Bomb Strapped to Teenage Girl?s Neck (UPDATED)

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Looks like Yahtzee finally snapped. All the warning signs were right there. It was probably the QTEs that pushed him over the edge...

I do hope she is ok though and that this isn't the start of a rash of less than fashionable neck wear in the area. Wouldn't surprise me if rich dad knows exactly who did it, he probably pissed off the mob or something.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
Am I the only person who thought that the guy in the suit and bomb vest thing looks like David Duchovny?

Captain Booyah

Apr 19, 2010
Damn, that is cruel. I don't think I've ever heard of something like that before (and cue guilt, the first thing I thought of were Fallout 3's slave collars. An escapee?). Kudos to the girl for staying so calm; hope she survives.

BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
BanicRhys said:
I was all "damn, poor her".

Then I heard she was 18 and living in the one of Australia's richest suburbs. After that I was all "serves you right". I know it's illogical but I hate all rich people with extreme prejudice, especially the female teenage ones.
Yes, it only makes sense that because someone has more money than you it's good for them to get a bomb strapped to their neck and the potential to die.

Makes total sense and I applaud your total lack of compassion for another human being.
I said it was an illogical hatred, didn't I?

Btw, don't pretend you really care about her. If you do you're either deluded or lying to yourself. She's someone I'll never meet, regardless of whether she lives or dies, her death will not affect me at all so yes, I do not care about her situation and I do not care if she dies.

I wouldn't wish this kind of thing on anyone, but seeing as it has and I can't do anything about it, why should I care?
Then perhaps you should work on overcoming such moronic irrationalities rather than advertising them on an Internet forum. Don't be surprised people are jumping on you for posting something so ignorant. I genuinely do suggest help of some kind, because if you automatically think someone deserves a bomb strapped to their neck and is devalued as a human being for having more shiny bits of paper than you, then I honestly feel sorry for you. I mean this in the least offensive way possible, but something obviously went wrong somewhere.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Kargathia said:
I must say though, I'm rather curious as to how exactly this went about.

Apparently a package arrived, and she put it around her neck, before realising it was a bomb? Seriously?
No, from what the original link implied, the man broke into her home, grabbed her, and then put it on her. She didn't just put it on like stupid bimbo. Trust me. The Escapist is a nice place, but if she had snapped a bomb onto her on neck, we would all be making fun of her.

Other news sources have said that the cops refuse to either confirm or deny if the bomb is actully directly strapped to her.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Mstrswrd said:
Kargathia said:
I must say though, I'm rather curious as to how exactly this went about.

Apparently a package arrived, and she put it around her neck, before realising it was a bomb? Seriously?
Other news sources have said that the cops refuse to either confirm or deny if the bomb is actully directly strapped to her.
Ahhh, then it's just my lack of reading to blame. Read the full article on BBC.co.uk a bit before this, so only gave the OP a cursory glance to determine it was the same case.

It still reminds me about the scene in Never Say Never, but that's probably a jerkish thing to say.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
BanicRhys said:

Then I heard she was 18 and living in the one of Australia's richest suburbs. After that I was all "serves you right". I know it's illogical but I hate all rich people with extreme prejudice, especially the female teenage ones.
Yes, it only makes sense that because someone has more money than you it's good for them to get a bomb strapped to their neck and the potential to die.

Makes total sense and I applaud your total lack of compassion for another human being.
I said it was an illogical hatred, didn't I?

Btw, don't pretend you really care about her. If you do you're either deluded or lying to yourself. She's someone I'll never meet, regardless of whether she lives or dies, her death will not affect me at all so yes, I do not care about her situation and I do not care if she dies.

I wouldn't wish this kind of thing on anyone, but seeing as it has and I can't do anything about it, why should I care?
Ah fuck, you're one of those "No one really feels empathy; we pretend to because that's the pressure our society places on us" people. I don't want to insult, so I won't tell you to go - well, use your imagination - but this is an eighteen year old girl, just beginning her life, who has a fucking bomb strapped to her neck. Forget her economic status for a second, because she has a FUCKING BOMB strapped to he neck. Do you have a sister or a daughter, or are you a pretensious teenager, and think you're being deep by making a broad statement about human empathy as a whole. I fully expect you to have been flamed into the ground by now, but fuck that. Can you imagine the sheer fucking terror of being stuck in one spot, considering all the gruesome ways you might die, if the bomb goes off? Can you imagine literally pissing your pants in fear as a heavily armored bomb squad moves in on you, knowing that one mistake could mean the end of your life?

You're not speaking for all of us when you say we don't care - no fucking way. That you're even speaking for yourself says a lot about you as a person, and none of it good.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Sneaky-Pie said:
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
Oh cool, I didn't know we were such great pals and you knew everything about me.

If I didn't care about the girl I wouldn't have through the trouble of posting a news story asking Australian locals if they knew more about what was going on. You don't care about the girl and that's fine, but don't assume that everyone else is like you.

We should hang out more often.
You're not even in the same country as her, your media might not even mention her death (should it happen), so why do you care so much about someone you didn't know existed up until today?

