Blowhard 2: Blow Harder

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
8,687
0
0
Awww, that's not very nice, Grey. So what if he's not like this psycho [http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/02/speedrunner-beats-the-witness-in-under-26-minutes] who memorized all the solutions so he could beat the game in 25 minutes! At least Cory can draw!
 

dangoball

New member
Jun 20, 2011
555
0
0
Sometimes I wonder to what degree are Grey's and Cory's CM personas inspired by their real personalities.
 

sageoftruth

New member
Jan 29, 2010
3,417
0
0
Ever try playing Witness with a friend? On the surface, it looks like two guys carefully putting their heads together to solve a difficult problem, but below the surface, it's a chest thumping dick-off where they're going "Think you're smarter than me, huh? Well, I'm gonna be the one who solves this next one, you SOB."

They should make a comic about that.
 

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
1,443
0
0
dangoball said:
Sometimes I wonder to what degree are Grey's and Cory's CM personas inspired by their real personalities.
You're not the only one. Lately half of their comics seem to be about them trashing each other
 

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
2,581
0
0
Eh, I never got that Intellectual Machismo thingy. If I'm stuck and my enjoyment of brute-forcing my way out of my rut is starting to dwindle, I'll go look at a walkthrough. I'm not one of these gamers who go through cardiac arrest every time you spoil a game mechanic or a section of gameplay in front of them. Some of my friends are, though - and it's distressing.

Buddy: "I'VE SEEN THE PUZZLE BE SOLVED! MY ENJOYMENT IS RUINED!" (insert friend quitting the game like a spoiled five year-old and throwing the controller onto the coffee table)

Me: "I'm starting to wonder if your brain isn't stuck in kindergarten, sometimes, despite all of your postgraduate work..."
 

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
sageoftruth said:
Ever try playing Witness with a friend? On the surface, it looks like two guys carefully putting their heads together to solve a difficult problem, but below the surface, it's a chest thumping dick-off where they're going "Think you're smarter than me, huh? Well, I'm gonna be the one who solves this next one, you SOB."

They should make a comic about that.
I started playing it yesterday with my friend. I hadn't even touched it yet so neither of us knew what to expect. Gotta say, It's been a while since I had so much fun.
 

FPLOON

Your #1 Source for the Dino Porn
Jul 10, 2013
12,531
0
0
I guess some people don't want to "witness" the answer beforehand... :p

Other than that, all this reminds me of that one scene in Clarence:
 

silverhawk100

New member
Dec 17, 2009
80
0
0
Caramel Frappe said:
That's my expression whenever i'm doing math problems .... god why does my country want me to ace Math 25 to get an AA degree?
I'll never be using such advanced math for anything, and haven't used it for any real life situations, ever >_>
Sorry, but you do need to know what a derivative is and, sometimes, how to find one. It is actually important for an educated person.
 

chocolate pickles

New member
Apr 14, 2011
432
0
0
silverhawk100 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
That's my expression whenever i'm doing math problems .... god why does my country want me to ace Math 25 to get an AA degree?
I'll never be using such advanced math for anything, and haven't used it for any real life situations, ever >_>
Sorry, but you do need to know what a derivative is and, sometimes, how to find one. It is actually important for an educated person.
As of yet in my life experience, I'm gonna disagree with that. Advanced maths is indeed useless in real life.