Blizzard, that was the best birthday present you have ever given me.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
(I know its 2 days late but still I want to make this thread as I would make it had I had internet in my house)

Because this expansion is looking to be even better than Legion. This FEELs like Warcraft:

That trailer alone was 100% better than the movie and how the movie should have been.

And the new gameplay details looks so fuckin sweet:

And to top it all off, CLASSIC VANILLA WOW SERVER :D

This made my day after a horrible depression I had.....but I still wish I had electricity and Internet In My HOUSE SO I CAN PLAY FUCKIN WORLD OF WARCRAFT RIGHT NOW, FUCK ME THIS HURRICANE HAD TO HAPPEN :(

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Good News, none of that will be out for at least another year, so you have time to get your internet and power back! :D

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I totally disagree, the new expansion seems dumb. How many times have Horde and Alliance united, only to decide "Oh wait, war I guess." It doesn't really make much sense at this point, the factions have never felt LESS divided than in Legion. I was hoping that this kind of shit would be behind us, with Anduin as the high king of the Alliance. Plus, WoW PVP has never been worse, so a new PVP expansion is a shaky proposition.

I'm hella excited for vanilla servers, though.

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
Benpasko said:
I totally disagree, the new expansion seems dumb. How many times have Horde and Alliance united, only to decide "Oh wait, war I guess." It doesn't really make much sense at this point, the factions have never felt LESS divided than in Legion. I was hoping that this kind of shit would be behind us, with Anduin as the high king of the Alliance. Plus, WoW PVP has never been worse, so a new PVP expansion is a shaky proposition.

I'm hella excited for vanilla servers, though.
It's been the same since Warcraft 3. Everyone united to stop the Burning Legion. All the faction leaders were best buds. And then they manufactured a plot to destroy all that in the Frozen Throne to recreate animosity so they could have PvP in WoW. Reason? Humans hate orcs and vice versa, duh.

It's an MMO, there can be no happy ending because you can't have an ending, period.

I am back playing WoW after 4+ years. And I have never taken the WoW story seriously. It's always been a joke. I don't think it's really possible to have a good story in an MMO. For me it's all about social interaction, character development, killing challenging bosses, and getting shiny loot, repeat.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Hope you get your power back soon.

Game looks good. I'm amazed that in this day in age, they can still charge for this stuff though. I've tried a few MMOs and been too cheap to get WOW. Someday maybe.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Good Lord, what ungodly amount of wax does that chick use to make her eyebrows stick out like that?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Because this expansion is looking to be even better than Legion. This FEELs like Warcraft:
Feels so much like it that I could close my eyes and imagine it's Warcraft IV... :(

Anyway, I'm mixed, as a casual observer of WoW, as someone who got into Warcraft through the RTS games. On one hand, I will say it does 'feel' like WoW (funny how times have changed, with the Alliance besieging Lordaeron's former capital, when the Horde almost did that in the Second War). On the other, how many times are we going to have the Alliance vs. Horde thing? It was the focus of MoP for instance, and been a constant theme even when bigger threats have come. I can't help but feel this will be a filler expansion, or at the most, pave the way for something to do with the Old Gods.

Kerg3927 said:
It's been the same since Warcraft 3. Everyone united to stop the Burning Legion. All the faction leaders were best buds. And then they manufactured a plot to destroy all that in the Frozen Throne to recreate animosity so they could have PvP in WoW. Reason? Humans hate orcs and vice versa, duh.
Don't agree there. It's iffy that they're falling back into conflict now, but at the time, the Horde and Alliance are hardly going to be all rosy just because they allied that one time. Even if Daelin never attacked Durotar, chances are they'd still fall into conflict.

Jan 19, 2016
My guild and other WoW playing friends were all pretty underwhelmed, tbh. Horde vs Alliance again is just so ho-hum. I just hope it's a lead in to something actually interesting (like N'zoth).

Siyano_v1legacy

Jul 27, 2010
I have a legitimate question to all player wanting Classic server so much, what does classic had that you can't already do in the game (beside maybe some minor tweaks and details)?
1- You can stop leveling.
2- You can gather a guild to do the specific content.
3- You can now challenge yourself by doing that content.
3- Am I missing something?
Also, where do we stop? after that it will be a BC server, then a WOTLK servers?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Zhukov said:
Good Lord, what ungodly amount of wax does that chick use to make her eyebrows stick out like that?
I thought they were antennae, like she was a bug human hybrid.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Oh goody, Alliance vs. Horde again. Nice easy storytelling. Could have had something interesting going with Vol'jin as the Horde's first Troll Warchief and a more nuanced Varian Wrynn trying to guide his son while keeping a restive Alliance together... but that's hard work to pull off, I guess.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The Rogue Wolf said:
Oh goody, Alliance vs. Horde again. Nice easy storytelling. Could have had something interesting going with Vol'jin as the Horde's first Troll Warchief and a more nuanced Varian Wrynn trying to guide his son while keeping a restive Alliance together... but that's hard work to pull off, I guess.
Ship's long sailed on that since both Vol'jin and Varian are, y'know, dead.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
I wonder if they will fix rotations from being absolute snooze fests with no effort/reward from trying to mix/max dmg. Also I pray they get rid of that god awful "warforged" upgrade system thats currently in Legion, MoP it was ok cause it was only 5 ilvls from current raids but now its on EVERYTHING so theres this incentive to do every gear daily and get every gear piece cause maybe just maybe it will give you an upgrade over current gear and it wears you out.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
MrCalavera said:
Meh. WotLK is where it's at.
LK is when the game was ruined, every proceeding update and expansion trying to correct problems by slopping on more paint instead of hitting the canvas with turpentine - until the whole thing was an ugly, ungainly mass of muddied colors. Burning Crusade was the best WoW has ever been and will ever be.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Zhukov said:
You should see how it looks on the Night Elves, especially the Males.

And the Warcraft movie showed Elven Characters with said eyebrows.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Zhukov said:
She's undead, rigor mortis

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'm pretty excited for the next xpac. I think going back to the faction conflict was the right move if they want to set up for the return of the Old Gods. They work in the background sowing chaos, so it makes sense that they would do their "make our enemies fight each other" thing. The faction leaders will probably be shown the error of their ways and join forces at the end of the xpac to save Azeroth (the planet itself is dying after the events of Antorus after all). I am a bit worried that too much of the latter half of the story will be dedicated to setting up the next xpac though (Return of the Black Empire?).

As for Classic? Perfect for content slumps on Live. I'll play Vanilla, but I would prefer TBC or WotLK.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Siyano said:
I have a legitimate question to all player wanting Classic server so much, what does classic had that you can't already do in the game (beside maybe some minor tweaks and details)?
1- You can stop leveling.
2- You can gather a guild to do the specific content.
3- You can now challenge yourself by doing that content.
3- Am I missing something?
Also, where do we stop? after that it will be a BC server, then a WOTLK servers?
I didn't really get it either, until I gave one of the private servers a shot just to confirm to myself that I'd just hate it and want to come back to live. Um... it's weird. I kind of get it now, the experience shared by the community is wholly different. It's a struggle yes, but no one has the advantages or temptations of Heirlooms or LFG or what have you, you're all in the same boat in that regard and it creates a slightly tighter community when you're all pushing through it together, people come by and buff/help you, helping people is an actual reward in Vanilla... it gets you stuff that isn't tangible, realm cred and notoriety (if you're a serial ganker) There's an aura of community that's been lost as the game has progressed.

I dunno. I'm not gonna leave Live for Classic, but I get it, and will play classic to level up and chill out on my off days, I kind of get it now.

Same @Fappy