Blizzard Wants to Make WoW PvP More "eSport Friendly"

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
BigTuk said:
Oh it's good PvP probablym is the definition of Good. See Blizzard again, distanced themselves from skill-based and more about ease. I haven't played WoW in a while but I will say what finall made me quite was the crushing boredom. The battles basically boild down to 'who can stunlock who first' In short, by crafting a system of mechanics wherin it's easy for any noobie to win they made a system that downplays actual skill.

Not that it's a bad thing but now saying they want to make their stuff more esports friendly smacks of chasing a bandwagon. To make good esports you have to make the battles engaging and responsive, players must have any number of moves and options open to them and honestly the best sports are where imagination and ingenuity are always present. This is not WoW. Wow is grinding the same raids, the same instances over and over again for the same results using the same skills you did the last 8 times... that makes for boring ass viewing.

Play a few matches of Dota2 and the difference is night and day.
there is a difference between a system where any noob can win a fight and one where smarter person can win a fight despite being new.