Borderlands 2 has sent out a love letter to the PC.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
lmao

nice XD

shame its not my kinda game, I'd love to give these guys money for being cool like this

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
drednoahl said:
I can't play some of my PC games on my 27" monitor - I've been told that changing the fov sorts that (also told I should have gone for a gold aspect 16:10 monitor, not 16:9) so I welcome what Gearbox are saying. Mind nearly everything he list should be the norm for a AAA PC release in my book, but it's still nice that some devs are listening - I hope 2K are listening too.
The aspect ratio and fov are two separate issues. What happened with aspect ratios is that 16:10 (e.g. 1920x1200) used to be the standard for computers, but in the last 2-3 years screen manufacturers pushed 16:9 (1920x1080) screens on us because it is cheaper for them. Now a 16:10 screen costs twice as much as a 16:9 and usually has to be special ordered.

Some computer games made back when 16:10 was the standard now fail to support 16:9. Pretty much every game in the last 2-3 years supports both resolutions though, except some indy games that run at a low res. For older games there is usually someway to tweak some files and make it work, for that I suggest the widescreen gaming site:

http://widescreengamingforum.com/

Anyway, field of view is a different issue. It won't stop the game from running, it will just make it look bad. A narrow field of view is like wearing horse-blinder glasses, it cuts out your peripheral vision.

A narrow field of view makes sense when your sitting across the room watching TV, but sitting right in front of a monitor it's better to have a large field of view.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
At least they acknowledge that there's a better way to serve the PC Crowd than basically blowing them while giving them a console port.

Then again, they are trying to insist what should be the basics for a PC game are wonderful commodities, so...

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Already had the console version pre-ordered, but if I get a new computer this summer, I think I may just buy the PC version too. This was awesome.