Bioware to Share its Plans for the Future of Mass Effect: Andromeda Next Week

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bioware to Share its Plans for the Future of Mass Effect: Andromeda Next Week

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1387/1387147.jpgBioware's going to reveal just how it's going to shape the future of Mass Effect: Andromeda next week.

Since it released last week, Mass Effect: Andromeda [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/17493-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Review#&gid=gallery_7084&pid=1] has received plenty of praise, as well as lots of criticism. In a post to Twitter last night, Bioware addressed all of the feedback it has received, and announced that it will reveal its plans for the future of the game next week.

The statement appeared on Twitter (as seen below), and read in part,

"We've received quite a bit of feedback, some of it positive and some of it critical. That feedback is an important part of our ongoing support of the game, and we can't wait to share more of our immediate plans with you on Tuesday, 4th April."

There's no exact information on just what the company plans to target, but there has been previous discussion about changes to the character creator to add more options, updates to the game's oft-mocked animations, and there are plenty of bugs worth addressing as well.

The company went on to say that players should, "keep your feedback coming. Our team is listening, working around the clock to gather information and plan out solutions to improve and build on Mass Effect: Andromeda.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/bioware/status/847244079159103488]

One other thing about this statement - it sounds oddly reminiscent of the statement that Bioware issued in regards to the Mass Effect 3 ending [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116390-BioWare-Considering-Calls-for-New-Mass-Effect-3-Ending]. That's not to say that that Andromeda is suffering from the same issues - or the same sort of backlash - as ME3, just to point out the similarities in the statements.

Bioware says that it will share more of its "immediate plans" with fans on Tuesday, April 4.

[gallery=7115]

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
good i look forward to seeing what improvements they make.

its a weird game it barely feels like mass effect

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
When a patch does away with some of the apparent wackiness in animations and cutscenes, that's when I'll buy it. I really want to give you my money, BioWare, but evidently you don't deserve it yet...

Issues with facial animation probably can't be 'fixed' or improved by much - nor can some of the less than compelling sounding voice actors performances. But what I've seen of it (bugs aside) hasn't looked anywhere near as bad as the some have claimed/boasted/memed-to-inane-death.

/edit

Johnny Novgorod said:
That's great news! I feel like smiling.

Is that supposed to look 'bad'?

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Darth Rosenberg said:
But what I've seen of it (bugs aside) hasn't looked anywhere near as bad as the some have claimed/boasted/memed-to-inane-death.
The internet has said one thing, while all of my RL friends have said the complete opposite. Most of my friends are still enjoying the game, even though they can understand some of the complaints.

I'm gonna wait for a used copy to turn up somewhere after I hear about what Bioware has to say about the game.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
SlumlordThanatos said:
The internet has said one thing, while all of my RL friends have said the complete opposite. Most of my friends are still enjoying the game, even though they can understand some of the complaints.

I'm gonna wait for a used copy to turn up somewhere after I hear about what Bioware has to say about the game.
Not all of the internet, to be fair; TotalBiscuit's WTF may've been a bit of an epic, but on the whole he was very positive whilst being very measured.

I'm certainly going to pay retail price at one point or another, but past day1 or early purchases of BioWare games have thrown up some at times almost gamebreaking bugs, so from now on I'll count them alongside Bethesda in terms of companies to avoid early-doors.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Fix the embarrassing, amateur facial animations and maybe I'll consider it... when the price drops.

Bioware has to get it through their heads that animations and creepy models can no longer be one of the last development priorities in this generation.

goofsg

Feb 9, 2017
too late these are problems that should be fixed at launch considering the time and and money that went into the game im sorry mass effect is dead to me im also never buying another ea game after this

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Darth Rosenberg said:
When a patch does away with some of the apparent wackiness in animations and cutscenes, that's when I'll buy it. I really want to give you my money, BioWare, but evidently you don't deserve it yet...

Issues with facial animation probably can't be 'fixed' or improved by much - nor can some of the less than compelling sounding voice actors performances. But what I've seen of it (bugs aside) hasn't looked anywhere near as bad as the some have claimed/boasted/memed-to-inane-death.

