BioWare Reveals Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Stats

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
The reason I go into battle with my assault rifle, is that my Avenger assault rifle is at level 10 and has a level five stability improver and a level 3 clip extender.

Though along with that I either carry my level ten Mantis sniper rifle, or my level ten Katana shotgun. When carrying that assault rifle and either the sniper or the shotgun, my power recharge is still over 100%.

The reason people can't beat Gold is because at many times, Silver can be insanely difficult. On Silver, even if there is only one enemy near by, it can be damn near impossible to revive a fallen teammate.

I played 15 Silver rounds last night because I wanted to get one of those special N7 packs for beating it on Silver, but the closest we ever got was round ten a few times, though we could never get passed it because it would always throw out the hack objective, where enemies seem to spawn right next to the hack circle and they spawn up around two brutes and a banshee or sometimes two banshees and a brute. You can't just sit still while fighting those things, but the hack requires the players to be in the circle and there isn't enough room to fight those things in the circle.

Silver at times seems like it is on Insanity, and if that the case, Gold difficulty must be ludicrous.

Edit: And what, no love for Sentinels. I adored playing my Turian and Krogan Sentinels. Also, don't be bashing the Turian Soldier, that proximity mine ability is shear awesome when it has a good recharge time. Proximity mine, boom, bang bang, dead, repeat.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
I'm just trying to get my level 18 Battlefield 3 soldier to promote so I can start playing as the Salarian Engineer, which is the only alien race Ive so far unlocked.

OT: Not surprised. From what ive seen so far playing anything harder than bronze requires either really good players or team coordination. I have yet to add a single friend on origin :(

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
SpaceBat said:
Jennacide said:
Vanguard is alright, but still not as good as the core 3.
Hmm, I can't say much about this statement, as I've not played Gold yet. I do know that Vanguards absolutely dominate in everything else, are the main source of power and revivals in the other difficulty levels.

Optimizing your character basically nullifies the cooldown (using a heavy pistol, which is ridiculously superior to a shotgun in terms of dps and power cooldown), your attacks stun all enemies and effectively using the two main skills, meaning that you actually exploit the invincibility frames of both skills, makes it hard to actually die. What makes Vanguards so inferior for gold runs? Their need to leave the group in order to use their skills more often?

The idea that Vanguard goes from the best class (by far) on Bronze and Silver, to one of the least effective on Gold is just disappointing, that's all.
Yeah, in Silver meeting two phantoms in close quarters is a joke for a good Vanguard. Just like everything is.

I've played a few golds, and I only use Human Vanguard. What I can tell you is that you face a tonne of the various enemies that sport 1-hit kills in close combat in gold games starting wave 3 or 4 and only getting more prolific as the waves go on. I still compete well with the engineers, adepts and infiltrators in gold games, but it's imperative that your team focuses small groups of enemies together. You must wait for dangerous enemies to be isolated, or crowd controlled by the Asari Adept before you charge in. Having AoE charge instead of Higher Damage Charge is imperative as well.

Most common cause of unnecessary death: I choose a target to Charge. Target is then staggered by an ally during my wind-up, but its health is so high that it doesn't lose 100% of barrier. Therefore, my impact doesn't knock it down. They complete the stagger animation and interrupt my Nova with instant death. (the frames leading up to the application of novas damage are not invulnerable)

Dec 14, 2009
I think the biggest issue with multiplayer is balancing the classes and weapons.

A pistol shouldn't outclass an assault rifle, and SMGs are next to worthless.

Some of the classes need tweaking as well, because as it stands, Sentinel's Tech armor is a near useless skill, the Quarian Engineer's Sentry Turret is pitifully weak and Drell Vanguards are hilariously underpowered.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
I cannot imagine Gold...Silver is pretty darn difficult. I've played a lot of the MP (well, I consider it a lot but I have a full time job, a wife, and a life, so it's doubtless not very much) and only beaten silver twice.

I think (like several other people here mentioned) that the heart of the problem is the way you get weapons and races. I'm dying to play a Krogan, but have yet to unlock it. I would really love to use weapons because I like them, but end up using whichever weapon I've been luckiest with.

I have to give EA credit - I have never been more tempted to buy "booster packs" in a video game more. At $2 a pop, the money is so little that I have trouble not quantifying purchasing them (so far, only given in twice). It is like EA has learned all the lessons from Wizards of the Coast with Magic the Gathering and Farmville.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I can't read the picture, and the article doesn't have a link back to the source material.

Anyways I did a quick google search and wasn't surprised by anything really. I have seen to much.

ButanicXpandA

Oct 20, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
and Drell Vanguards are hilariously underpowered.
Perhaps in sheer barrier power, this just forces you to think on your feet all the time, ive no problem with playing a drell vanguard, in fact, i consider it my 'main' simply because it relieves the tedium of cover based combat, if played well you won't get downed nearly as much as you think.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
What? No love for Adapt class? Cluster Gernades and Shockwaves aren't your thing?

To me, that's surprising but what do I know?

captcha: woah there

That fits.

PaganAxe

Jan 30, 2012
What I've never understood is how the Soldier is the most popular. You pretty much have to be okay with only using weapons and with all the cool biotic and tech abilities that other classes have, Soldier just seems boring. The krogan is probably a little more fun with being able to play as the juggernaut, but the human Soldier is just uninteresting. If I wanted to throw frags and fire rifle grenades concussive shots of a seemingly endless quantity, I'd go back to playing MW2.

NinjaRock

Aug 16, 2011
erttheking said:
Speaking of multiplayer I haven't been on xbox today, did we beat that kill 1 million brutes challenge.
Yeah we did. 3 times over.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/19/operation-goliath-success-2/

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Yeah....I'm not touching silver/gold until I've got a level 20 Vanguard or Infiltrator with level X weapons.

