Blizzard Announces Blizzard Outcasts Fighting Game For April Fools

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
"Swipe credit card to add health"...you know...I'm not sure if its funny or not. I smiled a little, but it hits a little too close to home these days :|

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
blackdwarf said:
good joke, always like the effort going into these, but it is a shame that Blizzard won't actually make this, or atleast a fighting game with more and proper characters. Would be awesome if you ask me.
Hmmm, well honestly I'm not sure if I'd want to see a Blizzard based "Smash Brothers" clone given how badly most attempts by pretenders to do that have turned out. What's more if you think in terms of them using their RPG/RTS characters for a fighting game, that probably wouldn't turn out well. After all look at what happened when they did the whole "Ravenloft: Iron And Blood" game, that was just barely passable, and receives (or received) a lot of mockery.

If they were to do something like this they would hopefully do it as an easter egg/extra feature in another game, which probably wouldn't be possible given how much it would cost. If a game like this showed up as an Arcade Cabinet (like Lost Viking) in say a "StarCraft" game it could be a fun time waster. What's more it might be cool as a hidden feature in "Project Titan" if they ever finish it. I remember when Everquest semi-hid a Bejeweled clone in their code so if you typed /Gems you could play the game "Gems" in Everquest. It might be amusing if you say typed /Outcasts in say Project Titan and then got a Blizzard fighting game..... :)

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
Therumancer said:
blackdwarf said:
good joke, always like the effort going into these, but it is a shame that Blizzard won't actually make this, or atleast a fighting game with more and proper characters. Would be awesome if you ask me.
Hmmm, well honestly I'm not sure if I'd want to see a Blizzard based "Smash Brothers" clone given how badly most attempts by pretenders to do that have turned out. What's more if you think in terms of them using their RPG/RTS characters for a fighting game, that probably wouldn't turn out well. After all look at what happened when they did the whole "Ravenloft: Iron And Blood" game, that was just barely passable, and receives (or received) a lot of mockery.
I don't want a smash-like game. Although I like those, I would love to have a more 'serious' fighting game, like Tekken, Streetfighter and Injustice. The Characters are there I think they would shine in a fighting game with Weight in the gameplay, not floaty like Smash Brothers.

I would love to play a Blizzard Fighting game with the Combo's of injustice but the weight and maybe movement like tekken. If I can reck you with Thrall while you are playing Tyreal, Then you can consider me a happy man.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Spelling error in the first paragraph, it's Mankrik , not Mankirk. Mankrik is an orc, not a Starfleet captain.
OT: This just makes me wish they'd put out a new Rock 'n Roll Racing already. Mario Kart by way of Brutal Legend is a thing which my wallet would gravitate to instantly. The only problem I can see is that they might feel obligated to use modern bands. I've heard the headliners from some recent concerts and festivals, and none of the names mean anything to me. That might be less of an issue if they cut out the vocals though. Part of the reason the tracks on the original didn't get old was because, without the lyrics, the loop felt natural.