Black Ops Team Invades GOG Headquarters

shadowform

Jan 5, 2009
Thief: Dark Project maybe?

On the other hand it really did sound like they used a sound clip from something there - the "Are we happy?" - and I don't recognize it. Maybe Deus Ex.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The whole briefcase thing and "are we happy" is a direct lift from Pulp Fiction. I'm not aware of any game connection there.

I haven't had any trouble getting either Thief or SS2 to run on WinXP, and I've played them both within the last year or so. Not sure about Vista or 7, though. And I'd buy them anyway, just because it'd be too damn awesome not to.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Canid117 said:
Was this the same group that charged people their souls for a copy of a game a year or two ago?
Ha, I'd forgotten about that. But no, that was GameStation.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100015-7500-Gamers-Sell-Their-Souls-to-GameStation [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100015-7500-Gamers-Sell-Their-Souls-to-GameStation]

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
I would have believed that Black ops team would have better flashlights. But me'h. Maybe they are just as cheap as I am.

level250geek

Jan 8, 2009
jeremypeel said:
Is the original Rainbox Six up on GOG yet? I'd be all over that like blockily-modelled SWAT teams over some half-arsed terrorism plot contrivance.
Yes it is. It's the first (and so far, only) game I've bought from GOG. It's even better than I remember, even.

I too am hoping for System Shock 2. I missed it back in the day, largely because I didn't have a PC until I was in middle school, and it was high school before I had one that could run games at even minimum settings. Now, however, I have a really good (not awesome, but really good--I need to upgrade the GPU) gaming PC.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
If it was me, I'd end the video with someone barging in in front of them and just waltzing out the front doors with the plans, saying 'Who needs Black Ops anyway?'

GoG should put a trollface in every video.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I hope it's both Theifs and both System Shocks, I want to play them, but it's near impossible now to make them both run propperly on Win7.

I loved that troll face :p

ratix2

Feb 6, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
System Shock 2?

I've heard good things, and I'm not going to run through hoops just to run it, so GOG would be great.
its not likely as the rights to the system shock games are so convoluted it would be next to impossible to get all the parties signed on, to to mention how they would split the money. ea owns the ip but the characters, story and much else are owned by others.

In any case, I'd guess thief.