Blood Draining Game Peripheral Needs $250K From Kickstarter

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Well my own blood doesn't gross me out at all, so yeah, I'd try it and go head-to-head with some scrub if you payed me enough. Blood is just messy fluid, like oil in a car to me. I'm bothered by plenty else, but not of a potential slipping hazard.

That said though, this doesn't seem like a very effective way to "up the ante." Having blood drain out of you through a needle doesn't hurt, like at all, unless you jostle the needle around somehow like a goof, so there'd be a lack of direct negative feedback. If I were to get hit in the game, I wouldn't notice a difference if I didn't look over to the side at my blood draining. And then you can't possibly lose enough to pass out or even get dizzy because of the blood nanny you'd have watching you. This is just for shock value and blood donation. I bet if you do too well at the game, you'd probably be pressured to give them a usable amount, so it's just a straight-up blood donation, you might as well go into a blood center and play a handheld.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Don't see why everyone thinks this is dumb. I know this has definitely gotten people talking about it, I brought this up at work and they've gone home and told their friends, etc.

Few of them are planning on trying it. Mission accomplished.

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
I certainly doubt this will in any shape or form become a consumer product for extra immersion in gaming, but as a campaigning tool for blood donations... Well, I think it definitely piqued my interest by just reading the header of the article. I mean, why not. Fun idea, not much practical use, but does everything always have to have.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Neronium said:
This still seems odd that it's this elaborate. Eh, I do my part since I'm O- for my bloodtype, so everyone wants my blood. :3
Was difficult when I was born though, since my mom is Type AB.
ctSasquatch said:
Maybe I've been out of school too long, but how is that physically possible? If you inherit one letter from each parent, you would get your mom's A or B and one of whatever your dad is, right? Even assuming your dad is oo (Type O) for simplicity's sake, wouldn't you end up as Ao (A type) if your mom passed her A, or Bo (B type) if she passed her B?
Like, my dad is BB-- and my mom is oo+-, and I end up Bo- (B negative). That must be really rare how your birth went.
I was gonna ask the very same question, so yeah, a clarification on how your AB mom manage to birth a OO individual would be enlightening.

As for me, I'm B+, giving me the inherent right to constantly milk the pun "You gotta B positive" :þ

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
well I just checked their page and it says funding has been suspended with barely a drop in the bucket. pretty safe to say this is an interesting idea but not at all practical.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Enjoy getting infections and other blood borne nastiness, especially for those dumb enough to not clean it properly and even share it.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
I can see NO possible way this could in any way go wrong! Nope, none whatsoever.

Gustavos

Jul 19, 2009
Haha, what a funny way to die. Gamers will keep going until they pass out, leaving their characters to stand around, get shot, respawn get shot, until all their blood is drained. In fact, how about using this for a torture house where you force people to literally fight for their life in a popular video game? The human race can be so deliciously destructive! Yes! Pledge all your money! You won't need it in the next life!

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
A game peripheral that involves draining your blood every time you lose health in a game?

Some of you might call me crazy for saying this, but in my opinion, if that's not a truly hardcore way to play a game, I don't know what is.

Though I dread to think what would happen if I played Fallout 3 or New Vegas with that thing on me, if I took a missile to the face in-game, 2 things could happen;

1) the blood pack containing my blood might explode, leaving more blood on me than a Dragon Age character.

2) I might get into hemorrhagic shock or die, after call, do you know how much blood you can lose getting hit by a missile? I think I know only this answer; alot.