Blizzard Sets Deadline for Battle.net / WoW Account Merger

Mortars

May 24, 2009
Vierran said:
I personally would like to hear more about what they are going to do about security concerns, more specifically the fact that all of their games will use the same Username and password which invites more opportunity to be hacked.
This is something a lot of people have been complaining about, but the solution is very simple; you can get the free mobile authenticator or you can buy one from the blizzard store. That is all you need if you are afraid of being hacked.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Vierran said:
I personally would like to hear more about what they are going to do about security concerns, more specifically the fact that all of their games will use the same Username and password which invites more opportunity to be hacked.
this is very true I prefer account name password and a screenname for something as big as this lets hope they do I had a bad experience with MMO account hacking before... its why I quit runescape

Psychemaster

Everything in Moderation
Aug 18, 2008
Did my merger a few days ago, penguin is something I don't bother with (prefer Kirin Tor Familiar if I do use a non-combat pet) and it actually seems to login faster than before.

The password rules are also more stringent for Battle.net accounts than they are for standard WoW accounts.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Oh my fucking god.

I just read the title and went off to merge, logged in checked my mail yadda yadda and found the penguin by surprise.

It's almost enough to make me play WoW again, Mr. Chilly is fucking epic.