I don't know, I just might not understand your point of view because I've never been given a reason to care about my fellow man.
So, just because someone else is from another country, I should not care about whether they live or die? They're a human being, like me and you.

Above all that, the girl is only 18 and I'm pretty sure that she did nothing to deserve to have bomb strapped to her neck.
Even though he's being... not very nice about it, I think he's saying you can't possibly be emotionally invested in the misfortunes of someone you don't know. It's sort of absurd to feel bad about a rich kid getting a bomb strapped to her neck, when there are children dying from poor living conditions as we speak.

Ultimately, you're on a gaming forum. Whether you type "That's so tragic, I'm sorry" or "Capitalist pigs, I hope they die", each sentiment is as meaningless as the other. Her situation won't change.

Edit:
Bobbity said:
Yeah, you too. You can be self righteous all you want, but your pity is as useless as his vitriol. I hate to break this to you, but people suffer and die all the fucking time. As in, right now; and they don't deserve it either. But you don't spend your days crippled by despair, do you? You probably don't even think twice about them until someone waggles an article in your face and says "LOOK! BAD THINGS HAPPEN!" and then you say "oh no, how awful".

Then the bad things continue to happen.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
At first I was kind of worried. But then I saw the updated news and I was relieved.
BanicRhys said:

Then I heard she was 18 and living in the one of Australia's richest suburbs, after that I was all "serves you right". I know it's illogical but I hate all rich people with extreme prejudice, especially the female teenage ones.
Why? Just because someone happens to have a lot of money does not make them a bad person. It's like hating all poor people with an extreme prejudice. It's very illogical.

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
Phew, I sure am glad that one of those bomb disposal experts read a repair magazine and took comprehension to raise his repair skill temporarily by 20.

_>

What?! It's alright to make game references now right?

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
manic_depressive13 said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:
Oh cool, I didn't know we were such great pals and you knew everything about me.

If I didn't care about the girl I wouldn't have through the trouble of posting a news story asking Australian locals if they knew more about what was going on. You don't care about the girl and that's fine, but don't assume that everyone else is like you.

You're not even in the same country as her, your media might not even mention her death (should it happen), so why do you care so much about someone you didn't know existed up until today?

I don't know, I just might not understand your point of view because I've never been given a reason to care about my fellow man.
So, just because someone else is from another country, I should not care about whether they live or die? They're a human being, like me and you.

Above all that, the girl is only 18 and I'm pretty sure that she did nothing to deserve to have bomb strapped to her neck.

Even though he's being... not very nice about it, I think he's saying you can't possibly be emotionally invested in the misfortunes of someone you don't know. It's sort of absurd to feel bad about a rich kid getting a bomb strapped to her neck, when there are children dying from poor living conditions as we speak.

I'd say both of them are pretty right. We indeed do not have any emotional investment in this girl, as we've never known her. Hell, we don't even know her name.

What we do have is empathy. The general feeling that we wouldn't wish a bomb around the neck of any 18-year old girl. Whether that's caused by upbringing, social pressure, or aliens I don't really care. It's there. Maybe not for him, but apparently it is for the ones all getting riled up about him.
Ultimately, you're on a gaming forum. Whether you type "That's so tragic, I'm sorry" or "Capitalist pigs, I hope they die", each sentiment is as meaningless as the other. Her situation won't change.
Or as somebody once said: "I wish people who have nothing to say actually would keep quiet".

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
BanicRhys said:

Then I heard she was 18 and living in the one of Australia's richest suburbs, after that I was all "serves you right". I know it's illogical but I hate all rich people with extreme prejudice, especially the female teenage ones.
So in other words, because of her upbringing, she deserves to have a bomb strapped to her neck?

Thankfully it's all ok now. Hope the bastard who did it gets caught.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
If nothing else it would make interesting conversation at supper time.

"how was your day dear"

"well I woke up and had Coco Pops, watched a bit of morning TV, got ready to go out and meet the girls then had a strange bloke break in a strap a bomb to my neck .... quite a slow day really how about you mum".

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
DeadlyYellow said:
The Rockerfly said:
Loks like she could of had

a blast

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH

OT: Man that's horrible
I'm surprised she's so calm. Most people would really lose their head in panic.
I agree but the Australia media have really blown this out of proportion
I hope the local news doesn't call her too much to talk about this, her parents might have a short fuse.
[sub]We're all going to hell.[/sub]

OP: Fuck, I thought kidnapping was the popular thing for ransoms, this is a headline from a comic book. Next we'll see a bank robbed with freeze rays.

Jazzeki

Jun 29, 2011
BanicRhys said:
Sneaky-Pie said:

no you atre somewhat right. nobody here most likely really care. nobody is gonna cry at best this is curiosity. but not careing and saying "she deserved it" is so not the same thing either. it's not that you don't care. aparently you're the one here that cares the most... because you want her to suffer like this.
so yes OP might be tiny bit selfrightous... but you are among the worst scum on earth...
but hey i don't care... i'll never have to deal with you in any meaningful way.