Borderlands: Hey, cut it some slack.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I didn't know what it was when people started talking about it, I don't know what it is now.
So, no, I'm not that upset by a change of style.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I want it now.
I hate when people say the art style turned them off. Graphics should always come after the fun factor, and Borderlands looks like it'll be really fun.

TheOneCharles

Aug 25, 2009
ViktorValentine said:
I like the cartoon-esq, graphic novel look too. in one of the developer interviews which I saw on another site they said that midway through development they wanted the look of the game to look like concept art. You know when you see early concept art for a game and it looks so much more awesome than the final product? Like in mass effect, the first generation of concept art was awesome. That's the look they were going for and I like it, makes a change from realistic stuff.

Im a bit nervous about the whole random weapons thing, I mean how will it work? Also will it actually have depth or will it end up being cheap? Either way ill give it a month or so until I buy it, im sure one of my friends will get it anyway.
i was worried about the whole random gun generation too, but after reading a bit more into it, it seems like each gun will really be unique, not just "Shotgun of Good Aiming" or anything with the same look slightly different stats.

It also seems that each stat will directly affect how the gun looks, higher accuracy means the barrel will be longer, higher damage means overall size might be larger. Lots of different parts too as far as magazines, sights, grips, scopes, all that good stuff. In one video there's a guy with a sniper rifle that uses a revolver style of reloading and feeding bullets.

PeaceFistCreations

Feb 19, 2009
I actually wasn't interested until they remade the graphics like it is now. I thought it was just another shooter, but after I saw the new graphics, I checked it out and heard about some of the gameplay. I've been looking forward to it ever since.
Its graphics are much more detailed and cooler than normal cel-shading, it looks a lot like Crackdown. I love it.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I don't think that's even a real number. But the 4 player co-op sealed the deal for me.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
RAKtheUndead said:
That number of guns is absurd;
As absurd as being able to karate kick a helicopter to death?
Excuse me sir, being able to karate kick a helicopter is the only reason that I dont believe in gravity any more.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
I love the look of the game, has a really unique look. What's the deal with the weaponry? Is there really that many guns?

Pre-ordered nonetheless.

-Joe

Ben7

Apr 15, 2009
Im just interested in it for the fact that they made software specifcly to make over 500,000 weapons. Although im not fond of the cartoonish style, I guess I could get used to it after a while.

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
That number of guns is absurd; who the hell would be able to make parts for that many firearms? There's a reason why armies tend to standardise as much as possible.
There aren't actually that many guns in the game, at least not any more than Diablo had a billion kinds of axes, spears, and swords. It's a small number of guns (probably around 10-20) with a lot of randomly set variables. In other words RPG weapons.

As for the gameplay, I have hopes, but from some of the videos it seems to be leaning too heavily on RPG elements. Which means you end up just standing still and repeatedly shooting a tough NPC.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
I dont know, I kind of like the artstyle choice. At least its now "OMG BROWN AND GRAY WITH BLOOM!" It reminds me a little of TF2, which I personally think is a good thing. Of course, with the amount of content available in the game, it's definitely worth my money. However, I'm a cautious person, so I think I'll wait for a few reviews before buying.

Durahan2

Mar 12, 2009
I'm more stoked for games likes Like Borderlands, lost planet 2, and Demons' Souls; not CoD 4:2 or GOW3. I love the look of the game, I think we need more games that look like this. I'm completely sick of bland colors of the "modern" shooter. Plus it just looks insanely fun.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Yeah, cartoon style games suck, like that big failure that came out a few years back, what was it called? Team Fort or something? I bet it could have been big if they just had good realistic graphics.