BioWare Asks Fans About Showing Tali's Face in Mass Effect 3

Clonekiller

Dec 7, 2010
Personally, I'd like to see her face. (I'd like it even more if they used the voice actress as a model instead of pulling a random face out of their butts, but that's just personal preference.) I think it could be great for a moving emotional scene, probably right after resolving the mess with her homeworld. (Maybe only reveal her face to those who romanced her?) Regardless of what they decide, I'm just glad Tali's coming back.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
Everyone just HAD TO KNOW Wolverine's past was... and look how that turned out...

Everyone just HAD TO KNOW how Darth Vader fell... and look what we got...

Everyone just HAD TO KNOW Doomsdays back history... and.. well.. it was kind of cool.. then got really lame..

I could go on, but, the point is, the above charathers were intresting, *in part*, because they were a mystery. The mystery got hyped to no end, and they payoffs seemed to disapoint more then satisif. And taking away the mystery sometimes harms the charater. It did with Darth Vader for me, a bit. He isn't quite the bad@$$ he used to be ever since I've seen the prequals.

So no, I'm good. I LIKE Tali. I don't have to know what she looks like. A little mistery is a good thing IMO.

shadowelancer

Mar 18, 2009
Screw what tali looks like shepherd should stumble across the latest issue of PlayQuarian in Mass Effect 3

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
I think they should finally show her face. The mystery has been fun, but now it would just be ridiculous to not unmask her. Can you imagine how many bioware fans lose sleep, just wondering what Tali's face looks like? Put them (and me) out of their misery.

I don't get it when people say: "The real Tali will never live up to expectations."

How so? I don't think anyone was expecting her to have diamonds for eyes, that can shoot lasers.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
mireko said:
At the end she'll take off the mask, revealing SHEPARD'S FACE.

Cut to black. No credits.

[sub]What a tweest![/sub]
As someone who plays FemShep, I approve of this message.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
I think that it should be put in as a choice during the game so you can decide either way if you want to see her face or not.

LiudvikasT

Jan 21, 2011
ExaltedK9 said:
How so? I don't think anyone was expecting her to have diamonds for eyes, that can shoot lasers.
I kinda am. Since quarians are using cybernetics I expect them to at least shoot lasers out of their eyes.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Okay maybe it's my age showing, but does anyone else remember a situation like this from the past?

We all wanted to see what Darth Vader looked like under the scary black mask.

We all wished we hadn't after it was done.

I don't mean the old wrinkly dude. I mean Hayden Christensen. My God what a travesty.

Aug 1, 2010
YES!!! I would love to see it, but only if it looks like, or similar to this:

[spoiler/][image/]http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tali2.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
I remember liking Tali a lot in ME1. She and Wrex were my go-to-ers (Wrex didn't die in my story obviously). I remember wishing I could romance her but settled for Ashley (who I couldn't stand).

I found out a little late in ME2 that I could romance her and had to settle for Miranda. When I did the restart with the character, I immediately romanced her.

She has been one of my favorite characters in the series. I will continue my romance with her in ME3 (I'm curious to see Ashley's reaction). I want to see her face out of curious. If she has the predator/zoidberg face, I'll be creeped out and have a good laugh that I romanced her.

Personally, I would like it if the quarians all unmasked and it turns out they are the most beautiful creatures in the galaxy.

Either way, I won't be disappointed.

ward0630

Nov 25, 2009
No, dont do it, back away from the ledge Bioware. I know you guys are professionals, but there is no way you can make Tali's face so great that supporters will flood the forums to drown out all the trolls and other people that dont like what you did with Tali's face. Look at Master Chief, from Halo. He was charismatic, and he had about 10 lines of dialogue per game and about as much personality as a box of tissues. Now he is a culture icon, and hordes of fanboys come out of the woodwork to defend him online. . Now look at Samus, from Metroid. She was a female gaming icon. Then Team moron or whoever made the most recent Metroid decided to give her a voice, and EVERYONE HATED HER after that. All the work making her the most awesome female character in gaming, and now her name will forever be associated with that soulless voice and crappy cash in. Bottom line, Please PLEASE dont show her face, because nothing you do will be as cool or spawn as much discussion as keeping Tali's face a mystery.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
in the right context, Tali being unmasked could be a fantastic development for her as a character and Quarians as a whole.