The difficulty spike in going from bronze to silver is just insane and being in a group today with one guy who got taken down seven times in a single wave on bronze has made me more reluctant to move up at this time....

Aug 1, 2010
Alright, I'm getting pretty sick of these boards now...

STOP. WHINING. ABOUT. MASS. EFFECT. 3!
YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME. I GET IT.

OT:
Fun! Stats are always nice...

I'm amazed at the number of soldiers... They CAN work, but they just don't have enough interesting powers for me.

When I want to play Tank/DPS, I roll out my Human Sentinel with a Plasma Shotty.

Though I'm sure the Turian and Krogan soldiers are a LOT more fun than the humans.

Damn you luck!!!

Raesvelg

Oct 22, 2008
The thing that irritates the hell out of me is when people would rather wipe than launch a single missile...

Oct 30, 2010
Turian soldier is hardly the class I'm most effective with, but grabbing a quick firing assault rifle with max marksmanship fire rate bonuses is really fulfilling.

Dec 14, 2009
Raesvelg said:
The thing that irritates the hell out of me is when people would rather wipe than launch a single missile...
Yeah, I lost a silver map on the extraction wave because someone decided it was a good idea to launch a missile ten second after we actually needed it (banshees and brutes closing in through a bottleneck) and the entire team wiped because he managed to only hit one of them.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Jennacide said:
So the moral of the story is that most players pick the worst weapons and the weakest classes. Heavy Pistol > Assault Rifle, Adept and Engineer are the top tier classes. (In particular Asari Adept and Salarian Engineer) Infiltrator is still good, though not enough people play it worth a damn.
I'm gonna have to disagree on the Engineer, after playing both of them, I feel the Human Engineer is much better as you can set Overload to chain and disrupt every enemy that comes at you and the Combat droid is just as effective as a distraction as the Salarian's decoy.

Chappy

May 17, 2010
NinjaRock said:
erttheking said:
Speaking of multiplayer I haven't been on xbox today, did we beat that kill 1 million brutes challenge.
Yeah we did. 3 times over.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/19/operation-goliath-success-2/
I'll say what I said on the Bioware forums.

If we killed 3 Million brutes in 3 days how many Banshee did we take down? I've seen a few people already say we should go after 1 mil Banshee next, could be interesting.

OT - For the multiplayer I don't really use a Soldier I go with a Quarian Infiltrator with Assualt Rifle and Sniper so I guess I'm not that far from the average.

Raesvelg

Oct 22, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Yeah, I lost a silver map on the extraction wave because someone decided it was a good idea to launch a missile ten second after we actually needed it (banshees and brutes closing in through a bottleneck) and the entire team wiped because he managed to only hit one of them.
Lost count of the number of times I watched the entire group die just because nobody wanted to use a single rocket to buy us some breathing room lol. When everyone has three of the damn things, Silver shouldn't be that hard.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Wow, people are boring if the most played classes are the combat-oriented classes instead of the tech or biotic oriented-classes. Then again most people probably play the class their Shepard is on SP, and since most people prefer the classes that had at least some combat specialization(Soldier obviously the best, Vanguard and Infiltrator are half and half) so it makes some sense. Guess I'm one of the weird people who prefers to play a class that their Shepard isn't, although that's mainly due to the lack of time dilation with Infiltrators on MP.

The one stat that both surprises me and doesn't surprise me at the same time is the most played alien race. I'm surprised that the number is so low, but not surprised that the race is Turian since both Turian characters are only uncommon. If it were Krogan I'd be beyond shocked considering their rarity.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
The reason I go into battle with my assault rifle, is that my Avenger assault rifle is at level 10 and has a level five stability improver and a level 3 clip extender.

Though along with that I either carry my level ten Mantis sniper rifle, or my level ten Katana shotgun. When carrying that assault rifle and either the sniper or the shotgun, my power recharge is still over 100%.

The reason people can't beat Gold is because at many times, Silver can be insanely difficult. On Silver, even if there is only one enemy near by, it can be damn near impossible to revive a fallen teammate.

I played 15 Silver rounds last night because I wanted to get one of those special N7 packs for beating it on Silver, but the closest we ever got was round ten a few times, though we could never get passed it because it would always throw out the hack objective, where enemies seem to spawn right next to the hack circle and they spawn up around two brutes and a banshee or sometimes two banshees and a brute. You can't just sit still while fighting those things, but the hack requires the players to be in the circle and there isn't enough room to fight those things in the circle.

Silver at times seems like it is on Insanity, and if that the case, Gold difficulty must be ludicrous.
Its really not anywhere near as difficult as you're making it out to be. Heck, me and Onyxoblivion managed to do a silver on reapers with a level 16 Asari adept and both of us playing level 20 human engineers. We not only managed to beat it, we did it with a full extraction heavily in thanks to some well placed missiles, some nice overload chains, a few stasis bubbles and a lot of medi-gels. I think we only failed one silver in the 5 or 6 we played together that night and I just got back from doing another one with him on Firebase White.
Sonic Doctor said:
Edit: And what, no love for Sentinels. I adored playing my Turian and Krogan Sentinels. Also, don't be bashing the Turian Soldier, that proximity mine ability is shear awesome when it has a good recharge time. Proximity mine, boom, bang bang, dead, repeat.
Sentinels are great, but the problem with the Turian Sentinel is that he isn't suppose to be damage and ability oriented and the Soldier is good to, but still not that great due to its lack of adrenaline rush and Concussive Shot being worthless against most special forces. That's why the Krogan Sentinel and Soldier is so much better. They can take a pounding and still decimate infantry thanks to their blood rage and tech armor/fortify.