Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep Review

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep Review

Gearbox takes us into the labyrinth of the gamer psyche.

Read Full Article

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Our Borderlands 2 group have been looking forward to this ever since it was revealed. Gotta love Tiny Tina! Looks like this DLC might be quite substantial too!

Also good use of MiracleOfSound music!

Edit: Finished it yesterday and all I can say is.... Wow. That's an ending all right!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I am so excited to play this! Come on Steam, UPDATE! It's June 25th (though only 4am), I need this NOW!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Sounds like a great way to finish off the BL2 experience, really looking forward to playing this with my friend.

Mar 30, 2010
Any idea when this is being put up on the XBL marketplace? I've come home from work on my lunch-break to download this and it's not up yet.

EDIT - (15:15 GMT) It's on there now.

Trekkie

Sep 21, 2008
I need a party to play through this with.

also anyone know what that song that was playing through the credits was?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Goofguy said:
Sounds like a great way to finish off the BL2 experience, really looking forward to playing this with my friend.
well gearbox has said that while this is the last dlc in the season pass they are most likely going to make more dlc.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Trekkie said:
I need a party to play through this with.

also anyone know what that song that was playing through the credits was?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/6420-Breaking-Down-The-Borders-Borderlands-2
while it is a good song; I would say it's not one even one of miracle of sound's best songs

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
Sad to hear that the new weapons aren't anything to write home about. I know they added grenade mods that cast spells [http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Spell_Grenade] instead of throw grenades and your character is also supposed to hell out the spell thats cast. Looking forward to hearing Krieg scream LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! NIPPLE SALADS! LIGHTNING BOLT!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Looming_Shadows said:
Nothing against this dlc but.... THEY FUCKING RIPRED DARK SOULs WITH THE MIMIC!
Actually, the Mimic has been around since first edition Dungeon and Dragons.

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
Looming_Shadows said:
Well, the Mimic has always been apart of D&D and RPG games. Dungeons and Dragons, Final Fantasy, Dark Souls. Its nothing new. Most of the time they hide them in more powerful areas, as that makes opening treasure chests a Risk Vs Reward option. "Do I risk the chest for a high level Mimic while I'm low HP, or do I just skip it and come back at a better state?" Most of the time Mimics are a Higher level than the local monsters, because devs hate us.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Looming_Shadows said:
dark souls did not invent the idea of mimics and it was not the first game to have mimics in them. I have no clue where you got this idea that borderlands ripped of darks souls by having mimics in it.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChestMonster
I links to tvtropes because I am somewhat evil and it has quite a few examples.

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
acer840 said:
Looming_Shadows said:
Well, the Mimic has always been apart of D&D and RPG games. Dungeons and Dragons, Final Fantasy, Dark Souls. Its nothing new. Most of the time they hide them in more powerful areas, as that makes opening treasure chests a Risk Vs Reward option. "Do I risk the chest for a high level Mimic while I'm low HP, or do I just skip it and come back at a better state?" Most of the time Mimics are a Higher level than the local monsters, because devs hate us.
You're telling me; been replaying Dungeon Siege 2, and I could swear that the mimics in that game are harder than the actual bosses...

OT: Hard to find it much of a surprise that True Vault hunter mode in this DLC is hard; I probably spent most of the main campaign in that mode losing several million credits. :/

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
Bolt-206 said:
acer840 said:
You're telling me; been replaying Dungeon Siege 2, and I could swear that the mimics in that game are harder than the actual bosses...

OT: Hard to find it much of a surprise that True Vault hunter mode in this DLC is hard; I probably spent most of the main campaign in that mode losing several million credits. :/
Pretty much. Though to balance it, mimics/chest monsters have either better rare drop items or a higher than average gold/gil/money drop rate.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Bolt-206 said:
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode took me from like $100m to 0. Seriously. 0.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Nasrin said:
Bolt-206 said:
How is that possible? Are you playing it single or something? This mode is made for co-op, try joining a few groups and picking up a few sick items before trying it. Shouldn't take you long to get close to the best, since most people online seem to be cheating, and just drop legendaries everywhere. Of course, it always helps if you are a mechromancer :p

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Nasrin said:
Bolt-206 said:
Theres something that cannot be solved with a grenandier spec Axton and liberal application of Torgue weaponry?

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Slycne said:
Looming_Shadows said:
Actually, the Mimic has been around since first edition Dungeon and Dragons.
And it's kind of amazing the guy who invented D&D and RPGs as we know them filled the game with so many monsters built to mess with loot-lovers.

And on a related note, they missed a prime opportunity to call this DLC The Keep on the Borderlands [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_on_the_Borderlands].