Black Knight Sword Review

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
DioWallachia said:
Devin Barker said:
im gonna post this here... it looks lonely...
Poser. What is my perfect visage doing in your avatar image? it makes me look fat!!
Just a humble fan of the Crawling Chaos (also i dare not try to make my avatar and image of Cthulhu, hes not supposed to wake up till tomorrow and i dont want to be the guy to kick that off early)

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Devin Barker said:
DioWallachia said:
Devin Barker said:
Poser. What is my perfect visage doing in your avatar image? it makes me look fat!!
Just a humble fan of the Crawling Chaos (also i dare not try to make my avatar and image of Cthulhu, hes not supposed to wake up till tomorrow and i dont want to be the guy to kick that off early)
So you dont want to anger Cthulhu who will wipe your people out in an instant, yet you DO want to be fan of The Messenger of The Outer Gods. Who, as we all know, is a sadistic ************ and will stab you in the brain jar for ALL eternity, and make everyone suffer by shapeshifting into the next movie director who will direct the new movie of the author of Twilight........ because he can do that for the lulz.

You chose one that is worse than the other.

Humans confuse me.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
MikeWehner said:
Like the standard cannon fodder enemies, the boss characters are fond of repetition as well. You'll fight each boss, and then you'll fight each boss again before embarking on the final level. This might be OK, and it even reminded me a bit of the early Mega Man titles, but when the entire game consists of a handful of relatively brief outings, it's easy to be frustrated by having to take out the boss you just got done fighting.
Does this mean the bosses show up in multiple levels as a way of padding gameplay, or as in a boss rush in the second-to-last level?

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
crimson sickle2 said:
MikeWehner said:
Like the standard cannon fodder enemies, the boss characters are fond of repetition as well. You'll fight each boss, and then you'll fight each boss again before embarking on the final level. This might be OK, and it even reminded me a bit of the early Mega Man titles, but when the entire game consists of a handful of relatively brief outings, it's easy to be frustrated by having to take out the boss you just got done fighting.
Does this mean the bosses show up in multiple levels as a way of padding gameplay, or as in a boss rush in the second-to-last level?
Both.

You'll see the level 1 boss in every level as a "sub boss" type of thing, then you'll fight ALL the boss characters again in a boss rush before the end boss.

Bosses. Bosses everywhere.

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
DioWallachia said:
Devin Barker said:
DioWallachia said:
Devin Barker said:
So you dont want to anger Cthulhu who will wipe your people out in an instant, yet you DO want to be fan of The Messenger of The Outer Gods. Who, as we all know, is a sadistic ************ and will stab you in the brain jar for ALL eternity, and make everyone suffer by shapeshifting into the next movie director who will direct the new movie of the author of Twilight........ because he can do that for the lulz.

Humans confuse me.
actually as long as you bear the seal of Cthulhu burnt into your flesh, he will make you a servant... so i could be into that, as for bran jar stabbing, i said i was a fan, and i do my best to attract little attention. not to mention the glorious goddis Eris has always been my prefered deity and im sure she will do as much or as little as possible to keep me protected (i should grab a hotdog to be safe)

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Sounds like a really old-school platformer then, I should've expected Suda would eventually make one.
DioWallachia said:
Devin Barker said:
DioWallachia said:
Devin Barker said:

Humans confuse me.
I doubt Cthulhu would wipe out all of humanity instantly, the elder god chasing one guy was thwarted by a boat.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
crimson sickle2 said:
I doubt Cthulhu would wipe out all of humanity instantly, the elder god chasing one guy was thwarted by a boat.
Just sent my arch nemesis, Nodens The Lord Of the Great Abysm, to deal with squidzilla. It will be a fun spectacle as long the old man doesnt fuck it up by killing it too quickly.

That would be anti-climatic........and unwise.

Your Gaffer

Oct 10, 2012
I 100% do mind a boss rush at the end of a game, in fact I like them usually. The repetitive enemies on the other hand...