Imagine if in the recruit phase for Tali in Mass Effect 3 she ends up taking a Yahg that was indoctrinated hand to hand, and her suits helmet was damaged beyond repair. this forces her into a clean room on the Normandy where she is critically ill, and confesses her crush on Commander Shepard, or berates herself for being carless enough to think she could take on said Yahg hand to hand.

this could extend to her replacement helmet being human made with a transparent faceplate.

Another possibility would be that the Quarians Species as a whole, realizing that in their war with the Geth, they can not afford to rely on suits undergo a massive Genetic and Cybernetic enhancement so that they can survive outside their helmets boosting their immune systems to tolerate non sterilized air. Tali being a younger generation, is part of a movement of Quarians youths that completely forgo their suits as a result, making her big reveal REALLY shocking during recruitment.

NeonWraith

Nov 25, 2008
tacomonkey 360 said:
Just make Fornax magazine a real thing and we all will know what Qurians look like. Also im curious as to what Salrian, Krogen, Turian females look like. Two game and we still havent scene any.
In fairness, it is mentioned in the background entry for the Salarians that it's extremely rare for females to leave their home planet, and that the female Krogan are off on their own in a seperate safe area the one time you go to their home world. So it's not THAT odd you've never seen females from those races (although, I think there is a female in the Krogan compound in ME2), but yes, you have a point about the Turians.

Also, the idea of them taking off their suits on the (newly reclaimed) homeworld wouldn't work. The reason they wear them is because they've spent so long living in completely sterile environments that they've a very, very weak immune system and would be just as vulnerable to bacteria from their own planet as from anywhere else these days.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I'd rather not see Tali's face myself. For one thing, different people will be expecting different appearances, so no matter what they make her look like, BioWare will be pissing a lot of people off. Second, not seeing her face is part of the fun.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Landis963 said:
The option should be there, IMO, but only if you romanced her in ME2 or ME3. If they do this, however, It should not be predator/dr. Zoidberg, it should be something that one could find beautiful. Not "space elf", I have a bit more faith in Bioware's character modelers than that cliche, and besides, the asari already have that covered. Tweaking the placeholder would be a good place to start, IMO.
This is the option that I am most in favor of. When I first played ME2, a big reason why I romanced her was because I thought I might get to see her face. A little disappointed that I didn't but she is still one of my favorite characters.

Part of me wants to know and the other part wants it to remain a mystery. It should definitely be a choice, out of romance like you suggested, so it isn't inevitable and people who don't want to see it can skip it.

If they do let us see her face and I decide to look, I hope it doesn't look too human. Someone on DeviantArt drew a concept art of her and she looked really creepy as a mostly human-being, besides the difference in hand and foot digits. If the Quarians end up looking humanoid, but still distinctly different like Asari, then that would be fine with me.

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
Considering it's the end of the series, it would need a strong, provoking finish. Showing her face, provided you show it right, gets a definite thumbs up for me.

Also wanna see that smexy Krogan Princess, mm.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
If they revealed any quarians, I would get the game on that premise alone because right now I don't really have any desire to buy ME3.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
kayisking said:
I do think they should leave her mask on. It's simply impossible to please everyone so this way nobody is annoyed.
86% said that they wanted to see her face, and at least 8% are massive fans of the ideia and the games.
How is not revealing her face not annoying anyone?

I say show it. First reason, a mistery is only as good as it´s resolution. Something that stays a mistery for ever gives origin to all kinds of stupid theories and multiple factions, and it´s better to reveal it before it turns into some ultra-fighting between the superfans of the series. Second reason, guys, this is bioware! How many times did they let us down (Dragon Age 2 not included).
And third reason, 86%, man! It will create a fucking riot if they don´t show her face!