Borderlands Presequel - Grinder and other questions

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
So i know all of two recipes for this damn thing, the standards and the legendary recipe, does anyone else know of any others?

Also, does anyone else get the feeling this game is a little shorter than the others? (probz DLC maneuver hue)

And finally, this is directly aimed at the Aussies among us, does anyone else find the australian accents as painful as i do?

Rayce Archer

Jun 26, 2014
You know what's crazy about the accents? The game was made BY AUSTRALIANS, so they either sent it back to America for Australian-accented voice-work (most likely) or had a bunch of Australians talk the way they think Americans think Australians talk. I personally like the idea of the second one as I have spent a nontrivial part of my life perfecting the Monty Python "American Accent" which is surprisingly hard to layer onto a real American accent.

Anyhow to your question: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Grinder

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Rayce Archer said:
You know what's crazy about the accents? The game was made BY AUSTRALIANS, so they either sent it back to America for Australian-accented voice-work (most likely) or had a bunch of Australians talk the way they think Americans think Australians talk. I personally like the idea of the second one as I have spent a nontrivial part of my life perfecting the Monty Python "American Accent" which is surprisingly hard to layer onto a real American accent.

Anyhow to your question: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Grinder
I know it was made by Australians, but speaking as an Australian, hearing a poor version of the accent you hear everyday throughout an entire game isn't as fun as it sounds. I'm sure if you were American, and it were the other way around you'd understand.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
From the video of gameplay I saw, yes. It's painful and just annoying, especially when they could've just hired, y'know, australians to do it. Fuckin' hell.

asdfen

Oct 27, 2011
this game is short enough to be a good DLC for BL2 and way too short on content for a full fledged game imo
The accents/voice acting are all over the place in this game and not in a good way.

lemoinedoubli

May 19, 2013
When I had seen a twitch stream of someone playing the game, I had heard some of the characters, genuinely thinking they sounded like older Australian cartoons. This was before I knew the game was done by 2k Australia mind you. That said, I feel they did a pretty good job. If you think differently, here is a video of 'Blinky Bill' that you can also argue is a bad representation of an australian accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StNGsZrv0-k

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
The accents are pretty accurate when you think of them being frontier outback wild west style aussie accents.
I know i have rarely heard anyone talk like that but as a characture of the australian accent i think it kinda works.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Well, if reaching lvl 30 around the end is still the indicator of lenght, then I'm a bit more than halfway there with 11 hours in. I did all the side quests so far, so I'm not rushing. I only got the first weapon slot unlock a few hours back, so there's still more to go I reckon. And in a few hours I'll start a new character with the mates, so there's that.

TheLastFeeder

Oct 29, 2012
And now you know my irritation over Skyrim and Kingdoms of Amalur...
...And more or less all games that try to use Icelandic/Old Norse words and/or names in combination with voice acting.