Blip kills Xbox app

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
So ive ben notiing trouble with blip not updating correctly (up to two-week delays in new episode appearances) or updating as "blip.tv only content"

i finally sent blip a message asking about it, and i got a reply saying they've ended all support for the xbox version of blip and will not release any content for it.

this is a problem for me sonce i'm without computer access currently and have to use my xbox for watching the various series i follow or even to make this post.

Has anyone heard about this? i can't find any kind of official announcement, xbox support still has instructions on how to install it, and i've even seen "blip for xbox live" ads.

the hell's going on?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Sucks if that's true. I'll have to rely on the multiple people uploading stuff on youtube (something which probably wouldn't get much support if blip's video player didn't frequently just refuse to work for unknown reasons) which of course, doesn't support the original artists, with the exception of the couple who actually already upload stuff there, like angry joe and bennett the sage (albeit on a massive delay).

Wouldn't surprise me though. Blip have always struck me as either massive arseholes, incompetent, or both.

EDIT: Googled it, there doesn't appear to be any public signs of anything near that. There's even still FAQs about it up.

EDIT EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/user/LeagueOfSuperCritics/featured Turns out there is an official channel (as far as I can tell) of sorts, a "best of" including stuff like nostalgia critic, cinema snob and todd in the shadows, rather obviously delayed, but most of it's there. Hope it helps!

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
I need achievement hunter videos to keep me occupied when I'm sick of trying to be productive.

The really weird thing is, Channel Awesome content is still coming out, but sometimes its slow updates. Of all the shows I've been watching on the app (shows like diamanda aren't popular enough to have ever been on it) ONLY roosterteeth/AH content is updating as "blip.com only"

The only solution I was offered by the email exchange was an invitation to watch the shows on the website on my phone. Unfortunately, while thats definitely an option for THIS site, smartphones are not really capable of playing 20-120 minute videos without killing the battery.

Well, hopefully my situation changes and I can go back to watching a bunch of 30 yr olds play videogames

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
8-Bit_Jack said:
I need achievement hunter videos to keep me occupied when I'm sick of trying to be productive.

The really weird thing is, Channel Awesome content is still coming out, but sometimes its slow updates. Of all the shows I've been watching on the app (shows like diamanda aren't popular enough to have ever been on it) ONLY roosterteeth/AH content is updating as "blip.com only"

The only solution I was offered by the email exchange was an invitation to watch the shows on the website on my phone. Unfortunately, while thats definitely an option for THIS site, smartphones are not really capable of playing 20-120 minute videos without killing the battery.

Well, hopefully my situation changes and I can go back to watching a bunch of 30 yr olds play videogames
Maybe they mean they've killed the support for roosterteeth videos on blip? I've seen the "blip.com" only thing on a few videos, so I assumed it was up to the content creator whether they wanted to allow access on xbox or not.

Also, it's a fucking crime that Diamanda isn't more popular. I think it might be that brain fuck of an intro that puts people off.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Blip has definitely killed the app, most of the other things i have seen are now .com only as well
my best guess is each show has certain number of episodes still sloted for release under the xbox system and when they run out, the app is dead forever.

an announcement of some kind would have been nice, but then Blip has always been kind of an asshole, neh?