Blood on the Sand

vexed123

Oct 30, 2008
Okay the other day my brother asked my Dad to buy 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

My dad was against the idea but was considering buying it but my brother got the game in the end. The main point is Should People Buy The Game?

I mean the concept sounds pretty stupid - An American Rap Artist Fighting Gangs in the Middle East. So in your opinion, is this a good enough concept for a game? I mean who needs post-apocalyptic wastelands and fighting alien hordes when you can be 50 Cent and Tony Yayo single handily fighting gangs of the Middle East without any prior military training.

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
NO.

God what kind of tools would play that game? Maybe I'll check it out just to listen to all the stupid wigger kids try to act gangster.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I think I may have to rent this game when its like £5. It looks so stupid it deserves to be played.

It looks like one of thoughs weird situations where its so bad its good.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I find that almost any game can be fun if you just step down off the high chair. And by that I mean, forget about the game and what it's trying to do and/or be and just play it for what it is. Games generally turn out ok that way.

Although to be fair, I am dishing out advice that I personally refuse to obey. It's worked for me in the past but I have too high standards for games now.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Didn't you tell your brother that the game was most likely a piece of crap, and that for that money he could get something that was far, FAR better?
I suggest to trade the game in whenever your brother is away, and get something nice ^^

vexed123

Oct 30, 2008
Clashero said:
Didn't you tell your brother that the game was most likely a piece of crap, and that for that money he could get something that was far, FAR better?
I suggest to trade the game in whenever your brother is away, and get something nice ^^
I told him it was a stupid game and 50 cent wouldn't survive a day in Middle East. He shouted at me and said he's getting it anyway. I tried to convince him to get Fallout 3 for Xbox 360. But apparently because I already have it on PS3 makes that an invalid argument but then I said it's better than freaking 50 cent. In the end he got the game and I didn't. =/

FluxC

Oct 19, 2008
Your dad shouldn't buy it on the basis of knowing it will inevitably be bad.

It's like going to see a film that looks bad, sounds bad, does everything it can to make you think it will be bad, but you go to see it anyway. Which it seems is what your brother has done.

But tell your Brother what a great purchase it was. I mean, Killzone 2 is on it's way, as is Resi 5. But forget about them and blow your money on a game about an idiotic black guy with a deluded sense of grandure. But lets not be too harsh; the game includes unheard songs by BOTH 50 Cent AND G-Unit. Oh joy!

It's like buying Aids and getting Cancer free.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
I'll buy this game... When it costs 50 Cents. (Thank you, Thank you, I know I'm the best)

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Does it honestly matter? He wanted the game, he got the game, he'll probably enjoy it. Come down off your high horse and let him play what he wants to. It's not like you're being forced to play it. You just go back to Fallout 3 on your PS3 and let him play 50 Cent on the 360.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I refuse to buy something with a story so stupid it would make MTV wet their panties in excitement.
This is probably my opinion summed up in a few words.

Good show.

DragunovHUN

Jan 10, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
I think I may have to rent this game when its like £5. It looks so stupid it deserves to be played.
Nooo, wait untill you can get it for 50 pennies.

vexed123

Oct 30, 2008
It's on the ps3. The point is companies waste resources on games like this and drop games like Ghostbusters which actually looks decent. Oh well maybe Hannah Montana: The Video Game will be the sleeper hit of 2009.

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
I think everyone deserves the chance to make really bad game mistakes. Having said that I would have preferred a couple of times for someone to just point some media my way so I could actually see how bad a game looked or just convince me to rent out a copy at the video store because I definitely have some titles on the ol' shelf that I regret. Some of those "bad" games turn out to be winners though. Everyone told me not to get Deathrow on Xbox, I did anyway and years on I still love that game which just goes to show my friends are stupid heads.