/edit

Johnny Novgorod said:

Yes. They're the worst thing ever because when you buy a game you have to have the best graphics with the most realistic animations cause if you don't, you're not a real gamer.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
RaikuFA said:
Darth Rosenberg said:

/edit

Johnny Novgorod said:

Yes. They're the worst thing ever because when you buy a game you have to have the best graphics with the most realistic animations cause if you don't, you're not a real gamer.
It's bad in context of what she was doing and why. You just got out of cryo sleep and she has this weird long smile on her that nobody mildly sore puts on.
Nobody upset at the animations are demanding the most realistic shit ever. There is no reason for half the actors in their respective scene have dead she syndrome, rubber bad lips, and model glitching. Especially when a vast majority of players will be spending their time playing with the dialogue and talking to the characters. Animation should of been the second highest priority in a game like Mass Effect.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Wintermute said:
Hologram kid to the rescue.
Denial is canon. They are still in the Milky Way.

The whole SAM thing is a Vanilla Sky-esque training program for the cryo'd people until they wake up and lead the next cycle Javik 2.0 style.

BioWare is brilliant! Haters just gonna hate because it's the latest bandwagon.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Dragonbums said:
It's bad in context of what she was doing and why. You just got out of cryo sleep and she has this weird long smile on her that nobody mildly sore puts on.
It's called a grimace, and you do in fact do them when sore.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Dragonbums said:
RaikuFA said:
Darth Rosenberg said:

/edit

Johnny Novgorod said:

Nobody upset at the animations are demanding the most realistic shit ever. There is no reason for half the actors in their respective scene have dead she syndrome, rubber bad lips, and model glitching. Especially when a vast majority of players will be spending their time playing with the dialogue and talking to the characters. Animation should of been the second highest priority in a game like Mass Effect.
Actually that's just after your dance with death and waking up with what has to be a skull splitting headache considering what just happened to her brain

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
Ohh god Plenty of praise? really?

Honestly i don't know why people are defending this pile of garbage.

When something that deserves all the criticism and backlash comes along. we should dish it out... MAKE IT BETTER not defend it just because they worked "HARD" for it. Dude its their DAMN job they are GETTING PAID to do it. its the only way to make the product improve. As Yahtzee once said "Criticism is a force for good, nothing ever improves without coming in terms with its flaws".
I mean i won't stop criticising it just because it hurts their Feefees.

At least in my eyes it has back stabbed ME lore into oblivion..

-Slap fighting Krogans
-Preffered Pronoun Asari
-Retarded salarians
- And many many more..

Just because, they wanted to fill their diversity QUOTA.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
People are only upset at the animations because with 5 years and 40 million dollars, the animations are even worse than Mass Effect 1, which was released 10 years ago.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Artorius said:
Ohh god Plenty of praise? really?

Honestly i don't know why people are defending this pile of garbage.

When something that deserves all the criticism and backlash comes along. we should dish it out... MAKE IT BETTER not defend it just because they worked "HARD" for it. Dude its their DAMN job they are GETTING PAID to do it. its the only way to make the product improve. As Yahtzee once said "Criticism is a force for good, nothing ever improves without coming in terms with its flaws".
I mean i won't stop criticising it just because it hurts their Feefees.

At least in my eyes it has back stabbed ME lore into oblivion..

-Slap fighting Krogans
-Preffered Pronoun Asari
-Retarded salarians
- And many many more..

Just because, they wanted to fill their diversity QUOTA.
ok a few things;
1.did you play the game at all or just watch it on youtube?

2.if your response to number 1 was I just watched it on youtube kindly STFU.

3. if you have played the game (which I very much doubt) please remember this is NOT done by the bioware we know as this was made by the studio who made ME3's MP and is their first official game. that's not to excuse their lake of polish on the game they should be ashamed of how bad the visuals look but honestly while playing its not really an issue.

honestly this is looking like people still pissed about ME3 complaining about stuff cause apparently the ending in ME3 killed their dog, family, and was racist to them.(btw that's sarcasm)

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
im enjoying it but even ill admit there are some weird design choices.. dialogue like "my face is tired" that actually had me wondering if i heard it or it was in my head.

it probably needed another 6 - 12 months in development to iron out the issues

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Oh please say their plans are "Sell the IP to CDPR and let them make something amazing out of it".