Borderlands 2 News! The Mechromancer is to be released today.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
According to Randy Pitchford, who announced the news on Twitter, the Mechromancer class, the one that comes free with pre-orders/new copies, is to be released a week earlier than planned, so today!

The tweet reads:

"So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. Oct 9, all platforms. Woo!"

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/255540164959559682

No news yet on just when today, but I'm still pleased about it nonetheless, and look forward to trying out Gaige.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
WHAT?!

But but but, I already have Dishonored and XCom to play when I get home this weekend! I PLANNED EVERYTHING OUT PERFECTLY! WHY MUST YOU RUIN MY WEEKEND RANDY PITCHFORD?!

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Check out the skill tree [http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html]; it's bat shit crazy. I can't for the life of me think of what I would do with that character :/

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
This is Lilith´s replacement it seems (Three words: Lame Overpowered Character).

BUT. Its too soon to judge this all. But I have the feeling this class is going to be exactly what I just said.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
It looks OK, I guess. Not a class I would have picked as my first option if it were part of the full game...
WoW Killer said:
Check out the skill tree [http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html]; it's bat shit crazy. I can't for the life of me think of what I would do with that character :/
I see SEVEN Friendship is Magic references. Fuck everything, I'm playing this class and all other classes suck!
Just kidding, but on-topic... this class does look very interesting.
EDIT: Make that eight references.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Hahaha

20% cooler, fancy mathematics, the stare, evil enchantress...

ALL My Little Pony references.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Jebus. The shit is not making it easy to focus on law school...

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Oh. My. FREAKING. God.

Never did the term "Go Go Gadget" get so...soooooooo deadlier now that the D374-TP has finally made it's way here.

*stares in awe of the skill trees*

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
There's a lot of talk on the Gearbox forums that this DLC, orthe update to go along with it, is messing up peoples saves, resetting their badass rank and skins. I would suggest backing up your character saves before updating, just in case.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I am not sure why people think this class will make the game easy... unless the robot is shooting homing rockets or something (no, that's for the commando lol). I didn't see anything in that skill tree that looked even remotely overpowered, let alone powerful. Things like, "A small chance % to make 1 bullet ricochet and do decreased damage" don't wow me at all. Would anyone honestly even notice that happening? Would anyone really care?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Apparently downloading the Mechromancer DLC causes your Badass rank and golden keys to drop to 0. Just a warning.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Oh. My. FREAKING. God.

Never did the term "Go Go Gadget" get so...soooooooo deadlier now that the D374-TP has finally made it's way here.

*stares in awe of the skill trees*
What!?

*mental image forming*

Gaige: Go Go Gadget!

Bandit: What?

*D374-TP appears*

Bandit: oh fuck me sideways...

D374-TP: Affirmative... assume position.

Bandit: AHH NO!

*mental image finishes*

*goes to download class right f**king now*

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Well this is a pleasant surprise! I was planning on giving the Mechromancer a try once it came out on the 16th but it looks like I get to do that now. ...Or at the end of the day according to Randy Pitchfords Twitter.

The "Ordered Chaos" Skill tree looks absolutely fucking insane. No wonder Gearbox said it was for hardcore players.

I wonder if they'll redo the intro sequence and put her in it. I'd love to see D37P-TP in action there!

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
WoW Killer said:
Right, so, if you go for the Anarchy stacks and combine that with the Close Enough skill you can basically spray all your bullets into the floor and auto-targeting enemies whilst doing massive bonus damage and getting all sorts of buffs like regening health and improving rate of fire. All you have to do is trade in pressing the reload button.