Blizzard's Battle.net 2.0 Features Facebook Integration

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
Neat feature, but I doubt I'll be using this. I prefer to keep the two separate.

Tom Phoenix said:
You have to be kidding me....are you serious, Blizzard? Out of ALL the issues with the new Battle.net, you are concerning yourself with integration with Facebook? -_-

Do not get me wrong, my criticism has nothing to do with the fact that I hate Facebook. Infact, I do not mind optional features that are helpful for other people. But in it's current state, Battle.net is horrible and lacks a lot of critical features that such a service should include by default. What is worst is that they plan to delay some things to the post-release period or even include them in one of the two expansions......while they are working on this?!

Considering how solid of a game SC2 already is, it's terrible that it is bundled with such a poor service like the current new Battle.net. So Blizzard should make it a priority to make Battle.net a good service in it's own right instead of having to rely on connecting itself with other services.
Who said anything about Battle.net being final? It seems to me they're just testing out the stuff they need feedback on, and leaving out the other essentials until they're actually needed (like chat channels, clan system, cross-game chat, etc.). I also don't remember anything about them planning to delay certain stuff.

I do wish they would hurry up with the updates, but it's just a beta and if they only need to test certain stuff, they'll do that. The recent Questions-and-Answers list they put up on the forums alludes to more Bnet updates as well as balance changes.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
There is much potential here...

Though I don't have a Facebook, so no potential for me.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
As long as it doesn't become some kind of requirement, then it's all cool. I seem to recall a certain gaming website does a linking thingyjiggy with Facebook as well. As long as Farmville stays in the articles, s'all good.
July 29th, 11:03PM: Bert needs to spawn more Overlords.
July 29th, 11:04PM: Bert needs to spawn more Overlords.
July 29th, 11:05PM: Bert needs to spawn more Overlords.
July 29th, 11:06PM: Bert needs to spawn more Overlords.
July 29th, 11:07PM: Bert tells the Hive to go #@$% itself and spawn its own #@$%'n Overlords.
July 29th, 11:08PM: Bert boots up WoW.
July 29th, 11:12PM: Bert dings 50 night elves.
July 29th, 11:13PM: Bert is killed by 12th lvl Rogue.
July 29th, 11:14PM: Bert uninstalls Battle.net.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Nowt wrong with this. If it means I can find my mates online quicker, all good. I'll disable the spammy notifications whether Blizzard want me to or not. In all honesty, it'll probably just be like when Facebook scans your email contacts to help find people you know. Blizzard just scans your Facebook (with your permission) for names they have on file, and then adds them.

Wouldn't it be nice if Steam and XBL had something similar?

Sam Morris

May 6, 2010
GamerShots currently gives it's users an option to drag and drop facebook friends on top of screenshots, connecting their toon to their Facebook profiles. Here is an example, old guildies of mine, in Karazhan.

http://gamershots.com/show.php/415_WoWScrnShot_042608_004641.jpg.html