Black-ops multiplayer

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Julianking93 said:
[
Nice! What is your best Deathmatch ratio?
TDM: 24-1 on Firing Range.

Best free for all wins were 28-9 and 30-12. That was a good night.

Of course, last night I jumped on and couldn't even go positive :D

chopperman

Jan 17, 2010
ItsAChiaotzu said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Where do I begin?

Lag That's your connection,not the game. somehow my connection on MW2 is perfect yet on black ops its nonexistent

The worst spawn system I've ever seen Patched, twice. No where near as bad as MW2 BS

The knife Patched also BS

RC Car at 2 kills Use Flak Jacket and the RC will never kill you yes then you can get your ass handed to you by the chopper gunners

Ghost + Silenced weapon + Claymore + dark corner + Second Chance Uhh ... uh... campers ... smell? Ok, so I'm not sure how to counter this one, but Second Chance needs taking outUse Rc cars

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
IBlackKiteI said:
[
Aside from this my other gripes are the FAMAS and 74U doing way too much damage, the Galil being too easy to use in absolutely any situation, sniper rifles usually suck now and the 'Pro' version of perks and their means of acquiring them are often insane.
I honestly don't find the Galil effective at all. The recoil on it is all weird, I love the AK47 as it barely has any side to side recoil.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
TDM: 24-1 on Firing Range.

Best free for all wins were 28-9 and 30-12. That was a good night.

Of course, last night I jumped on and couldn't even go positive :D
O.O
Goddamn, man, good on you XD

Best for me was actually last night on TDM in the Jungle map where I got a 36-5.

My ratio's actually gone up by a lot since I added the suppressor :3
At least my kill count outweighs the death total >>

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
mercurymouse said:
Ever been knifed after shooting someone in the face?
Ever heard the saying?

Dont bring a gun to a knife fight!
only aplys for CoD though.

Quick scoping is the worst problem in any CoD online.
Glad its not in BOs. (or at least less efficient after the patch)

Twuk

Dec 18, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Meh, I left that piece of shit and am in the process of going back to PSU and Killzone 2. Much better games. :D
I completely agree. It's not that I dislike COD because of fanboyism, it's just the simple fact that Killzone 2 is MUCH more realistic when it comes to ballistics.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Goddamn, man, good on you XD

Best for me was actually last night on TDM in the Jungle map where I got a 36-5.

My ratio's actually gone up by a lot since I added the suppressor :3
At least my kill count outweighs the death total >>
36-5 in TDm is actually a really good score... it means you got almost half your team's kills. Good for you.

Yeah that 24-1 TDM I had, the only death I had was when my own claymore blew up in my face as a guy tripped it :D

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
IBlackKiteI said:
[
Aside from this my other gripes are the FAMAS and 74U doing way too much damage, the Galil being too easy to use in absolutely any situation, sniper rifles usually suck now and the 'Pro' version of perks and their means of acquiring them are often insane.
I honestly don't find the Galil effective at all. The recoil on it is all weird, I love the AK47 as it barely has any side to side recoil.
What I mean is the Galil is just so damn versatile that many players won't even use another weapon or even other classes.
Most guns have at least some major drawback, like the FAMAS is ridiculously good up close but its epic recoil and sucky damage at a distance make it tricky to use in that way.
Its a jack of all trades as well as a master of all...if that makes sense.

Need to kill a guy real quick at a mid distance? Galil.

Need to kill a guy real quick at a long distance? Galil.

Need to rush a guy? Galil.

Need a good gun for camping? Galil.

Need to tear the absolute shit out of a building? Galil.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
36-5 in TDm is actually a really good score... it means you got almost half your team's kills. Good for you.

