BioWare Releases Dragon Age: Inquisition Class Details, Screenshots

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Not sure why they bothered revealing this. (well, apart from the need to passively advertise the game)
It's just the same D&D Trinity used in hundreds of other RPGs.

If it works, well, fine. But this is kind of like doing a pitch for tap water.

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
El Luck said:
bug_of_war said:
El Luck said:
You've got a funny idea of what getting annoyed is. I want them to show me things, not constantly talk, as I said, talk is cheap.

Also that game play trailer showed me only 2 things, one of which was never made clear. Firstly that you can cast spells. Well seeming as how its a Bioware fantasy RPG I kinda figured that one out without watching the trailer, because lets be honest the chances of Bioware breaking the mould are few and far between.
Secondly, there's possibly dodge mechanics in the game or a class has dodge abilities or hell it could have even been a cut scene for all I know, either way its still not telling me much. And even then I can't trust the information that trailer is giving me about the game play because it was a touched up ingame cinematic, no UI to be seen.
And as I said, they have 5 more months to show more. Look at COD and Assassin's Creed, both yearly titles that really don't show much until 6 months till it's release, but once they open the gates, the flood comes along with interviews where they talk about things that have yet to be previewed. Yes talk is cheap, but when the still have a little bit less than half a year to show me more I sit back and wait and see, I don't sneer in their direction and scold them for talking about their game.

As for the second trailer, I thought it was a decent trailer. It showed the graphics off, showed some (probable) beta footage of in game game play. One thing that I find funny is that a lot of Bioware fans scream for a great story and always say game play is second (see Mass Effect 1), so it's odd to see someone getting pissed off that the game play itself was minor in terms of the story line they were getting across in the second trailer.
First off. Sneering? What?

The reason I'm not fussed about the story is because I know Bioware can deliver, yes they've had some slip ups in the past but overall they can tell a good story. All I need is the premise and that'll do me fine, the rest I can find out about in the game.

Gameplay however I want to see the combat mechanics, and the dialogue choices, because those 2 are the 2 things that'll (hopefully) make up to 95% of the game. In terms of dialogue I really want to see a good system for a change, not the one that was in DA2, where you generally got three choices, one angry, one sarcastic and one heroic, and even then what was written on the three choices had very little chance of being what your character said.
With the combat, I want to see how it flows, I want to see the classes in action, how they'll work, how the spells work and how the healing works, I want to see if it'll be like Origins with the enemies placed about so you had to be strategic otherwise you'd likely die and have to start again, or will it be like DA2 where you'll have a few placed around but the majority will come out of nowhere and there wont be much going in terms of strategy.

Also you find it funny that I was expecting to see game play in a game play trailer? well glad to know you've got a great sense of humour there. Also stop trying to guess my mood, your not good at it.
Did you play the first Mass Effect? It had the same dialogue system - did you find that dumb too, considering that what Shepard said was not what was on the wheel?

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
I just can't stop ranting on it everywhere... THIS. LOOKS. BAD. Those designs are bad even by 90-es standards, and they are horrid for an RPG with a grimdark realistic setting. But not only they look bad, they also look poor! Pretty much like mediocre MMO models. And same applies to environments as well. Looks like designers are unable to use the engine properly.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
El Luck said:
First off. Sneering? What?

The reason I'm not fussed about the story is because I know Bioware can deliver, yes they've had some slip ups in the past but overall they can tell a good story. All I need is the premise and that'll do me fine, the rest I can find out about in the game.

Gameplay however I want to see the combat mechanics, and the dialogue choices, because those 2 are the 2 things that'll (hopefully) make up to 95% of the game. In terms of dialogue I really want to see a good system for a change, not the one that was in DA2, where you generally got three choices, one angry, one sarcastic and one heroic, and even then what was written on the three choices had very little chance of being what your character said.
With the combat, I want to see how it flows, I want to see the classes in action, how they'll work, how the spells work and how the healing works, I want to see if it'll be like Origins with the enemies placed about so you had to be strategic otherwise you'd likely die and have to start again, or will it be like DA2 where you'll have a few placed around but the majority will come out of nowhere and there wont be much going in terms of strategy.

Also you find it funny that I was expecting to see game play in a game play trailer? well glad to know you've got a great sense of humour there. Also stop trying to guess my mood, your not good at it.
Yes, your original comment does come off as sneering.

And yes, there should be game play in a game play trailer, and there was. There was also story building in the trailer and showing the new types of enemies. What you're expecting is more or less along the lines of a game play demo, which while I'm not saying is a bad thing to want, I'm saying it's much different than a trailer.

As for the part about the finding it funny thing, it was more of a general thought that crossed my mind. the game play trailer showed game play and story, and I figure most Bioware fans care more about the story and I find it quite funny seeing as how I thought the trailer we were given presented a very nice balance between game play and story and here you are asking for more game play. That's not a bad thing, it's just something I found particularly interesting.

I'm not trying to guess your mood, I'm responding to what you have written and what you have written (whilst it may not have been your intent) comes off as impatient, annoyed and a little spiteful. I have no idea if you really were any of those, for all I know you could just be a troll, either way I responded to the posts as I understood them.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Looks like Maleficent got reincarnated as African women. I see this series is continuing the fine tradition of mages with horrible hats.

I'd be interested to see the skill trees for the classes and specializations just to get an idea of how much variability there is. Yes Warrior, Mage or Rouge is cliché but you can still get a fair amount into that.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Zeras said:
Did you play the first Mass Effect? It had the same dialogue system - did you find that dumb too, considering that what Shepard said was not what was on the wheel?
I honestly tried to get in to Mass Effect I just couldn't because I didn't like the combat, so instead I watched a friend play through all of them, and I enjoyed it. Yeah I would say that the dialogue system would be something I would be critical of about.

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
El Luck said:
Zeras said:
I honestly tried to get in to Mass Effect I just couldn't because I didn't like the combat, so instead I watched a friend play through all of them, and I enjoyed it. Yeah I would say that the dialogue system would be something I would be critical of about.
Did watching your friend play give you more incentive to play yourself?

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
And I STILL assume that you can't either follow or play the titular race of the Qunarians? You know, the only truly ideologically interesting faction in the last two games.
God. Damnit. I want my character to convert.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
ms_sunlight said:
Mage pants! Mages wearing trousers instead of satin ballgowns! I'm in!
I know, right? Before you had to specialize to Arcane Warrior to have be given the bold right to wear trousers.

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
You know... the more I hear about Dragon Age: Inquisition, the more I look forward to The Witcher 3.