Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Unleashes The Lunar Fragtrap Fall 2014

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Probably no way it's going to match up to Borderlands 2, but at least it's more borderlands gun slinging action.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm guessing this is what became of that raiding the Moonbase DLC we were allegedly gonna get.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Wait a second... Wasn't Wihelm black in BL2? Hum, I looked at the best picture I could find and he is either a dirty, tan, white man or of a brown complexion. Anyway, more Borderlands WOOOOO. Wonder how much they are gonna charge for it, being what amounts to an old school expansion pack and all.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
the December King said:
Wow- four playables, and TWO are women! That has to count for something, I guess - that there are more playable women than men.

I mean, that's good for everyone else, I assume. So, cool.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed.

Borderlands is one of my favourite games, but I don't like playing female characters much, and the game does have a propensity for all of the murderable goons/common enemies being males, which kinda bothers me, but these are small potatoes.

As an aside, I'll enjoy trying out the claptrap, that'll be my fix for inhuman characters, for sure.

I'd love to be able to play a Skag, though!

It'd be like playing an alien from AVP, but you know, 3rd person, and, well, awesome.
Huh, ya know I never really took the Borderlands games seriously. More Just shoot stuff, explosions, loot, ect. So I find it kinda odd that anyone goes into this game with a role playing outlook. I mean, it's not like Skyrim where you character is a blank slate. The people you play as have there own personalities and back stories, not like there's much to imprint yourself on. And for that matter I would hate to deny myself a whole different class just because I didn't like the character model. but to each there own I guess.
Taken seriously? Not really...I dunno, there is just no appeal to me in playing a female character, in this context. I certainly wouldn't deny the chance for others to play them in this context, though. After all, I'm going to be in this character's role, motivated by their story and invested in their skillsets, look and playstyle... but if I'm not comfortable/happy from the get go, then there it is- I just won't play it. I expect no less from others who play games, and have options to roll with.

Sep 24, 2008
I don't like handsome jack.

I thought he was one of the more loathsome characters I've ever seen.

Oh yes. He's 'witty'. He's 'derisive'. He's self concerned. All the hip things that people think are so cool now.

He's also a little *****. A whiny one at that.

If the game focuses on him more, I'm not interested. Shame.

CGAdam

Nov 20, 2009
I'm more interested in Tales from the Borderlands, but I hope this one does well. Every good BL game increases the chance of BL3.

...right? That is how these things work, isn't it?

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
I enjoyed Borderlands and Borderlands 2 but after about 20 or so hours I just got bored of the game. I got almost to the end of the base BL2 game but just got bored and stopped playing.
A Borderlands 3 is not really needed, is it? What more do they have to offer except more of the same we got in BL2?

Brennan

Mar 21, 2014
I'm in the "why would I want to help Handsome Jack?" group. He was a great villain because he was brilliantly designed to make you enjoy opposing him just for being him. He was like an itch you love for the ecstacy of scratching.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Much like pulverized glass & rusty nail sandwich, the ability to play as Clap Trap while taking orders from Handsome Jack is like bringing together two shitty flavours into the one super shitty flavour.

They're the two most annoying characters in any of the Borderlands games so far.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
gamegod25 said:
As long as the air resource is just required to do special moves and such thats fine with me. If you start to die when it runs out then even it is only $20 I won't be getting this because I refuse to deal with superfluous nonsense like that tacked on to what was already a perfectly good wheel.
Is... is this a satire of some kind? Please tell me this is a really weird and badly executed satire. Because if you're seriously calling asphyxiation in space "superfluous nonsense" that will stop you from playing the game, then I have no hope for gamers anymore.

Silly Hats

Dec 26, 2012
Can't wait, there's a good amount of newer indie titles that are directly influenced by Borderlands - would love to have something new to smother. I'm fine with working for Handsome jack just to hear more of the loudspeaker employee messages.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
lacktheknack said:
gamegod25 said:
As long as the air resource is just required to do special moves and such thats fine with me. If you start to die when it runs out then even it is only $20 I won't be getting this because I refuse to deal with superfluous nonsense like that tacked on to what was already a perfectly good wheel.
Is... is this a satire of some kind? Please tell me this is a really weird and badly executed satire. Because if you're seriously calling asphyxiation in space "superfluous nonsense" that will stop you from playing the game, then I have no hope for gamers anymore.
No really I was being completely serious. This is like adding a gas gauge in a Burnout game or a hunger bar in a Painkiller game, there is no need for it in an already perfectly good, arcade-y game. And don't go all "but that's realistic" because fuck off, this is Boarderlands not Arma or The Sims. Realism has always taken a back burner to the action. You can fall from impossible heights without injury but not needing air to survive in space THAT shatters your suspension of disbelief?

Yeah maybe it's a petty gripe to you but I just don't see the point to it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
gamegod25 said:
lacktheknack said:
gamegod25 said:
No really I was being completely serious. This is like adding a gas gauge in a Burnout game or a hunger bar in a Painkiller game, there is no need for it in an already perfectly good, arcade-y game. And don't go all "but that's realistic" because fuck off, this is Boarderlands not Arma or The Sims. Realism has always taken a back burner to the action. You can fall from impossible heights without injury but not needing air to survive in space THAT shatters your suspension of disbelief?

implying I'm not immensely annoyed by no-explanation no-damage falls

I mean, why bother with gravity at all? Why bother with ammo? Why bother with enemies? All they do is get in the way!

They'll include a "die in the vacuum of space" mechanic because it's what you expect, and because it's fun. It adds a bit of tension to the situation. The only people who should be genuinely annoyed by it are the slow and methodical OCD collector types... and those are the wrong people to be playing Borderlands.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
lacktheknack said:
gamegod25 said:
lacktheknack said:
gamegod25 said:

implying I'm not immensely annoyed by no-explanation no-damage falls

I mean, why bother with gravity at all? Why bother with ammo? Why bother with enemies? All they do is get in the way!

They'll include a "die in the vacuum of space" mechanic because it's what you expect, and because it's fun. It adds a bit of tension to the situation. The only people who should be genuinely annoyed by it are the slow and methodical OCD collector types... and those are the wrong people to be playing Borderlands.
The situation already has tension and fun from using cool weapons to kill tons of crazy baddies. All adding a need for air is a timer you have to keep an eye on and keep resetting or else the fun stops. It made sense and added to the atmosphere in the Metro games because it tried to be fairly realistic. Even then it was still annoying (especially in last Light) because you could very well run out while in the middle of a fight and interrupt the fun. Borderlands has never tried to be all that realistic and just be a fun cartoonish shooter. How does making you able to suffocate add anything to the game? Worst case scenario you die only to respawn back at the checkpoint a little ways back and have to run back to where you were. So why even bother having it at all? And before you say "why even let your character die ever" the difference is that you died from fighting and actually playing the game, not because some arbitrary timer counted down to zero and killed you. There is a reason most games got rid of having a timer/bar for flashlight use, because it was stupid and not fun. Hopefully there will be indoor areas and easy to get more air when out in space.