BioWare Is Lucky, Says Co-Founder

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
BioWare: "There's always bigger fish in the ocean. I think we know how lucky we are. We always know that we're super-fortunate that we have a nice combination of things going on."

Activision: "Modern Warfare 2 is the Star Wars of this generation."

Wow. Round of applause BioWare, your modesty just made my day. John Romero Activision, on the other hand, still wants to make us it's *****.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
megs1120 said:
unacomn said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Zeschuk says that BioWare is in a privileged position since its acquisition by EA in 2007. He says that EA gives the studio the support and budget it needs to make "great big giant games," and acknowledges that it's an enviable situation to be in: "I think we know how lucky we are," he said. "We always know that we're super-fortunate that we have a nice combination of things going on."
As I gaze upon the tombs of what were once Westwood, Origin, Bullfrog, Pandemic and many more, I say to thee, beware the beast but enjoy the feast he offers. Just remember to skip on the check.
Right on, Origin was glad EA's money enabled them to make "great big giant games" like Wing Commander IV, but in the end, Origin isn't around anymore. EA is a different company now than it was when they shut down Origin, but all the same, good luck, Bioware, you might need it.
Even if Bioware disolves, they'll just start a new company, probably called Biorganoware. Remember the founders were MD's with private practices that said "Screw the money lets have fun".

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Omnific One said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Now...would you kindly use that luck and success to make "Jade Empire 2", Bioware?
For god's sakes, yes. Edit: Or KoTOR3

I am a tad worried that Bioware is becoming to dependent on DLC sales. They've just been pumping so much time and money into DLC, instead of expanding their horizons.
I just wish they'd make a sequel to Dragon Age.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
pearcinator said:
Lets face it, a lot of gamers are young and dumb. They dont get Bioware's epic RPGs because the stories are far too deep for them.
I think the video game community as a whole would improve if we stopped assuming that people who don't like what we like are "dumb" or just "don't get it".

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
BloodSquirrel said:
Omnific One said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Now...would you kindly use that luck and success to make "Jade Empire 2", Bioware?
For god's sakes, yes. Edit: Or KoTOR3

I am a tad worried that Bioware is becoming to dependent on DLC sales. They've just been pumping so much time and money into DLC, instead of expanding their horizons.
I just wish they'd make a sequel to Dragon Age.
A true sequel would be nice. How is the new one even an RPG beyond looting? There is no character customization (compared to DA1).

Edit: Before anyone attacks me, the second sentence was meant to be facetious.

cpsusie

Jun 22, 2010
Eclectic Dreck said:
I think the video game community as a whole would improve if we stopped assuming that people who don't like what we like are "dumb" or just "don't get it".
Yup. I totally agree. Personally I see no smart/dumb dichotomy between awesome shooters like HL2 and awesome RPGs like Dragon Age. I love'em all!

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
unacomn said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Zeschuk says that BioWare is in a privileged position since its acquisition by EA in 2007. He says that EA gives the studio the support and budget it needs to make "great big giant games," and acknowledges that it's an enviable situation to be in: "I think we know how lucky we are," he said. "We always know that we're super-fortunate that we have a nice combination of things going on."
As I gaze upon the tombs of what were once Westwood, Origin, Bullfrog, Pandemic and many more, I say to thee, beware the beast but enjoy the feast he offers. Just remember to skip on the check.
With that in mind, I also fear for Bioware's demise... :/

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
Ah so all the countless DLC is being made because Bioware is insecure and afraid that its current financial success may go away. :p