BioWare's New Secret IP Revealed On A T-Shirt at GDC

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
dirtysteve said:
Also, I hope there's more to it that who's fucking who. Gameplay and story plz.
Uh, do you even Bioware? Composition of a good Bioware game:

10% Story and getting lost driving in moon craters
90% Fucking your blue alien GF on top of a giant killer robot

Let's not change the basic recipe of success here.

Disco Biscuit

Mar 19, 2016
I don't give a shit about Bioware, and haven't for longer than I did give a shit about them. I'd rather talk to the guy who buffs the floors at the convention than a Bioware employee shilling a new IP.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Fdzzaigl said:
Immediate hate whenever BioWare even gets mentioned nowadays, just ridiculous imo.

Dragon Age: Inquisition was flawed but still great fun. ME3 I won't get into, lets just say I don't share the majority opinion.
SW:TOR is one of two mmo's amongst thousands that I actually come back to now and then and great fun with friends.

There's other devs out there more deserving of your pitchforks, let it rest already.
No, Bioware deserves only the finest shit thrown at it because pre-EA it made some truly awesome games. IMO the last two good ones that came from it were ME1 and DA:O and while Origins was brought out under the auspices of EA it thankfully must have been nearly feature-complete before they got their hands on it.

Right now nothing Bioware brings out is even a vague shadow of their past creations and its all EA's fault. I reserve the right to hate on Bioware as hard as i like.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
dirtysteve said:
Also, I hope there's more to it that who's fucking who. Gameplay and story plz.
Dev T-shirt for S/S love interest, or preorder cancelled.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
To be honest the people above, such as Joccaren, have covered what I feel about Bioware these days.

I don't hate them, I just can't get enthusiastic about their games any more.

There was a time where I would rush out and buy anything with a Bioware name on it, I pre-ordered everything. Then Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 2 came about.

Now they aren't bad games but there was a shift there from what I came to expect from Bioware to a new action crowd. To be honest I thought ME1 was the perfect compromise, flawed in execution to be sure but there honestly was nothing I didn't like.

Then Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition arrived and they kind of showed me that the Bioware I feel in love with, the Bioware that had me dreaming that ME3 had been delivered, didn't exist any longer.

The company that made me buy without question had knocked themselves down to "I'll see what the reviews say and then buy it cheap later on."

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
They look like rendered shots of someone's vacation. Hardly noteworthy.

Then again, I was barely curious enough to click on the link to find out what the "secret IP" was. I'm probably not the audience they were trying to wow.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Quellist said:
Fdzzaigl said:
Immediate hate whenever BioWare even gets mentioned nowadays, just ridiculous imo.

Dragon Age: Inquisition was flawed but still great fun. ME3 I won't get into, lets just say I don't share the majority opinion.
SW:TOR is one of two mmo's amongst thousands that I actually come back to now and then and great fun with friends.

There's other devs out there more deserving of your pitchforks, let it rest already.
No, Bioware deserves only the finest shit thrown at it because pre-EA it made some truly awesome games. IMO the last two good ones that came from it were ME1 and DA:O and while Origins was brought out under the auspices of EA it thankfully must have been nearly feature-complete before they got their hands on it.

Right now nothing Bioware brings out is even a vague shadow of their past creations and its all EA's fault. I reserve the right to hate on Bioware as hard as i like.
Don't forgot that Bioware also made arguably the best Star Wars game of its era, KOTOR. I doubt many would complain if they went back to that quality of writing.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Zipa said:
Quellist said:
Fdzzaigl said:

Don't forgot that Bioware also made arguably the best Star Wars game of its era, KOTOR. I doubt many would complain if they went back to that quality of writing.
Whatever makes you think i forgot KOTOR? Or Jade Empire, Baldurs Gate etc...

I said ME1 and DA:O were the LAST two good games to come from them, not the only two. Also i think the chances of Bioware returning to that quality of writing under the auspices of EA are somewhere approaching zero