Bioshock review on the BBC features ZP?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I hope Yahtzee (and by extension, the Escapist) got royalties for that >_>

Can't listen at the moment as I'm technically in an IT class so no sound.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Ahh, the sound of someone who knows what they're talking about trying to describe games to the uneducated.

Poor guy.

Jul 11, 2008
This guy is reviewing a game that he seems to have only heard of, not actually played, it might've been better to just have the whole of Yahtzee's review instead of that suit droning on.

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
Funny that they use Yathzee's heavily biased opinion to inform non-gamers about the Game.

Yet I appreciate it very much that they show a not mainstream opinion on a game that was universally praised from the critical mainstream.
But at the same time they are building up the hype.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
yersimapestis said:
Amnestic said:

lucky bastard.
I fail to see how waking up at 7AM to get ready for a 9AM IT class on a Friday - an IT class which I could sleep through and still pass with no issue - is 'lucky'.

God I hate my timetable.

/wrist

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
yersimapestis said:
wait are you at high school? because at my scool wwe cant even get fucking pictures of gordon freeman! -.- that came out wrong.
University. Compulsory 'advanced' IT course as part of my psychology shizz. Not a bad thing exactly, sat next to a cute computer illiterate lass who's constantly asking for help. :p

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
Crazy_Bird said:
Funny that they use Yathzee's heavily biased opinion to inform non-gamers about the Game.
And you've just lost it.

OT: That is awesome. Nice to see the mainstream-ier media featuring something actually worth hearing about.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Amnestic said:
yersimapestis said:
Amnestic said:

lucky bastard.
I fail to see how waking up at 7AM to get ready for a 9AM IT class on a Friday - an IT class which I could sleep through and still pass with no issue - is 'lucky'.

God I hate my timetable.

/wrist
I feel your pain...sort of. Don't have to go in for IT until 12! ;D

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
It's quite funny actually. Did they at least ask him about using that content?

Otherwise yeah, he is getting pretty famous +)

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
it's a shame the guy didn't drop yahtzee's name, or even the name of the show, although he did mention the website.

It's also funny to hear yahtzee's Bioshock review voice, because he's gotten a lot faster and angrier since then

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
To everyone thinking he hasn't even played the game, refer to:

Sebenko said:
Ahh, the sound of someone who knows what they're talking about trying to describe games to the uneducated.

Poor guy.
When you're describing something to people who have no idea about it, you don't go into too much detail. That just bores the audience (apart from the minority that nitpick).

Besides, if his job is to talk about games and stuff for a major station, you can't expect him to know every intricate detail, can you? Man probably has a schedule.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Angerwing said:
To everyone thinking he hasn't even played the game, refer to:

Sebenko said:

Poor guy.
When you're describing something to people who have no idea about it, you don't go into too much detail. That just bores the audience (apart from the minority that nitpick).

Besides, if his job is to talk about games and stuff for a major station, you can't expect him to know every intricate detail, can you? Man probably has a schedule.
premuch this. In his position, he basically had to explain it the same way he'd explain it to his 90 year old grandpa who'd never played a game in his life.

Charlie_Brown

Jan 16, 2009
Nice to see the BBC bringing games to the masses, shame it's a little dumbed down.

Also, the BBC did not credit Yahtzee at all - there's not label on screen saying "Theescapist.com" or "courtesy of Ben Croshaw" or anything, my guess is they didn't know about this.
If so, while "Fair Use" applies for things under 30 seconds, some sort of reference should have been made more than the off hand mention from the correspondant. This is Yahtzee's work they're stealing after all.

Also, no one commented on how pretty the anchor is?
Hot anchor(at 1:52) said:
Wow, it looks very futuristic...
Sigh, maybe not.