Borderlands 2 has sent out a love letter to the PC.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter

Compared to what happened with Borderlands 1 (You know what I mean), this is just sublime and gives me all the more motivation to pre-order when it goes on Steam.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Aaaaaaaaaand pre-ordered. Hardcopy. And yes, I know it'll probably use Steamworks, but I can put down a deposit if I buy it hardcopy, so I don't have to wait to get the $35 back that I just spent on something else...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Good for them, although don't you think it is sad that features that should be pc standard like a FOV slider are being touted as a great new featuire?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Yes yes it's all sweet words and candy when they want something, but when it comes down to it I'm the one walking around with a black eye telling people I ran into a door.
It's nice of them to do this but these chop shop ports are a Gearbox standard, so I really don't believe a word of it until it's released.

It is a crying shame when basic options become marketing material, I wonder how long before they even start calling them innovation.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Claptrap is right.

I DO have a desire to shoot midgets in the face with lightning imbued shotgun shells.

Okay, BL2 shall be purchased.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I think they've actually won my purchase with this.

I was on the fence about buying it after the original, but, if they stick to this, I'm definitely going to buy it.

Yes, I know they're pretty standard features, but, when you have a reputation of not having them, promising that you are is a step in the right direction.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Something that should be a standard for a PC FPS?!
Truly GearBox are the saviours of gaming!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Offline LAN support?!!!

PRE-ORDERED!

They didn't really need that letter. It only made me feel like they were trying to manipulate me. That list of PC specific features is good. It's what every PC game should have.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Yeah. It's amazing how gaming advanced over last years that having those features in PC version can be considered a huge step forward.
Still it's nice to see that developers finally notice that fact and start bringing back those options for our "dying breed". Also bonus points for a fun way to communicate it. I like when devs can make that extra step to make it look interesting.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
darkstone said:
Good for them, although don't you think it is sad that features that should be pc standard like a FOV slider are being touted as a great new featuire?
It's incredibly sad but hey they are finally adding it in. Doesn't excuse the first one's state but at least they are fixing it for the sequel.

FateOrFatality

Mar 27, 2010
I just can't resist Borderlands 2 with smooth talking like that...

I was already leaning towards buying it with how Gearbox got Clap Trap to record a eulogy for that fan that died, but this seals it. Gearbox PR is winning.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
What's remarkable about it is that Gearbox are trying to dig themselves out of the hole they've created for themselves. It's not a record for the industry - but it is one for Gearbox. That's what people are so excited about.

Actually, here's a personal reflection: I love Borderlands, but I feel kinda bad playing it, for two reasons: I know it's a pretty obvious console port, and tunnel-vision. If Gearbox can stick to their promises and make a PC game with neither of those problems, Borderlands 2 will probably be my GOTY. If not, it still looks pretty fun.

If you want to reject it based on the fact that a developer is pledging to fix their long-running problems, that's totally cool. If you're doing it for making an announcement that they're finally coming 'up to scratch' in the eyes of PC gamers, that's...well, it's acting like a complete t**t. Saying "WE WON'T FORGIVE YOUR CONSOLE BETRAYAL!!!!" just gives everyone else the image that we really don't want us to have. Regardless of how elitist we all are, we can all agree that developers moving away from the PC is a bad thing. But seriously, if you're so cynical that you think promising that the PC version will be good is a bad thing...

Seriously. That's. Wow. Just. Wow. The PC Gaming Master Race has found its messiah.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
and this is why I love gearbox, ok yes most of these features should be standard to PC games, but its good to see they are trying to fix all their old problems and delivering the news brilliantly. Also from watching totalbiscuit on youtube I have learned that these features aren't there in a lot of pc games.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
leet_x1337 said:
hazabaza1 said:
What's remarkable about it is that Gearbox are trying to dig themselves out of the hole they've created for themselves. It's not a record for the industry - but it is one for Gearbox. That's what people are so excited about.

Actually, here's a personal reflection: I love Borderlands, but I feel kinda bad playing it, for two reasons: I know it's a pretty obvious console port, and tunnel-vision. If Gearbox can stick to their promises and make a PC game with neither of those problems, Borderlands 2 will probably be my GOTY. If not, it still looks pretty fun.

If you want to reject it based on the fact that a developer is pledging to fix their long-running problems, that's totally cool. If you're doing it for making an announcement that they're finally coming 'up to scratch' in the eyes of PC gamers, that's...well, it's acting like a complete t**t. Saying "WE WON'T FORGIVE YOUR CONSOLE BETRAYAL!!!!" just gives everyone else the image that we really don't want us to have. Regardless of how elitist we all are, we can all agree that developers moving away from the PC is a bad thing. But seriously, if you're so cynical that you think promising that the PC version will be good is a bad thing...

Seriously. That's. Wow. Just. Wow. The PC Gaming Master Race has found its messiah.
Uuuuuh, dude? Many of my favourite games are on console. It just seems a bit silly that everyone is getting so cheerful about this when really it's something that a PC version should have. Don't get me wrong, it's good that it's happening, certainly, but I think people are overreacting just a tad.

Varil

May 23, 2011
Okay, it might be bullshit and it's sad they had to point out that these features will be around. I still liked the letter, and I'm still going to be pre-ordering Borderlands 2.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
God yes! I just jizzed! Oh wait, that was 5 minutes ago! Nevermind! I jizzed in future anticipation of this announcement. Come at me bro! Borderlands 2 is where it is at!

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
leet_x1337 said:
hazabaza1 said:

Uuuuuh, dude? Many of my favourite games are on console. It just seems a bit silly that everyone is getting so cheerful about this when really it's something that a PC version should have. Don't get me wrong, it's good that it's happening, certainly, but I think people are overreacting just a tad.
Okay, maybe seguing into a rant was overreacting. But still. It's not good to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Dudes the PC version for our game is going to be totally functional! High five!
All jokes aside its nice to see them supporting PC and better yet with great humor. When you think about it a paying customer is a paying customer and giving all your customers a quality product is only fair even if the PC market isn't as massively profitable as console you don't lose as much money on adding these features as you gain from the extra sales. Anyway it will be interesting to see what Shamus Young has to say if anything.