Blasphemy! Covers that you like more than the original.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Forgot to add this to my remix list:

And this:

And this might be necessary to add as well:

Just good ol' "movin' the spirit" music for me.

EDIT: Must...add...one...more...

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011

The original is good, but this one... I dunno, I like it more.

Actually, I like this one AND the original about the same. Both are amazingly well done.

*sigh* Fine, I also love it because I am a huge fan of Psych and this is the song they played when Shawn and Juliet first kissed. I'm a sucker for a good romance subplot, sue me.

LOVE this one, not too fond of the original. The acoustics and harmonizing just make this cover so much more emotional. Also, it's sung by a bear with Elvis Costello's voice, presumably because the bear just ate Elvis Costello.

I definitely like this one more than the original. It just seems better structured, yet it doesn't change what I like about the original.

There's a few that others have already mentioned as well.

Mird

Nov 19, 2009
Andy Shandy said:

My friend believes I'm an idiot for liking this more than the NIN original (he's a huge NIN fan). I mean the original is good, but Johnny Cash just makes this his own.
This. So much. The original doesn't stir me like Cash's version does (And I'm at least as big a NIN fan as your friend).

Noala

Jun 3, 2010
I generally don't like covers over the original, however this is the exception to that rule.
Forgotten Tomb-I Wanna Be Your Dog

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Of course the vocalist is a little more versatile and skilled in Maiden, but the music is much more dramatic in AE's version. I like dramatic music.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I always liked the Guns n' Roses cover of Sympathy To The Devil more than the Rolling Stoners.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
I like Soundgarden's version of "Rusty Cage" better than Johnny Cash's, although the comparison between the two is damn close.

I suppose a part of my preference is that I first heard the former version while blasting down a highway dodging cop cars in GTA:SA.

For your comparison pleasure:

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009
The Megas' cover of Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jT-Bb-Nkv0

I like the original, but... I dunno, I just don't really have any reason for preferring the cover other than the fact that I simply find it to be more appealing to my tastes.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
This may have been posted already, but this is a great cover of Skynyrd's "Simple Man"

Odd, because normally I'm a total classic rock snob, but I prefer this version of it.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Uh.. Can't think of many.. I like a couple of Metallica's covers,specially the ones from Diamond Head. Adds a rough edge, my kinda taste. Although for most of those covers, I like the original better, but there are a few that stand out.
Swny Nerdgasm said:
Every cover that Metallica has done is leagues ahead of the originals
I disagree, but we all have opinions I guess. Music isn't a competition,so meh. Oh and just to mention, I'm an absolutely huge Metallica fan, as you can tell by my Avatar :p

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Brutal Peanut said:
Well to be honest ,...

I enjoy this version more than the song it was 'parodied' from.
That is quite awesome. Funny how Minecraft seems to bring out so much creativity in people, and not just of the kind you'd expect.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Andy Shandy said:

My friend believes I'm an idiot for liking this more than the NIN original (he's a huge NIN fan). I mean the original is good, but Johnny Cash just makes this his own.
Heh, even Reznor admitted it wasnt his song anymore.

Anyway.

White Stripes make everything better.
Meh, I liked the T&S better.

Anyway, they've probably been mentioned, but I'm not looking through this monolith of a thread:

^No, that is not the original, the original was by Slade.

This one is not STRICTLY better, but I like it more than the original, though the original does some things better.

Mentioned but not linked on page 1. It's just a strict upgrade, dear God it's awesome.

Again, it's a sidegrade, not strictly better, but I like it more.

What the internet was waiting for when they heard about "Pirate metal".

Oh, and I forgot, one of those "THAT WASN'T THE ORIGINAL????" ones:

It's an Otis Redding cover.

And one more thing for the record: I, too, thought the Van Halen cover of the Kinks "You Really Got Me" was better, until I played Battlefield Vietnam and heard them play it live:

Glover09

Jun 19, 2009
Time for a quick resurrection.

Rocky Mountain Way- Godsmack

As I have said before,the Eagles, solo stuff included, are fair game in my book.