*Blink* Why is there a mountain back there?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Probably because I don't pay enough attention around here, but why is there a mountain range behind the forums?

I was unaware that we harbored secret ninja mountains.

EXTRA DISCUSSION VALUE: Tell me what KIND of secret ninja mountains they are.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
Well, they're green secret ninja mountains, so they're not that high and in a well watered area. It's the Tropical Secret Ninjas! They defend rain forests.

But, in all seriousness, it's an ad for the IGDA Summit.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
It's cut off so I'll I can tell is:

IGDA Join yo
mmit Peers
011 Learn
Conne
gister Share
now!
Jul
18th &
Seattle, WA

Apparently it's something in Seattle on the 18th for something...

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
TheDarkEricDraven said:
FalloutJack said:
Dranae said:
It's probably just an ad.
Lashus said:
Something about IGDA SUMMIT 2011, Register Now! whatever that is
You see my screen in the spoiler. There is no ad there.
Ya gotta click on it Jack. I have no idea what tit is.
It's only there for a split second. If this is an advertising campaign, then it isn't a very good one. Like...

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Lashus said:
Something about IGDA SUMMIT 2011, Register Now! whatever that is
So the mountains are a visual metaphor for this conference?

I see what you did there, Escapist.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Chatato said:
Oh God... you use Internet explorer?

Anyway, being truthful, no idea.
I didn't know it was possible to be internet browser racist.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Chatato said:

This was my exact thoughts, oh dear god, why would you use that.

Anyway, i've not noticed them

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
dogstile said:
Chatato said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........'cause I don't like Firefox or Chrome? Shall I now explain why or are you done making irritating quips?

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
it's simple, the mountain is always there it just is fitted with this generator that uses the power of people who don't want to see it to render the mountain invisible. only recently people don't seem to mind that mountain so much so it sometimes flickers into existence.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
FalloutJack said:
dogstile said:
Chatato said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........'cause I don't like Firefox or Chrome? Shall I now explain why or are you done making irritating quips?
Someones irritable tonight. I was having a little fun, if you're offended, feel free to grow thicker skin. This is the internet, I didn't directly insult you. If you respond like that to every post you get, you'll end up having the mods come down on you.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
dogstile said:
FalloutJack said:
dogstile said:
Chatato said:

Someones irritable tonight. I was having a little fun, if you're offended, feel free to grow thicker skin. This is the internet, I didn't directly insult you. If you respond like that to every post you get, you'll end up having the mods come down on you.
Heh, the mods aren't gonna raise hell because I basically said that wasn't funny. I suggest you walk away now.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
FalloutJack said:
dogstile said:
FalloutJack said:
dogstile said:
Chatato said:

Heh, the mods aren't gonna raise hell because I basically said that wasn't funny. I suggest you walk away now.
I said every post, I noticed you were equally hostile to the other dude. I'm not talking about this series of posts in particular. But yeah, i'll "walk" away, as it were. I'm not really in the mood to argue over nothing.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
FalloutJack said:
I'm just going to step in and point out that IE is... overall harmful to you computer's security. There was, for example, a relatively simple & short script that would crash IE outright. This exploit was unpatched for several years. Don't use IE as a browser, at least until Microsoft pulls their act togeter and makes it worth using.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Chibz said:
FalloutJack said:
I'm just going to step in and point out that IE is... overall harmful to you computer's security. There was, for example, a relatively simple & short script that would crash IE outright. This exploit was unpatched for several years. Don't use IE as a browser, at least until Microsoft pulls their act togeter and makes it worth using.
Hey, no offense? But I haven't had any real complaints about it. Maybe you have had a problem, but I don't like the way Firefox runs. Firefox doesn't run my flash right. Firefox is slower. (And that isn't a baseless point, by the way. My computer runs both and I tested the two of 'em) You really can't fault me over a preference here. Those guys did and they were being abusive. I don't appreciate that kind of talk when it's basically wrong.