Bioware allows the release of "The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3" a tell all app for $2.99 WTF?!

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Mr Somewhere said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
So... I'm gonna just go ahead and say that Mass Effect fans are the new Sonic fans
At first I was terrified by all of this, how terribly people reacted to it all. But now, I'm just having fun. This is the most fun I've had on the internet in a long time.
I'm confused as to why i was quoted for this statement.

are you saying I'm wrong?

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
8-Bit_Jack said:
Mr Somewhere said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
So... I'm gonna just go ahead and say that Mass Effect fans are the new Sonic fans
At first I was terrified by all of this, how terribly people reacted to it all. But now, I'm just having fun. This is the most fun I've had on the internet in a long time.

No, no, I'm agreeing with you. I liked your post, it certainly seems to be the case that sonic fans have been bested.

MarxonSR1

Apr 28, 2009
I just do not understand......

Even Halo Reach, with it's 'who can have the most glorious/heroic death' approach to characters, gave more closure and had a better ending.

Also I don't know why people seem to think massive amounts of speculation are good. If I want to have the maximum amount of speculation possible, I'll make a story up. If I am being told a story, I expect you to end it properly, not just a massive cliffhanger.

Cliffhangers are fine and everything, but they shouldn't encompass everything in the story.

MarxonSR1

Apr 28, 2009
Uszi said:
*Spoiler*
Er, in regards to the Indoctrination theory crap:

Does anyone have an answer for why the prothean VI doesn't pick up on Shep's indoctrination?

If every time he sees the kid he's at least partially indoctrinated, including the beginning on earth, then why doesn't the VI notice it on Thessia or the Cerberus Base?

If Shep wasn't experiencing any signs of indoctrination, then the theory falls out the window, since Shep was 100% indoctrination free on the Cerberus base, but is suddenly indoctrinated less than 24 hours later on Earth. To quote the codex:

"Rapid indoctrination is possible, but causes this decay in days or weeks. Slow, patient indoctrination allows the thrall to last for months or years."
So if he is indoctrinated, and it is "rapid onset indoctrination," then that means you have an insane or mentally degraded Shepard to look forward too when he "wakes up" in the Deep Breath cutscene.

Wonderful... Remind me again why this theory gives people so much hope?
There are holes, but frankly I think any possibility that the ending we got essentially didn't exist, is great. If Bioware ran with what is essentially 'it was all a dream', I would still be annoyed, but I could at least go away having enjoyed Mass Effect as a series again.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Mr Somewhere said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
Mr Somewhere said:
8-Bit_Jack said:

No, no, I'm agreeing with you. I liked your post, it certainly seems to be the case that sonic fans have been bested.
oh ok.

I have people that concur!

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
The more I hear about the ending, the less I want to play it. Its literally half an hour away. I could start the game right now and be with TIM in 5 minutes. But im still not sure I want to see the ending. Maybe I should just ignore it and be happier that way?
Do so. I regret playing it. The ending has ruined the rest of the games for many of us.