Borderlands 2's Krieg Trailer Is Romantically Psychotic

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
This may be thie thing that gets me into Borderlands 2
IMO its absolutely an amazing game, some of my favorite gaming moments have been when I recently started Co-Oping with a few fellow escapists. Speaking of which, if you do decide to get it (on PC that is) and you want a Co-Op partner feel free to message me, I'm always open for gaming with the awesome people on this site.

OT: That was amazing, almost to the level of the meet the team videos. (but not quite as good. for all the things I dislike about Valve, they sure as hell know how to make an awesome trailer)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
major_chaos said:
Evil Smurf said:
IMO its absolutely an amazing game, some of my favorite gaming moments have been when I recently started Co-Oping with a few fellow escapists. Speaking of which, if you do decide to get it (on PC that is) and you want a Co-Op partner feel free to message me, I'm always open for gaming with the awesome people on this site.

OT: That was amazing, almost to the level of the meet the team videos. (but not quite as good. for all the things I dislike about Valve, they sure as hell know how to make an awesome trailer)
next pay day I might take you up on that offer. What class would you recomend?

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Definitely very, very tempted to get Borderlands 2 now.

Will have to see how much it is on Steam now, absolutely loved playing melee with Brick in the first one and was quite disappointing to see him replaced with Gunzerking.

This sounds like my kind of character xD.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Okay, that was pretty funny.
But I'm still going to hold out until the Game of the Year Edition, and then buy it used.
I wasn't one of the people ripped off by Aliens but...I would just feel dirty supporting them right now.
Besides they already got 60 dollars out of me once already for this game.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Evil Smurf said:
major_chaos said:
Evil Smurf said:

next pay day I might take you up on that offer. What class would you recomend?
really depends on your play style, even then each class has many play styles and on top of that you will most likely have a different play sytle to other fps games and depending on what loot you get so here is a quick run down of sverel play styles for each class:

axton: very traditional fps character, focused on grenades, explosives, assault rifles and shotguns. His turret can be anything from massive damage out put to cover to distraction or a mixture of them all. He is best when in consistent and action and moving from cover to cover.

maya: healer, crowd control(really, really good crowd control) or ALL THE ELEMENTS! or a mixture of two or three of these.

salvador: he wields two guns, what two guns you decide to wield really influences your skill choice, he can be awseom supper accurate duel revolver wielding cowboy badass or duel wielding miniguns and spraying and praying. Also the second tankiest character and has nearly double the dps of other characters.

Zero: stealth sniper or ninja your choice.

DLC gaige: the one with the pet, a really badass robot pet. the anarchy tree is also very interesting and when crossed with another tree opens up many interesting options, i.e. my tree of x1-12(takes about 30 min of gameplay wihtout dying to built it up so high) damage though x1-12 as inaccurate combined with a skill that means if my shot misses it still has a 50% chance to be deflected and hit the enemy for 50(600% once anarchy is maxed with special class mod)% of their damage.

DLC krieg: Either kill skills, so many kill skills(bonus that activate apun kills) or taking damage is fun and advantages or fire, fire everywhere, so much fire you can burn robots to death

on this page you can actually check out all the skill trees(though a couple of skills are slightly different in game then on that page):
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters

OT: krieg is probably the best character in borderlands, not the funniest I think that goes to tiny tina, mr.tourge or general knoxx, but just the most interesting and thought out character.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
rembrandtqeinstein said:
For the "normal" play through all the hunters work but for the TVHM some of them are just better (zero sucks, mechromancer is god, others are slightly above the suckiness of zero.)
Not if you can get headshots like moi

OT: Badass trailer, I should probably patch my game and give it another go.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Evil Smurf said:
I love melee crowd control. I may as well play Krieg or Maya
in that case I would say kreig mania/hellborn tree as with the right shield you end up becoming a walking explosion, very effective crowd control and then the last skill in the mania tree and numb the nerves you will be almost invincible titan that has melee damage to rival a rocket launcher.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
nuba km said:
Evil Smurf said:
I love melee crowd control. I may as well play Krieg or Maya
in that case I would say kreig mania/hellborn tree as with the right shield you end up becoming a walking explosion, very effective crowd control and then the last skill in the mania tree and numb the nerves you will be almost invincible titan that has melee damage to rival a rocket launcher.
I don't know what that is, but it sounds good.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
rembrandtqeinstein said:
For the "normal" play through all the hunters work but for the TVHM some of them are just better (zero sucks, mechromancer is god, others are slightly above the suckiness of zero.)
having two lv 50 characters, one lv 53 and on lv 61 I have to say it really comes down to play style how well you do in different play throughs. For instance as kreig I have done brilliant compared to my mechromancer, commandor or siren(my lv 61) I am playing hellborn and the mid skill tree 1 point skill lets you use electrical, corrosive and slag weapons with the same effectiveness as fire weapons. super badass loaders can't even damage me faster then I recover health, though kreig doesn't do well against burst damage such as rocket launcher wielding enemies but then again most characters don't do well against them.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
His Hellborn tree plus Flame of the Firehawk equals death to everything.

Sadly, his melee is not nearly as good as Zer0's.

Still, this character looks like a lot of fun.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
I don't think you're playing Zer0 right... IMO he's one of the best VH for TVHM and especially UVHM. You just have to be careful since he is about as durable as a twig. The higher tier stuff in his sniper tree aren't all that great but Bore is an amazing ability. His Cunning tree is also great. Death Blossom is extremely powerful.

Melee is also very viable with him (yes, even on UVHM). An Evicerating Rubi and a Love Thumper shield let you wreck pretty much anything. I've solo'd every raid boss with him on UVHM except for Voracidous but I might even be able to kill him too once I get a better Legendary Class Mod.

As far as the others go:
Salvador is easily the best VH in the game (you can build him for infinite gunzerking which means constant ammo and health regen while also using two weapons).

Axton is also great if you spec him for explosives and then abuse Torque weapons (especially Unkempt Harold).

Maya is also awesome and all of her trees are viable. She's just not very good at raid bosses since her Phase Lock becomes mostly useless.

Gaige, as you said, is very good. I personally like her shock tree the best.

Krieg looks very fun but I agree in that I don't think he'll be that great in UVHM (everyone is 100% viable at TVHM -the game doesn't start to get insanely difficult until UVHM).

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I like Krieg now. "You're gonna die, and the last words out of your mouth are going to be 'poop train'." Funny.

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
Desert Punk said:
Question for those who have been playing for a bit though... Can you skip the tutorial yet? I truly hate having to go through that over and over again..
You don't exactly go through it the third time (by that time, they figure you know what in the bloody blue f*ck you're doing, but the first 'boss' comes up for a visit), and since the Southern Shelf is part of the story, it can't be skipped. But it is handy for some quick XP for your character.

Coincidentally, the way the Mania tree works out, it can save your life all the way through the third playthrough, and even make some of the more serious badasses (super, ultimate) seem tame compared with a blood axe to the face. On that, lather, rinse, repeat, run like hell for cover. Or don't... the final trait in the tree fully recharges the skill automatically, making you ready for another go-round with everyone. Also, I've managed to start the first playthrough with Krieg, and finished the third with Krieg. Actually, the only character I've done that with.