Borderlands Has Sold 3 Million Copies

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
ark123 said:
Yahtzee also thinks WoW is unplayably horrible
Have you watched a single Yahtzee review? Go back and watch every review where he mentions World of Warcraft. He calls it a massive time sink full of grind, but one of the few good MMOs he's played and pretty much the only one he can look back on positively because it gets the bloody fundamentals right.

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
am i the only one that did not like borderlands? i preordered it and its been the biggest waste of $50 of 2009.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Too fucking bad those nice people can't fix the need for port-forwarding to host a fuckin' game.
they actualy released a patch a few weeks ago that final fixed that

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
The irony of their "no dicks" statement is that this is the company that had a go at Valve for not being innovative or something along those lines.

Dick.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Worgen said:
Flying-Emu said:
Too fucking bad those nice people can't fix the need for port-forwarding to host a fuckin' game.
Six months after the game releases and after the community has dwindled to null.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Worgen said:
Flying-Emu said:
Six months after the game releases and after the community has dwindled to null.
I didnt say it was timely, I just said they finaly did it

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Worgen said:
Flying-Emu said:
Worgen said:
Flying-Emu said:
I didnt say it was timely, I just said they finaly did it
True enough.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
BobisOnlyBob said:
ark123 said:
Have you watched a single Yahtzee review? Go back and watch every review where he mentions World of Warcraft. He calls it a massive time sink full of grind, but one of the few good MMOs he's played and pretty much the only one he can look back on positively because it gets the bloody fundamentals right.
I watched all of them. He repeatedly call people who plays WoW social pariahs, says grinding is for idiots and wails on multiplayer games every chance he gets. Maybe you should watch a few more?

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
ark123 said:
BobisOnlyBob said:
ark123 said:
I watched all of them. He repeatedly call people who plays WoW social pariahs, says grinding is for idiots and wails on multiplayer games every chance he gets. Maybe you should watch a few more?
You're right in that he complains about grinding and calls those who play it parasites, but as he says in Extra Punctuation, he played it "almost solo" - travelling from region to region with minimal support, enjoying the quests, gameplay, and presence of other players but NOT interacting massively. Before we descend into further accusations, I would recommend you read this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/7170-Extra-Punctuation-Goth-Mercenaries]. Essentially, he doesn't "think WoW is unplayably horrible", but that it could be magnitudes better and of the current crop of MMOs it is undeniably the best, but that doesn't mean it's any good.