Blizzard Finally Offers Korean Diablo III Players a Refund

Stripes

May 22, 2012
If their going to only allow it up to a certain level then the Koreans arent seeing anything, these are the guys who beat it in about 6 hours after launch dont forget. I think people deserve something in return for such poor performance, free DLC? Im sure if we demanded whatever they wanted to sell as DLC for free considering the DRM they would oblige in lieu of losing a great deal of customers.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
ScruffyMcBalls said:
Evil Smurf said:
triorph said:
What does this have to do with the level of the characters?
if they have a lvl 40+ character they clearly love the game and don't want a refund. probably what they are thinking.
That's frighteningly plausible. I'll go with a matter of guessing that someone with characters less than level 40 haven't played it much. I'm still going with Evil Smurf's suggestion though, it somehow smells less of bullshit.
Or if they've managed to make it past level 40, they really aren't having any refund worthy difficulties.
It's 30-40 hours on average to get to level 60.

Let's intrapolate and say 20 hours to get to level 40. 5 Hours a week, anymore than that and you're SOL.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
LordFish said:
Elate said:
I wonder if this will start to set a precedent across other countries. Also wondering if it applies if the problem is that of the ISP, considering I've had multiple problems which weren't MY fault, or the companies but the ISP interfering with packages and such.
To be honest I think you totally should be able to get your money back if you play some of the game and think it's god awful. This could be difficult for console games as the player could have simply completed the game in quick time and taken it back. However for a game purchased on steam (or another distribution service like origin, but lets face it, steam is the best) then you could fire off an email, you're save game is on steam cloud, they see you've played it for 2 hours and gotten 15% of the way through, then they could accept the refund.

It would persuade people to try games... But then again that's what demo levels are for.
Hell I'd love it if steam even took the steps to insure that the games they distribute even launch. Considering they don't even do this, I think it will be a cold day in hell before they do anything as far as offering refunds even for legit problems.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Rednog said:
LordFish said:
Elate said:
I wonder if this will start to set a precedent across other countries. Also wondering if it applies if the problem is that of the ISP, considering I've had multiple problems which weren't MY fault, or the companies but the ISP interfering with packages and such.
To be honest I think you totally should be able to get your money back if you play some of the game and think it's god awful. This could be difficult for console games as the player could have simply completed the game in quick time and taken it back. However for a game purchased on steam (or another distribution service like origin, but lets face it, steam is the best) then you could fire off an email, you're save game is on steam cloud, they see you've played it for 2 hours and gotten 15% of the way through, then they could accept the refund.

It would persuade people to try games... But then again that's what demo levels are for.
Hell I'd love it if steam even took the steps to insure that the games they distribute even launch. Considering they don't even do this, I think it will be a cold day in hell before they do anything as far as offering refunds even for legit problems.
Ye had a game I got on steam that flat out would not work, the only game it has ever happened to me with and have 40+ games on my pc. Was a bit bummed and asked for a refund and was basicly told to get lost and that its 'not our problem' haha

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Now if only the rest of the world would wake up and realise that this shit is unacceptable and call Blizz out on it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
You should not be allowed to get a refund for a game or movie that you bought. you made your personal decision to buy it and if you havent read up on it before it is YOUR OWN FAULT. and yes, pre-ordering is like buying a cat in a bag and is STUPID.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
I'm interested in how many more copies of D3 will be released when Korea's law against buying pixels with real money comes into effect.