Bloodborne - the upcoming Gothic "Souls game" on PS4 with more aggressive gameplay (now footage)

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012

<youtube=G203e1HhixY>
A lot of you probably saw the debut trailer of Bloodborne shown on Sony press conference, but the information has not stopped there.

The Playstation blog has been updated with more basic information and a couple of screenies [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/bloodborne-coming-exclusively-to-ps4-in-2015-new-details/#sf3256110], and a few moments ago, Miyazaki has started showing their 30-minute demo to the press. This new game, while very closely related to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, puts away much of the magic in favor of gadgetry, and makes defensive players feel vulnerable again as Bloodborne will make sure you can not get cozy behind your defenses.

<youtube=KJtzLXg9AB0>

There are also rumors that this game has a proper vampirism mechanic, something that in a way replaces the humanity/body mechanics of previous titles, with much more... let's say interesting results

EDIT:

The TGS 2013 gameplay trailer that never was actually shown, and this is now an old build [http://a.pomf.se/vbeyjk.webm]

Off-screen footage of the current build
<youtube=0GCx2wW61aQ>

Anyone here as excited as I am? Is this your system seller, certain purchase, or a title you'd rather pass?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Already have a PS4 and this is going to almost certainly be a day one purchase for me. I haven't seen anything about it yet that I'm not excited about.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Oh fuck yes I am hyped as shit for this. Can't wait to see more gameplay. Love the costume design too ~ <3

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
There's a few reasons for me to finally drop some money on a PS4 in the coming year, and this is one of them. I'm not running out and buying one just yet, but it's definitely a planned purchase, and a lot of it has to do with this game looking amazing and being an exclusive.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
The trailer is absolutely phenomenal, and if the game is half as atmospheric as that then it's a definite day one for me.

To me, this seems like what Van Helsing SHOULD have been: a monster hunter set in a gothic/Victorian world with an incredibly dark atmosphere.

Apr 28, 2008
This just justified my PS4 purchase I made a couple months ago. Though to be fair, I have been enjoying the PS4 versions of multi-platform games, but this... this makes me happy to have a PS4.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
And with that my PS4 suddenly seems totally worth it.

I haven't done a day one buy since Portal 2, this game may very well change that.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Hopefully by more aggressive it doesn't mean bosses who are combo machines like Manus or alot enemy groups that all get pulled together like in DkS2.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'll need to see actual gameplay to get properly excited, but I'm sure Miyazaki knows what he's doing.

I hope he'll do something similar with the overused Victorian age as he did with the Fantasy setting of Demon's/Dark Souls.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I guess I'm getting cynical (or maybe spoiled by Nintendo) but I'd like to see actual gameplay in my trailers before I get exicted.
That said my first reaction was "oh god, no more zombies".
Then I realized it had vampires in it, well, color me interested.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Darks63 said:
Hopefully by more aggressive it doesn't mean bosses who are combo machines like Manus or alot enemy groups that all get pulled together like in DkS2.
There is a bit of more frequent enemy grouping, but what it seems to mainly mean is that your character's more agile in general as opposed to tanky, and fighting for a long time in one place will ultimately result in you getting surrounded because the enemies finally have patrol routes which you need to watch out for.

Story said:
I guess I'm getting cynical (or maybe spoiled by Nintendo) but I'd like to see actual gameplay in my trailers before I get exicted.
The press demo apparently ran at really low framerate, so they'd need to fix that before any public gameplay footage would become presentable

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Story said:
That said my first reaction was "oh god, no more zombies".
Then I realized it had vampires in it, well, color me interested.
I wouldn't say cynical, this game hasn't shown proper gameplay yet and it's already set the tone for it being a niche game akin to being pretty much like a Souls game just set in a gothic setting with guns.

I was hoping for it to not be a Souls game but it's pretty much confirmed for being a lot like one in the end which means one less reason to grab a PS4 and more reason to pick up a Wii U for Bayonetta 1+2 with other choices and the other offerings from MS and Platinum's Scalebound, Sony just isn't hitting any notes with me this generation, almost like half of last gen too.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Im hoping it will also come to PC but I doubt it.

If anything makes me get one of the new consoles it would be this.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Alright guys, now there's gameplay to show!

The TGS 2013 gameplay trailer that never was actually shown, and this is now an old build
<youtube=DNf5df8L9ig>

Off-screen footage of the current build
<youtube=0GCx2wW61aQ>

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I knew I wanted a PS4 eventually, but I was waiting for a good list of exclusives to justify the purchase. The existence of this game alone justifies the purchase, other titles will come along eventually. Now I just have to scrape up 400 bucks...

Feb 28, 2008
I didn't want to have to buy a PS4 or any of the next-gen consoles, but darn this is making me change my mind. That pre-alpha footage has a lot of potential (even if extremely limited, and the person playing it is clearly inexperienced). I will take a Dark Souls-esque game in a Gothic Victorian setting without a doubt.