Blizzard Cancels Blizzcon 2012

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
TheDooD said:
More like Blizzard doesn't want to be at Blizzcon this year when they say Diablo 3 is delayed AGAIN.
Probably this >_>

Though my inner child hopes it's so they can launch D3 ON TIME!

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
It baffles me that WoW is still alive and pumping with enough strength to warrant an expansion in freaking 2012.

I'm not saying I can't comprehend it (WoW is raking in tons of cash, I know). But it's interesting, I don't really -get- it (I've played it before). The formula is a bit antiquated imo. But then, maybe i'm just missing something here, iono

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Hammeroj said:
Let's run it through the good old bullshit translator.

"There won't be a Blizzcon this year because we don't have anything to announce."
Blizzcon 2010? (Only announcement was the last class for Diablo 3)
Organizing the whole thing takes a lot of time and work, and with 3 games releasing this year, it's no wonder they got no time for it.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Considering that they let a homophobic, raging cretin spew bile from his mouth and all the other events of last years Blizzcon, I certainly won't miss 2012 Blizzcon.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
*shrugs* They probably don't have anything new to announce anyway, so I don't see this as a big deal. :eek:

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Hammeroj said:
Blatherscythe said:
Considering that they let a homophobic, raging cretin spew bile from his mouth and all the other events of last years Blizzcon, I certainly won't miss 2012 Blizzcon.
Oh? You just intrigued me. Any videos of that amazing person?
It's Corpsegrinder [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fisher_%28musician%29#2011_Blizzcon_Controversy]. Why anybody at Activision thought he should be invited to a social event where he is supposed to open his mouth for a purpose other then to show how bad Cannibal Corpse became since Chris Barnes left is beyond me.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

But... But... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
I thought Blizzard would be business as usual after TOR hit, honestly. I guess they're really feeling the heat, with actual competition.

ShaneGunWolf

Jul 6, 2011
Diablo 3, StarCraft II, and Mists of Pandaria are all well and good, but I REALLY want to see new details with their NEW MMO, Titan. What about details regarding that? I want to see it pop up at this year's E3, instead.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
So, for those of us who only care about SCII, this tells me Heart of the Swarm is coming sometime around 2014.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Its like they cancelled Christmas. Or the Superbowl.

A national tradgedy. This is something Ive looked forward to going to every year since 07. The fact that theres no 2012 one to go to will just make this year feel awkward and hollow for me.

Not to mention all that money Ive saved up for going this year no longer has a purpose. OH WELL.

I think its kinda crap that they cancelled it. "So we can focus on our games?". I think that translates to "we don't have anything important to show." Dont get me wrong, I love Blizzard, but every single one of their series has been in a decline over the last 2 years. Cataclysm followed the exact same arc as Wrath, except without the stuff that made Wrath cool (a villian that was 'in your face' and actually did stuff. Fun raids with a good balance between casual and difficult. Raids that actually took a bit of time to complete instead of incredibly easy short ones. I could make a list.) Mists seems like Cata: they've revealed all the dynamic changes, and its a rushed and under-contented expansion (thats my speculation based off of what Ive seen and played).

StarCraft 2 seems a little too invested in making money from e-sports rather than improving the overall quality and balance. They're too worried about their new expansion, rather then tweaking the game they already have.

And Diablo 3. The demo wasn't that great. And the features they have planned for it aren't that great. RLAH and Always on DRM have made me cancel my pre-order.

And I dont think they want to talk about Titan yet. The only real details they could give would be D3 and Titan related, specially since they already covered HotS for SC last year.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Man i LOVE BlizzCon i never been there but i enjoy watching it over the internet its so epic and it just hypes me so much. After BlizzCon 2010 and 2011 i was so excited that for the next month i annihilated WoW content xD
Still i agree with people. They wont have that much to reveal this year so i guess it makes sense to hold it off. But that also makes me wonder....will we really see an expansion AFTER Mists Of Pandaria :X