BioWare Pits Blonde Against Brunette in New FemShep Poll

draconiansundae

Sep 14, 2010
Bearjing said:
GiantRaven said:
Who cares? Does anybody actually ever use the default Shepard face?
I do, i'd rather spend the first hour of the game playing it instead of making the character.
Because it literally does take that long to make a non-ridiculous looking character with the character creation system...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm really happy that Bioware listened to their fans, and I was a little peeved about the blonde hair myself. I like the red and black hair, but as usual I apparently won't have a vote since I don't have FB.
Also, I can definitely see why Bioware decided to do this, since she will be on the cover of the special edition and if the fans are upset about the design they might lose out on sales.

Sep 14, 2009
haha oh god, this is where all the nerds chime in together for their fetishes of nerdy red ginger hair!

personally i don't care really, as like the dumbass bioware representative said people were voting for the hairstyle not the color (herp derp duhhh)

if i had a gun to my head it would probably be brunette or blonde, but not caring really, i got the hair style i preferred so no longer caring at this point.

Sep 14, 2009
GiantRaven said:
Who cares? Does anybody actually ever use the default Shepard face?
actually i do, just about every time. I hate the hairstyles they have otherwise so i generally stick with default as it has the better resolution and fits the character type better.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
I have to say that brunette looks incredibly sexy but I'd say the black is too dark, the blonde could work and the red.. if it was made to a more orangy colour then I might agree with it but for now its the blonde that looks the best

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
I remember when Bioware showed all the possible FemSheps. That was a shitty thread because people thought that an attractive blond female wasn't someone who could save the galaxy.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
TheBoulder said:
I remember when Bioware showed all the possible FemSheps. That was a shitty thread because people thought that an attractive blond female wasn't someone who could save the galaxy.
Well, not unless her male commanding officer gave her permission to.

Joking, just joking. lol

Definately torn between the blonde and redhead myself.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
My Joanna Shepard is a redhead, so that's the FemShep I like best, but...she looks way too young. Like, really, THAT girl can save the universe?
Well, Shepard -is- only 29 years old.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Prefer brunette but i don't care for the facial design & makeup on any of them.
And the great thing about the series is that you are completely free to create an appearance you prefer. I'm having a difficult time comprehending why some people feel that having this new default appearance in any way prevents them from using the character creator to construct their own FemShep.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
draconiansundae said:
So... doesn't everyone win?
On a grand scale, one could hope this fumbling helps to set some people on a path of finally coming to question their acceptance of the overall shallowness of the industry.

It's kind of funny, in a bitterly ironic way, because there is actually a line in Mass Effect 2, where the writers make fun of this sort of thing, by having a character describing almost the exact thing happening within the games' setting: Shepard was featured in motivational propaganda, but the picture was post mortem replaced with someone who better represented the industry standard attractiveness mark.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
JeanLuc761 said:
Susan Arendt said:
My Joanna Shepard is a redhead, so that's the FemShep I like best, but...she looks way too young. Like, really, THAT girl can save the universe?
Well, Shepard -is- only 29 years old.
Not to mention she lives in an age of psychic superpowers and platinum-powered cosmetic surgery. People living longer and aging slower shouldn't be too much of a problem by then.

Wut?! Can you link that thread please? :p

That is just silly... just because she is attractive and blond she can't save the galaxy? Did they forget the most badass superwoman of all times?

Yes, of course I mean Samus Aran, a blond bombshell who kicks more ass than maleshep and femshep together. :p
I'll agree with that for SNES Samus. Once we hit the 3D age, they tried to oversexualize Samus too much, and show her ass as much as possible.

That's why I like FemShep. Capable of kicking loads of ass, and also attractive without having to pander and wear a skin-tight jumpsuit everywhere to show off her curves.