Black Ops broken spawn?

chrono16

BOOM! Headshot.
May 9, 2010
Ok, is it just me or does anyone else have problems with the spawn points in Black Ops in multiplayer? It always loves to spawn me on top of an enemy or spawns the guy I just killed directly behind me. Is anyone else having a problem with this?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
No its not just you, the game is great but the spawn system needs a serious patch. It seems to have stopped camping which is good, but its annoying as hell now...

Teh_Dave

Sep 21, 2010
I hate claymoring myself into a nice spot and having someone spawn behind me, oh and spawning into a napalm fire, thats just great.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
GuideBot said:
Total agreement from here. Nuketown is simply obscene for this.
Indeed. During a particular game of, um, Gun Game in Nuketown I must have spawned in the same spot in full view of the same person about 6 times. Being killed 6 times in a row by the same person is bad enough, having them do with increasingly powerful weapons everytime is another matter entirely.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Its not AS bad as MW2s, but it definitely isn't that great. Especially nuketown and havana

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Pah, I always had this with spawns in Call of Duty games that came after Call of Duty 3.
Mostly because people are assholes, and will camp in your spawn point with the express intention of sending you screaming back to the grave.
Anyway, yes, I've had the odd problem with spawning on that game, most notably Nuketown due to chopper gunners.

Curbsidewhiskey

May 12, 2008
My friend, Jake and I, have been having that problem a lot. Right when I die I spawn right in front of an enemy and get an ass full of lead. By the way...what the fuck is up with it being a whole clip just to kill an enemy. Thats some bullshit.

YesConsiderably

Jul 9, 2010
The only map that i've ever had any trouble with in regards to spawn locations is Nuketown. I think the developers did it on purpose. I just find it kind of funny.

GuideBot

Feb 25, 2010
MarsProbe said:
GuideBot said:
Total agreement from here. Nuketown is simply obscene for this.
Indeed. During a particular game of, um, Gun Game in Nuketown I must have spawned in the same spot in full view of the same person about 6 times. Being killed 6 times in a row by the same person is bad enough, having them do with increasingly powerful weapons everytime is another matter entirely.
Nearly the exact same happened to me on team deathmatch, I counted eight times! This is why I say nuketown is broken for spawns. Madness.

In all fairness, we were doing the exact same thing to them some of the time. I mean, you don't have a choice, you can't really just say "Hey that spawn was really unfair chap, off ya go" because it's him or you, isn't it.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Spawning into the path of an incoming RC Car has got to be one of the most frustrating things in gaming history.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
It's no worse than in MW2. I actually find it rather ironic that the brains behind Infinity Ward have now formed Respawn Entertainment.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
To avoid spawn camping, new games have these idiotic spawn systems. Just have one team spawn on one side of the map and the other team spawn on the opposite. If your team gets spawn camped, it's your team's fault; don't let them in your spawn. Also, I don't know why you spawn without any invulnerability; you should be invulnerable for a few seconds after spawning (so you can't get killed the instant you spawn) but once you shoot, you lose the invulnerability.