Yeah that 24-1 TDM I had, the only death I had was when my own claymore blew up in my face as a guy tripped it :D
Hehe. Well, thank you ^-^
Oddly enough though, I was only second in that match. Someone else got 16 kills... but a higher score than me >>

Grrrr. I hate it when that happens! Someone did that the other day and for some reason, it didn't kill him. Just me ;~;

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I've seen kill cams where the person shot well to the left of someone, and it registered as a hit and killed them.

flamin whale

Dec 20, 2010
yea, theres a lot of bullshit to deal with, but in the end, i think they did a good job of at least making the game entertaining and not total crap. lag? yea, but there dealing with a butload of connections, so they can't be blamed. overpowered guns? you can blame the game, but in the end it comes down to the player. i use the galil and i've gone 21-12, but i've also gone 10-36. sniping sucks? it just takes more presicion. i like it better now because not everyone snipes so your not being shot out of fucking nowhere all the time and you can kill the sniper just like everyone else.

you can ***** all you want, but in the end its a game. might as well enjoy yourself

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
mercurymouse said:
ever been knifed after shooting someone in the face...how is possible? don't get me wrong i enjoy this game very much.. i just dont believe this aspect of game dynamics very much..it takes me out of the game when this happens..so i pose this question " are there other frustrating things that should/could have been different?
I have to go with what others are saying and say lag. I swear there have been times that I've shot somebody and yet I die, even when my ping claims to be just fine. The spawn system is also terrible. They improved that in an update, but I haven't really played enough to see how much better it is.

Oh and I quoted you to say that if the knife annoys you like that (and yes it can be annoying, I know), I recommend hardcore mode. It shouldn't happen then.

I also don't get why everyone complains about second chance or the RC car. Second chance users can now be killed before they can even pull out their pistol and shoot, unlike last stand where they could kill three people by the time their super invulnerability wears off (I know because I've done it) and you can always just shoot the rc car, which I've gotten good at. It still gets me sometimes, but I don't complain when a B52 does and that's a lot harder to avoid. If it bothers you that much then, just use flak jacket; it's not purely for stopping rc cars, many other killstreaks use explosives and its hilarious stabbing people in the back who thought their claymore would protect them.

daulphinossmaf

Apr 6, 2010
How about rifle grenades don't do damage at close range to the person who fired them? Someone stood right next to me as they fired one, and I died, but they did not.
To be honest, the knife needs to be slowed down, I think.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
IBlackKiteI said:

Yeah I get ya. I certainly see more Galil, Famas and 74u killcams than anything else (except the knife of course) I dunno why but I always just do better with the Ak47 in any COD game... it just makes me feel badass and gives me a little confidence boost :)

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
paragon1 said:
I've seen kill cams where the person shot well to the left of someone, and it registered as a hit and killed them.
Killcams are notorious for not being accurate to what originally happened.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Julianking93 said:
[

Grrrr. I hate it when that happens! Someone did that the other day and for some reason, it didn't kill him. Just me ;~;
Sometimes the Claymore has a delayed reaction, not sure why. I think it's a bug. It happened in MW2 2 as well, like a whole second or two after they run past it BOOM. Stopped me getting a nuke once, that didn't go down well.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
IBlackKiteI said:

Yeah I get ya. I certainly see more Galil, Famas and 74u killcams than anything else (except the knife of course) I dunno why but I always just do better with the Ak47 in any COD game... it just makes me feel badass and gives me a little confidence boost :)
AK47 with double tap on CoD 4 for is my favourite gun.

Like...ever.

...aww man I need to get back into that game, just hope people still play it.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
TerranReaper said:
paragon1 said:
Killcams are notorious for not being accurate to what originally happened.
Ah, well that would explain things. Is it because of lag mucking things up, or what?

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Julianking93 said:
[

Sometimes the Claymore has a delayed reaction, not sure why. I think it's a bug. It happened in MW2 2 as well, like a whole second or two after they run past it BOOM. Stopped me getting a nuke once, that didn't go down well.
Some perks and equipment can delay or disable the claymore. I believe the jammer in black ops does and scrambler pro in MW2 increases the detenation delay to three seconds. Concussion grenades will also disable them briefly.