Black Ops II Day 1 Preorders Already Beating MW3's

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I really was expecting CoD to start dying down, but I guess not. It makes me wonder just how long this series will go on for...

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
wooty said:
A few tweeks could actually get me back into Cod.

1- Take the K/D stats out of the game completely, no one cares and it means fuck all in real life. Grow up!
2- Take the killstreaks out of the game, they promote smugness and camping.
3- if you are going to have ks, go back to the old 3/5/7 system
4- Dedicated servers, honestly, people are throwing enough money at this shit, provide them with some quality for once.
5- Take corners out of the game, I've played enough of MW2 and MW3 to realize that the game is infested with campers and corner dwellers.
2-3 are basically Trayarch/IW going backwards, not making progress.to make progress, they need to balance them to make them fair . 5 is just you being a smart-aleck, right?

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
TaintedSaint said:
Because Not even COD fans really like MW3 maps they are just a jumbled mess black ops maps are alot better
this, basically. although, i must admit, the COD community is a bunch of people complaining about the guns,maps,KS's [killstreaks],the characters, the graphics, etc. then, they proceed to play the game for 5 days straight.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
bullet_sandw1ch said:
wooty said:

1- Take the K/D stats out of the game completely, no one cares and it means fuck all in real life. Grow up!
4- Dedicated servers, honestly, people are throwing enough money at this shit, provide them with some quality for once.
5- Take corners out of the game, I've played enough of MW2 and MW3 to realize that the game is infested with campers and corner dwellers.
2-3 are basically Trayarch/IW going backwards, not making progress.to make progress, they need to balance them to make them fair . 5 is just you being a smart-aleck, right?
Number 5 is a dream, a dream I've had for quite some time. I'm even starting to believe that IW want to encourage non-movement in CoD seeing as they brought back the heartbeat sensor, added the assassin perk and made most corners in the game dark. Encourages camping for kill streaks and litters youtube with smug MOAB videos.

Don't know if you can tell but I really despise camping, unless your defending something.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
camping was nowhere nears as bad in Black Ops as it is in MW3 there is just so much crap on all the maps. It must be irresistible to campers. Oh the maps in black ops were bigger in general with the exception of the crappiest map ever in Cod nuketown.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
blackdwarf said:
i just can't understand it. how is it possible for a series to be this successful year after year when the game is in a gameplay viewpoint exactly the same. i will say that the trailer was interesting and that the SP looks promising (for a cod game), but we all know that most of those players are pre-ordering the game for the Multiplayer. they don't even have to now if it will be any good of new, if the name is call of duty, they buy it. they are not even demanding/asking for new changes... i just don't get it.
I'm more confused on how it's popularity keeps growing. I mean, I can understand why people keep buying it, but each iteration hugely increases in number of sales. It's getting to the point where each gamer must be ordering multiple copies.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Da Orky Man said:
blackdwarf said:
i just can't understand it. how is it possible for a series to be this successful year after year when the game is in a gameplay viewpoint exactly the same. i will say that the trailer was interesting and that the SP looks promising (for a cod game), but we all know that most of those players are pre-ordering the game for the Multiplayer. they don't even have to now if it will be any good of new, if the name is call of duty, they buy it. they are not even demanding/asking for new changes... i just don't get it.
I'm more confused on how it's popularity keeps growing. I mean, I can understand why people keep buying it, but each iteration hugely increases in number of sales. It's getting to the point where each gamer must be ordering multiple copies.
Each year there are more and more people who are of age to buy it, and more and more people with the monetary stability to buy it.

wooty said:
bullet_sandw1ch said:
wooty said:

Number 5 is a dream, a dream I've had for quite some time. I'm even starting to believe that IW want to encourage non-movement in CoD seeing as they brought back the heartbeat sensor, added the assassin perk and made most corners in the game dark. Encourages camping for kill streaks and litters youtube with smug MOAB videos.

