BioWare Teases The Old Republic Announcements for Comic Con

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
EverythingIncredible said:
animehermit said:
PrinceofPersia said:
I'm going to set my expectations to LOW just like I did for the space combat (I'd thought they would push it out on an expansion). So I'd say their just going to show the opening crawls as part of the announcement.
What's wrong with the space combat?

It looks like a lot of fun...
Some people don't like Star Fox.
Blasphemy. Star Fox is awesome.
Indeed, but I have come across people who disliked StarFox 64 and ran away too quickly before I could lobotomize them, so the opinion does still exist...
Fappy said:
I hope it's beta. The longer this drags on the less interested I am in the game... I want to get the chance to try it out before I forget about it.
Open-beta is pretty much not happening (closed beta has been in process for quite a while now). Right now, the only announcement anyone is waiting for is the launch date.

*pokes Woodsley* Should we tell them about the group? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-SW-TOR]

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
animehermit said:
rsvp42 said:
Xersues said:
Just hope the end game, which they still haven't talked about and the journey are worth it.
You're not alone. To be fair, they have announced their version of raids already. I'm hoping there's more than just the one though.
I have hopes there's more that's not implemented yet. They've also hinted at alternative endgame activities but really haven't talked much about it yet. they've said there's more to show and this may be it.
Perhaps there's something coming in this new build? The one that's rolling out on the 20th? I'm interested to see what they have in store and I'd love for them to reveal some kind of killer app for their endgame that draws people in.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
PrinceofPersia said:
I'm going to set my expectations to LOW just like I did for the space combat (I'd thought they would push it out on an expansion). So I'd say their just going to show the opening crawls as part of the announcement.

Okay looks like I need to clarify somethings. I never said there was anything wrong with space combat. The fact was I was never expecting any space combat for SWTOR save for what I remembered from KOTOR 1. Yes I was expecting a turret game at best and nothing at worst. Then BAM Bioware laid out what they were doing for space combat. With the recent Retro trend going on I thought: "nice Bioware nice." If I learned anything from that experience was to keep my expectations grounded when looking at SWTOR. So far have not been disappointed much.

Spacegrass

Feb 15, 2011
Fursnake said:
If they do announce something amounting to a failry concrete release date, I will eat a sock...as long as that sock is made out of candy, meat or some other edible substance.
You should make a bacon sock.

I'm looking forward to the space combat; it looks like Star Fox 64 minus Slippy, so it could be the greatest thing ever. Still, I'm not sure why they're including it; it seems like it would take a lot of time and money to program what is basically a completely different game.

beniki

May 28, 2009
Looking forward to the game play video. All the videos I've seen have been a little clunky and awkward looking so far, which isn't exactly getting me hyped about the game. But if this is their release date or open beta announcement, it has to be their best effort right?

beniki

May 28, 2009
animehermit said:
beniki said:
Looking forward to the game play video. All the videos I've seen have been a little clunky and awkward looking so far, which isn't exactly getting me hyped about the game. But if this is their release date or open beta announcement, it has to be their best effort right?
I recommend looking up additional footage, I know the videos you are talking about, the class and progression videos are not actually how the game plays. There are plenty of other gameplay videos out there for those interested.

as for official videos? I recommend this:

Taral V

This is the best official release of gameplay (as well as one of the most recent). Doing a search for some of the leaked beta footage wouldn't hurt either, but keep in mind that the game is still unfinished.
Yeah actually, that does look a hell of a lot better.

... then again it could just be that I'm a sucker for capes, and that Jedi has a kick ass cape.