BlizzCon 2011 Announced

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BlizzCon 2011 Announced

October is coming, eventually, and you know what that means: BlizzCon 2011 is on the way.

It may not be a huge surprise but at least it's official. Anaheim Convention Center [http://www.blizzard.com] in Anaheim, California. Details are in short supply but Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime promised plenty of everything that makes BlizzCon such a hit among gamers, including discussion panels, competitive and casual tournaments, contests, unique merchandise and of course an inside look at the studio's latest and greatest games.

The 2010 edition of BlizzCon featured an appearance by nerd triumph [http://www.tenaciousd.com/]. It also sold out in about ten minutes, so you better be quick on the draw if you want to go.

More information about what to expect at BlizzCon 2011, along with ticket availability and pricing, will be revealed as the big day gets closer. Keep up with the latest at blizzcon.com [http://www.blizzcon.com]

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I'm betting that they will announce an Expansion to WoW during this Blizzcon. It's allways been like that. Release expansion, wait about a year, announce a new one, rinse and repeat.

So I'd just like to repeat myself: If I'm right, then I fucking called it.

Jarcin

Oct 1, 2010
I think they already announced that 2012 would host another expansion.

Wish I could make this one

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, this is great. Too bad i don't live in the States. I'd like to go to such an convention one day D:
And i wonder if Blizzard will announce something completely surprising and awesome? Looking forward to the news.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
IamQ said:
I'm betting that they will announce an Expansion to WoW during this Blizzcon. It's allways been like that. Release expansion, wait about a year, announce a new one, rinse and repeat.

If that's the case, you'll have to wait until 2012 for calling it. It was released two months ago, so I'm sure it's far too soon for that.

OT: My money's on more details of that new IP there's been rumors of. If they don't have any details at this point, I'd be disappointed.

batti

Mar 18, 2009
In other news, grass grows, birds fly and scouts bash mercenaries heads in(and are in general dicks)

Rayken15

Jan 10, 2011
Magnatek said:
IamQ said:

If that's the case, you'll have to wait until 2012 for calling it. It was released two months ago, so I'm sure it's far too soon for that.

OT: My money's on more details of that new IP there's been rumors of. If they don't have any details at this point, I'd be disappointed.
Well that leaked release chart said it's gonna be in 2013 or 2014 can't remember

EDIT: Yeah, it's late 2014

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Magnatek said:
IamQ said:

Burning Crusade was released January 2007. Wrath of the Lich King was announced in August the same year. Wrath of the Lich King was then released in November 2008, and Cataclysm was Announced in October the following year. It's a pattern I think they'll follow.

Xocrates

May 4, 2008
Magnatek said:
Actually, they said last BlizzCon that they don't intend to reveal that before 2012.

Magnatek

Jul 17, 2009
IamQ said:
Magnatek said:
IamQ said:

Burning Crusade was released January 2007. Wrath of the Lich King was announced in August the same year. Wrath of the Lich King was then released in November 2008, and Cataclysm was Announced in October the following year. It's a pattern I think they'll follow.
They didn't follow that pattern in that first example there (seven months isn't 12). If this was an actual pattern, then it could possibly take about 15-16 months for the next announcement (adding 4-5 months with each expansion, as this looks like to me). Regardless, this is just speculation until they actually reveal what will all be at the event.

Xocrates said:
Magnatek said:
Actually, they said last BlizzCon that they don't intend to reveal that before 2012.
Then, mark me disappointed already.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Magnatek said:
IamQ said:
Magnatek said:
IamQ said:

They didn't follow that pattern in that first example there (seven months isn't 12). If this was an actual pattern, then it could possibly take about 15-16 months for the next announcement (adding 4-5 months with each expansion, as this looks like to me). Regardless, this is just speculation until they actually reveal what will all be at the event.
No, it's not precisley 12 months, but usually around that time. Suprisingly, Wrath was almost half of that though. But yeah, this is just speculation, but I'm frim in the belief that it's a WoW expansion. They've so far always announced one at the blizzcon following the game's release.

Magnatek

Jul 17, 2009
IamQ said:
Magnatek said:
IamQ said:
Magnatek said:
IamQ said:

No, it's not precisley 12 months, but usually around that time. Suprisingly, Wrath was almost half of that though. But yeah, this is just speculation, but I'm frim in the belief that it's a WoW expansion. They've so far always announced one at the blizzcon following the game's release.
I can see where you're coming from with that. Who really knows except for Blizzard itself? We may get both the next part of Starcraft II AND the next WoW expansion, or nothing at all. We'll just have to wait and see for the official release statement...or if there's a leak as accurate as the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thing.

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
Hopefully they'll announce a wc4, sc2 expansion or titan. That's what I'm hoping for.

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
bahumat42 said:
syltman said:
Hopefully they'll announce a wc4, sc2 expansion or titan. That's what I'm hoping for.
Until their done with WoW its probably safe to assume wc4 is off the table. But diablo 3 and the next sc2 expansion wiill probably be getting big pushes.
Yah, one can always hope however.