Bobular's top 5 most disapointing anime

404notfound

Nov 9, 2009
So, speaking of dissapointment and anime: I just watched Akame Ga Kill last week. I'm still sad about it.

I thought it was doing pretty good for the first 3/4, a decent 7 or an 8 at a push, but the last 1/4 of the show was such a travesty. Soul Eater's second half was generally a step down and it had a terrible ending (which was mercifully swift), but atleast it kept some semblance of its identity with its style and characters.

Akame Ga Kill's last 5 episodes were pretty much irredeemable. Characters doing total 180s in the worst attempt at trying to garner audience sympathy that I've ever seen, or other wise just being misused, or even forgotten about. The plot derailed super hard, it was obvious where they skipped certain things and just tried to handwave it away as they strung together the most threadbear of narratives. Out of the entirety those last 5 episdoes I think there was only 1 scene that I actually enjoyed, every single other scene left me baffled, confused, disappointed, or a mixture of the three. How anyone thinks that the ending is even remotely satisfying, especially those who made the damn thing, I could never know.