Borderlands 2 Goes Musical in New "Wimoweh" Trailer

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Dreadman75 said:
JokerboyJordan said:
So epic, Borderlands 2 has had some of the best trailers for a game in recent memory, I hope it can live up to the hype.

Was that Zero's voice by the way? Sounded feminine
Watching the video again, I'd have to say the same. That does sound like it came from Zero judging from (her?) movements right after the shot, and (her?)does sound very feminine.

Has there actually been confirmation on Zero's gender? Or could Zero be a robot of some sort?
There has been no mention of gender so far, but due to the amount of fingers, people have speculated Zero could be a cyborg or some kind of alien.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
Sorry, just left a redundant post in the game forum.
Questions:
Is that little girl the Mechromancer?
Is the Gunzerker related to Marcus-the arms dealer/bus driver from the first game?
The little girl is Tiny Tina, an explosives expert; there's not final art for the Mechromancer yet.
And there is no information on your second question, sorry.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
DJ_DEnM said:
GonzoGamer said:
Sorry,
Is the Gunzerker related to Marcus-the arms dealer/bus driver from the first game?
The little girl is Tiny Tina, an explosives expert
Well, Tiny Tina just became my favorite Borderlands character. I hope she gets a good amount of screen time.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Okay, either this trailer's epicness just brought me to tears, or my left eye has something wrong with it.

Probably both.

Gearbox: Can we has Claptrap singin' Rick James in the next one?

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I'm (what's the word) happy and pissed off at the same time. Happy that it comes out so close to my birthday, pissed off because MY BIRTHDAY IS THE DAY RIGHT AFTER! Why couldn't it be released on MY BIRTHDAY!? GOD DAMMIT AUGH!!!

I can't wait, think I'm gonna have to get the super special edition

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
JaceArveduin said:
DJ_DEnM said:
GonzoGamer said:
Sorry,
The little girl is Tiny Tina, an explosives expert
Well, Tiny Tina just became my favorite Borderlands character. I hope she gets a good amount of screen time.
Tiny Tina does look awesome. She is going to be a NPC character, apparently a friend (she hates Bandits) and gets her own intro still scene... So we'll probably be seeing her a fair bit. At least I hope so.

There is no indication that Salvador (the Gunzerker) has any connection to Markus. I suspect that the heavy woman with the heart tattoo that's appeared in both trailers so far is Markus and Moxxi's daughter, the sister that Scooter mentions sometimes in the first game. At least to me she looks kind of like Markus, family resemblance. And she has Moxxi's boob tattoo...

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
nekoali said:
Tiny Tina does look awesome. She is going to be a NPC character, apparently a friend (she hates Bandits) and gets her own intro still scene... So we'll probably be seeing her a fair bit. At least I hope so.

There is no indication that Salvador (the Gunzerker) has any connection to Markus. I suspect that the heavy woman with the heart tattoo that's appeared in both trailers so far is Markus and Moxxi's daughter, the sister that Scooter mentions sometimes in the first game. At least to me she looks kind of like Markus, family resemblance. And she has Moxxi's boob tattoo...
I bet she's going to be like Scooter was in the first game :D

And do you have something against boob tats?

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
JaceArveduin said:
nekoali said:

I bet she's going to be like Scooter was in the first game :D

I have nothing against them at all! I love them personally... I want to get one some day.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Looks kinda interesting but I HATED Borderlands 1 so I'm probs not gonna buy this one unless they make drastic changes to the game.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I'm not buying this because I have to wait to score an Ultimate Loot Chest Edition. Some dude on Ebay is gonna take me to the cleaners :(

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
DJ_DEnM said:
GonzoGamer said:
Sorry, just left a redundant post in the game forum.
Questions:
The little girl is Tiny Tina, an explosives expert; there's not final art for the Mechromancer yet.
And there is no information on your second question, sorry.
They kind of sound the same don't they?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
nekoali said:
I have nothing against them at all! I love them personally... I want to get one some day.[/quote]
Okay, makin sure.

Ya know, an unsophisticated bastard would say something like "do I get to see once you get it?" XD

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I love Borderlands' trailers, they are so damn awesome.

I'm all giddy for the game now, can I have the game now?

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
Love the trailer. Definitely entertaining and only makes me look forward to the game more.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, that was a very enjoyable trailer, made me want to play the game.
So, I´d say it was a success as a trailer. Loved the music as well!

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
Joseph Harrison said:
Looks kinda interesting but I HATED Borderlands 1 so I'm probs not gonna buy this one unless they make drastic changes to the game.
Nope, sorry. I doubt that enough is going to be changed to make people who didn't like the first one like the second. They are trying to make it as much like the first as possible, only with more stuff. They had a hit on their hands with the first, no reason for them to change it totally.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
TheBobmus said:
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Using the classic tune "Wimoweh" (which many of you may know as that song from The Lion King)
Was it ever used in the movie?
I've seen it only twice, but I gotta say I don't recall a scene with that old classic.
Yep,

In the movie they mixed it up with a bit of lyric. "In the jungle the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight." the did a sort of medley with wimoweh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8milJNj_W0 is a link of it *is not synced to the part of the movie, but is what they used in the movie*