Bioware announces new ending DLC for Mass Effect 3

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Bioware announces new ending DLC for Mass Effect 3

http://tftscdn4.nexus404.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads2/2010/12/Mass-Effect-2-PS3-Engine.jpg​
Bioware has just announced today that a new ending will be available to download for any current owners of Mass Effect 3.

Unless you have been living in a hole for the last few weeks, you have noticed that Mass Effect 3 fans have been making a bit of a fuss about the ending. Most of these complaints have been about how the player's choice should have affected the ending but didn't, as well as a large portion complaining about the lack of a difference between endings. On these forums alone, there are dozens of threads complaining about the ending, as well as a delightful thread concerning the shipment of <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116530-Gamers-Ship-400-Cupcakes-to-BioWare-in-Protest-of-Mass-Effect-3>400 cupcakes to Bioware, as a sort of peaceful protest. Overwhelmingly, it seems fans are really angry about the ending.

Well it seems that these cries of anger have finally been answered.

Kotaku got a chance to sit down with franchise executive producer and director Casey Hudson, and was able to ask whether fans would be able to see a new ending<quote=Hudson>Fans will be pleased to hear that we have developed three new possible endings which take into account all the actions Shepard takes. No, this DLC will not cost anything. Yes, you can go and download it right now. No, it will not be available for players that buy the game after this announcement.
So there you have it Mass Effect 3 fans, make sure you download this DLC pack as soon as you can. PC players will be required to enter their CD key, while Xbox and PS3 players can get it from the main screen. Hudson was not clear as to how future copies of the game will be prevented from getting a piece of this deal, but it seems likely that the DLC will simply stop being free after a short while.

Kotaku

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
If only this wasn't April 1st, and the source link wasn't a YouTube link.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
I clicked on the link just because I wanted to hear the song again.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Eddie the head said:
It's April 1st you didn't think people would catch that?
I had 3 pages of comments last year when Justin Bieber got a gender change, so I have high hopes for this one :D
Antitonic said:
Most people are not smart enough to check what the link is before clicking on it :p
Hal10k said:
I clicked on the link just because I wanted to hear the song again.
I know hey? I actually LIKE Rick Astley, so I am immune to being rickrolled by that. Rebecca Black however...

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Torrasque said:
Eddie the head said:
I had 3 pages of comments last year when Justin Bieber got a gender change, so I have high hopes for this one :D
I wonder when the first person that doesn't notice is going to come in.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Torrasque said:
Antitonic said:
Most people are not smart enough to check what the link is before clicking on it :p
True, but today I'd expect people to be extra paranoid. Not to be pedantic, but there's a few spelling and grammar errors that tipped me off, too. :p

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
Might be a while before you get a bite: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10812276

He's getting good at ruining a good time.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Antitonic said:
Torrasque said:
Antitonic said:
True, but today I'd expect people to be extra paranoid. Not to be pedantic, but there's a few spelling and grammar errors that tipped me off, too. :p
Oh really? I'll have to touch them up to keep up the ruse.
I made this a few days ago and I was in a bit of a hurry because I was loling so hard.
Eddie the head said:
Torrasque said:
Eddie the head said:
I wonder when the first person that doesn't notice is going to come in.
I hope someone gets REALLY REALLY mad that this isn't a thing.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Eddie the head said:
Slightly unrelated note I got to Jim Carrey stand up from watching that video. I don't know how.
Welcome to youtube?
There is a whole category of videos dedicated to "how the fuck did I get here from X?"

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
kman123 said:
This has been a fun April Fool's.
Captcha: be my friend.

...nah.
It is just starting :D
I am excited to see what bigger companies do with their trolling.

DrWilhelm

May 5, 2009
Shame on you for raising my hopes, even if only for the briefest of moments before my eyes alighted upon the time stamp.

Hmmm. I wonder what Blizzard have done for their April Fools joke this year. They usually have some absolute corkers.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
DrWilhelm said:
Shame on you for raising my hopes, even if only for the briefest of moments before my eyes alighted upon the time stamp.

Hmmm. I wonder what Blizzard have done for their April Fools joke this year. They usually have some absolute corkers.
I just checked it out, and oh man is it good xD
The credits had me rofling.

DrWilhelm

May 5, 2009
Torrasque said:
DrWilhelm said:

I just checked it out, and oh man is it good xD
The credits had me rofling.
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/blizzkidzz/

Oh Blizzard...