Don't know if you can tell but I really despise camping, unless your defending something.
Once you know where they are, campers are easy to deal with. Snipers are slightly more difficult.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Da Orky Man said:
blackdwarf said:
Each year there are more and more people who are of age to buy it, and more and more people with the monetary stability to buy it.
that may be true, but then again it is hard to believe that the growth of players coming of age is bigger then players who are tired of it. are we are now talking about a increase of 30%. you know how huge that is? we must be talking about at least 100.000 if not more. what i really want to know is the demographic (correct word?) of the people buying it, or in this case, pre-ordering it. because apparently i hear a really vocal minority of people who "hate" it and i guess that those people are around 18-24 years old. and i guess that that i the group with the "right"and the money to buy it. so who is the group that buys this game and make i such huge success.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
blackdwarf said:
artanis_neravar said:
Da Orky Man said:
blackdwarf said:
that may be true, but then again it is hard to believe that the growth of players coming of age is bigger then players who are tired of it. are we are now talking about a increase of 30%. you know how huge that is? we must be talking about at least 100.000 if not more. what i really want to know is the demographic (correct word?) of the people buying it, or in this case, pre-ordering it. because apparently i hear a really vocal minority of people who "hate" it and i guess that those people are around 18-24 years old. and i guess that that i the group with the "right"and the money to buy it. so who is the group that buys this game and make i such huge success.
It is a very small minority probably of varying ages, I'm 24 and I have bought and played every COD since MW4 (and I played the others but I wasn't old enough to buy them or didn't have the money). Don't forget that a lot of the people who claim they hate it will still usually end up buying it, whether it's because they secretly like it, or they want to see what the fuss is, or even if their friends convince them to get it. Also this COD has promised some pretty exciting improvements for the single player, which despite what people seem to think is still a very large portion of why people buy and play these games. It may not be the only reason, but it is very much a part of it.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I can see the advantage of pre-order. There are less 12 year olds in team deathmatch before christmas. At this point all of the terrible parents have realised that the 360 is a good way to avoid interacting with their spawn

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Devoneaux said:
I don't get what the problem is? For years I spent fifteen bucks a month on Wow as did many of you i'm sure. Yet somehow that's not considered obscene? 180 usd for a year's worth of Wow. those same people buying CoD games will play it for roughly the same amount of time, for a third of the cost.

So, who's really the dipshit here?
As someone who doesn't like either of these franchises (I liked MW2 but it's gone down from there for me) I will say that I completely agree with you. It's really no different than buying an MMO and then paying for a yearly expansion but at a third of the price.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Devoneaux said:
Abedeus said:
Devoneaux said:
Abedeus said:
This is so sad.
Devoneaux said:
Syzygy23 said:
What the frickin' HELL, how can people still be BUYING the SAME DAMN garbage? Seriously, the ONLY way this is possible is if EA has some sort of stupidity radiating device they turn on whenever they need to release another Call of Duty game, or there are more Dude-Bros out there than we previously imagined, and they are singlehandedly keeping this franchise afloat with their Dudical Bro-ness.
I like how MMO players have been doing this for years for about three times the cost, but now that it's CoD all of a sudden, the community here is OUTRAGED!

You know, if I didn't know any better, i'd say you're all haters.
Thanks for letting us know EVERYONE LOVES MMOs. And everyone plays them.
*Cough* Condescending prick *Cough*

It's a well established fact that Wow is priced at 15 dollars a month. All it takes is a little basic math to come to the conclusion that MMO players have been getting gouged at the wallet all this time for years, playing the same exact game, for years. It doesn't matter if you play or not, it doesn't stop my point from getting across derp.
Because EVERYONE WHO PLAYS MMOS PLAYS WOW. Or P2P games.

Grow up.
Which has nothing to do with my point, how about you lay off the caps lock there buddy.
Was making it easier for you to understand where sarcasm lays. Sorry, it must've confused you.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
thought i play black ops again and actually, it is better then MW3. i think the graphics look better and the maps are bigger as well. plus, you have dedicated servers were there are some rules which can make the servers a bit more fun. and no one uses the damn fagkimos.
but sure came across a cheater. he aimed his sniper rifle 2m to my left and still hit me.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I guess they nailed it into hype-zone with just the first trailer. Most people must be interested in the single-player campaign rather than the MP, knowing how Treyarch likes to mix things up and experiment with the formula (or rather, more than Infinity Ward does).

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
I don't see why people are talking about "Different playstyles" and "Choice between gameplay"

It's a goddamn shooter.

You have a gun.

You shoot other blokes in the face with said gun.

Sometimes you throw knives at them.

It's still using a hitscan weapon.

You might do it from far away, you might do it up close, you might do it with sneakiness...

But at the end of the day, you are moving your cursor over a target, and clicking a button to watch pretty effects kill your foe.

Not saying that it's not fun, because it can be, but for fuck's sake people this isn't a RPG. This isn't Chess. You shoot people, you do some more shooting, you might chuck a few knives, but for the most part you're still shooting.