Blizzard Shows Off Level 61 Skills for Diablo III

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Blizzard Shows Off Level 61 Skills for Diablo III

New videos introduce the devastating level 61 skills coming in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.

A new expansion brings all new ways to obliterate your enemies. Blizzard has released five videos showing off the level 61 skills added in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Each class will unlock a new skill at level 61, and five runes to augment that skill on the way to the new level cap of 70. The five short videos introduce each of the new skills. The Barbarian's Avalanche drops massive boulders on an area, turning enemies into a fine paste. The Demon Hunter's Vengeance ability is a rapid series of shots while dodging around a swarm of enemies.
Epiphany, the Monk's new skill, has her leaping from enemy to enemy, applying high-powered hits to her enemy's vitals.
The Wizard's new skill, Black Hole, is a little less flashy. A summoned black hole drags nearby enemies into its event horizon and certain death.
Saving the best for last, the Witch Doctor's new skill Piranha is enough to make me want to abandon my Monk and pick up a voodoo mask. A piranha-infested pond is summoned under an enemy, and his day only gets worse after that.
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls releases March 25 for PC and Mac. The PlayStation 4 version will be released later, but no date has been announced. The expansion adds a fifth act, the Crusader class, and raises the level cap to 70. The expansion also adds a new game mode, officially shut down [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132588-Diablo-III-Dev-Adventure-Mode-is-Worth-The-40-Price-Tag].

Until March 24, all players have +50% experience boost, making it easy to get your character to level 60 or to gain more of the now-unlimited paragon levels. Or, if you're like me, to power level a Witch Doctor for the sheer glee of summoning those piranhas come March 25.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/13354138]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Guess that answers my question of "any word on when this expansion hits consoles?" Specifically the 360, for me, but I'm guessing they haven't announced any of that either.

How about that big, spiffy loot patch? Any word on when/if that's coming to consoles?

Also, yeah, that piranha attack does look pretty neat. :3

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
inb4: HAS THE ALWAYS ONLINE RESTRICTION BEEN REMOVED?!?!? HURRRRRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRRRR

RJ 17: There's still no word on whether Reaper of Souls is coming to 360 at all. It's only officially been announced for PS4.

OT: I remember seeing these in a video a while ago, i think either from Blizzconn or maybe beta testers. Either way, it looks awesome! Pirahnas with the pirahnanado rune looks like it will be pretty fantastic for gathering up mobs to AOE down

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Guess that answers my question of "any word on when this expansion hits consoles?" Specifically the 360, for me, but I'm guessing they haven't announced any of that either.

How about that big, spiffy loot patch? Any word on when/if that's coming to consoles?

Im not sure about the loot 2.0 patch since consoles actually already had a version of loot 2.0 when they released. Its not exactly the same, but the personalized loot and increased drop chances are definitely in the game.

I'm really sad about Black Hole though. I have absolutely no idea how to fit that into my weird ass melee build without sacrificin somethin. Maybe I can drop Time Warp....

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
But is the offline-only component removed from the PS1 version of Diablo 1, and will they never port the Hellfire expansion? Jesus Christ, does this series get any support?

And yeah I've seen this shtuff in a stream at one point. Black Hole specifically is going to be interesting as I know my monk is pretty much just an exploding palm/cyclone strike vacuum cleaner right now. Maybe I won't have to do it anymore.

lassiie

May 26, 2013
Consoles will most likely never see Reaper of Souls, and the consoles already have a version of loot 2.0. Much better drops on the consoles, due to there being an offline mode.

Towowo

Sep 22, 2008
The fact the console version has Loot 2.0 is a bit of a misconception, They incorporated elements of it into them but the loot drops themselves are still nowhere near as interesting as the stuff you can find on the PC version.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
shintakie10 said:
RJ 17 said:

Im not sure about the loot 2.0 patch since consoles actually already had a version of loot 2.0 when they released. Its not exactly the same, but the personalized loot and increased drop chances are definitely in the game.

I'm really sad about Black Hole though. I have absolutely no idea how to fit that into my weird ass melee build without sacrificin somethin. Maybe I can drop Time Warp....
Yeah, my mage is my main (of course I'm playing on a console so I likely won't be getting Black Hole for a while yet) and do most of my damage with meteor. For the longest time I was running Meteor + Blizzard and that was working so well for me I didn't really check out any of the other abilities...so I just recently found out how ridiculous the Archon form is, been having fun with that lately.

As for Black Hole, it seems like it's basically just a bomb spell. Drop it down and let it do its thing when enemies start to get too close to you.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
RJ 17 said:
shintakie10 said:
RJ 17 said:

Yeah, my mage is my main (of course I'm playing on a console so I likely won't be getting Black Hole for a while yet) and do most of my damage with meteor. For the longest time I was running Meteor + Blizzard and that was working so well for me I didn't really check out any of the other abilities...so I just recently found out how ridiculous the Archon form is, been having fun with that lately.

As for Black Hole, it seems like it's basically just a bomb spell. Drop it down and let it do its thing when enemies start to get too close to you.
Its more of a bomb/cc spell. Enemies within the radius are out of action for the duration and take damage. It also seems to pull them into a central location which could be useful for multiplayer shenanigans.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I've stubbornly been only using ice magic throughout my run through the game. Glad that Black Hole has a rune for it...

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
I've stubbornly been only using ice magic throughout my run through the game. Glad that Black Hole has a rune for it...
Black hole and Frozen Orb. What a combination.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
shintakie10 said:
RJ 17 said:
shintakie10 said:
RJ 17 said:

Yeah, my mage absolutely loves the monk ability that pulls nearby enemies right to the monk due to my mage's aforementioned preference for dropping giant flaming rocks on people. :3

Its more of a bomb/cc spell. Enemies within the radius are out of action for the duration and take damage. It also seems to pull them into a central location which could be useful for multiplayer shenanigans.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
RJ 17: There's still no word on whether Reaper of Souls is coming to 360 at all. It's only officially been announced for PS4.
I coulda sworn I heard somewhere that "they do intend to bring the expansion to consoles, it's just not certain when." I'm almost certain I read "consoles" indicating multiple ones. I'd be pretty disappointed if it only went to the PS4. It may seem a bit morbid, but I've got a fascination with Death (the character, that is). He's always been my favorite Castlevania boss in all the games he's featured in, as such I was looking forward to facing him in this game too.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
MarlaDesat said:
Until March 24, all players have +50% experience boost
Slight correction here, the experience boost has been doubled to 100% for this weekend, ending on the 24th.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
monks get shafted again , oh well at lest people fight for my support monk to join their party.