Bloodborne's Creepiest Moment

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Good. So I'm not the only one who thought, "Wait...that sounded a bit like..." Still loving this game, but that one line, and the way it was delivered, just felt kind of odd.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Darth_Payn said:
So, do I have to have played Bloodborne already to get the joke? I mean, it's good to see this strip make video game jokes again, but I'm a tad lost on the context here.
Renegade-pizza said:
I bet he even has one of those boob mouse pads:http://www.amazon.com/Boobs-Ergonomic-Mouse-Pad-Anime/dp/B009KVHK8U

I love how Suchong is posed. Even he knows to avoid this guy.
I'm using one of those right now, and it's incredibly comfortable on my wrist.
Likewise. I have it because the twin pads are more comfortable than the flat single pads. I don't even pay attention to the art on it.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
This would probably mean more to me if I'd have actually played Bloodborne.
The old man in the wheelchair is a former Hunter that assists other Hunters with guidance and his considerable knowledge within the Hunter's Dream (sort of your hub world). You are a Hunter, in case that wasn't clear. The line of dialog is something he tells you exactly as he tells it to you.

The Doll is an actual doll that you speak to in order to level up and build your stats. I've heard you can even see cracks on her face if you look hard enough.

You do the math.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Fat_Hippo said:
UberPubert said:
The most obvious joke I've seen everyone who played the game make...

...and it gets me every time.
Still not as bad as "sticky white stuff" in Demon's Souls. Or "Touch the demon inside me!"

Come to think of it, that game was kind of asking for it.
Oh god, Sticky White stuff in the notes system in that game. It's almost as bad as what people used Thrust, Head and Amazing Chest for in Dark Souls.

Also I see you found the top hat. Did you find the Hidden Fun Stuff that goes along with finding it?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
No wonder Gehrman never wakes up from that dream, the dirty old hound.
Dirty Cop James funs said:
While I enjoy Vaati from time to time, most of his content is based on speculations, thus he isn't very reliable for accurate lore. For that itch to be scratched, I go to EpicNameBro and other such YouTuber's that do half an hour (or more) lore videos.
ENB tends to overthink things on occasion though, like the missing eyes from the horse corpses. Not absolutely every cobble in the street has lore tied to it. Sometimes a cigar is just that.
Fox12 said:
The main female character is a doll. Rei Ayanami is described as a doll.

Both NG and From games are well known for having tons of symbolism.

Holy cow, this joke works on so many levels. *mind blown*
Doll is the best girl, man! Rei can suck it!

No but seriously, that doll is just charming as all hell. Freaking giving me a subdued applause when I'm performing a hunter's rally... THAT'S SO CUTE!

Groverfield

Jul 4, 2011
Fat_Hippo said:
UberPubert said:
The most obvious joke I've seen everyone who played the game make...

...and it gets me every time.
Still not as bad as "sticky white stuff" in Demon's Souls. Or "Touch the demon inside me!"

Come to think of it, that game was kind of asking for it.
Whoa whoa, even if they're flirting and asking for it, you still need consent before you touch someone's demon.

A.K.B.

Feb 27, 2014
Well....
she DOES get on her knees whenever you promise to give her blood echoes.

Edit: Dis "deep and meaningful" tag, though..

Monoclebear

Robot enthusiast
Sep 29, 2010
zombiejoe said:
I've only just started playing the game, beaten the first boss, and I picked up those exact same implications from the guy.
Just the fact that he whispers them to you, unlike everything else, implies some freaky stuff.
Sometimes he is just behind the house enjoying some sun and fresh air.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
While I enjoy Vaati from time to time, most of his content is based on speculations, thus he isn't very reliable for accurate lore. For that itch to be scratched, I go to EpicNameBro and other such YouTuber's that do half an hour (or more) lore videos.
ENB tends to overthink things on occasion though, like the missing eyes from the horse corpses. Not absolutely every cobble in the street has lore tied to it. Sometimes a cigar is just that.
That might be true at times, but considering that area's obsession with eyes, it's not that far fetched to hypothesise it got its eyes removed for some sort of ritual.

But whether its eyes got removed or simply decomposed, I think it's a nice touch.
Not even just that, but ENB is more knowledgeable in this regard than Vaati. He worked on the official guide, and even went to FROM's studios and met the team, including Miyazaki. Everyone overthinks things in these games, it's just the way things are. But Marcus tends to be pretty grounded in his theories, plus he's pretty good about stating outright when he's grasping for straws. Part of why I like him over Vaati