Blizzard Says No to Console Cash-in Games

PingoBlack

Searching for common sense ...
Aug 6, 2011
Aeonknight said:
Nice job trying to refute my arguement by deflecting it onto a side arguement of semantics. I was more or less using LAN as slang for refering to when people get together and play Diablo 2 in the same room on multiple machines (same thing you'd see happen at an internet cafe.)

Now instead of being a twat about it, by all means try arguing this time.
Why insults?

I only explained to you you are ignoring the technical aspects. I know you mean LAN as in friends at home or a cafe. But you fail to understand TCP/IP does not care. If you can use it at home, you can use it over net.

Now instead explaining to us how you could get around this obvious issue you call me names? It's not semantics, it's technicalities. Specially since what you describe is well possible within Battle.Net. So at home or in cyber cafe all can log in to Bnet and play. And most likely D3 will not need a lot of bandwidth.

Yes, I see how reasonable discussion about gaming is possible ...

PingoBlack

Searching for common sense ...
Aug 6, 2011
maxmanrules said:
If DRM is well implemented and doesn't heavily change the way the game would run from a non DRM game, than that's good. It's things like Company of Heroes's DRM which piss me off.
Aye, if it is well implemented and gives added value. But one more thing as well.
It needs to be very clearly described before purchase as well.

Then we can all make an educated choice weather we find the added value worth the downsides and purchase if we are satisfied with it. Only if consumer is well informed can they really use the valet voting.

The worst thing is companies lying about it ... like From Dust DRM episode.