Borderlands

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
So I am thinking about getting Borderlands, but first I would like to hear the opinions of my fellow escapists and what you guys liked best about it.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I have it on PC. Haven't actually played a great deal of it, I think mostly because of the FOV. I never realised it was a problem until I did, if you know what I mean.

Also it's considered a shoddy PC port.
I'm sure if you're getting it on consoles it'll be a blast.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Do you have that "loot compulsion"?
Do you like shooting hockey mask wearing bandits and creatures that can only be described as a cross between a mangy dog and a graboid?

If you said yes, chances are you will love Borderlands.
The difficulty curve tends to dip way low towards the middle of the game though.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
It's fun with friends. Not so much by yourself unless you just LOOOOVE slightly better loot.

It kinda gets repetative quick. But if you push through the boring parts it still has many interesting moments.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
oplinger said:
It's fun with friends. Not so much by yourself unless you just LOOOOVE slightly better loot.

It kinda gets repetative quick. But if you push through the boring parts it still has many interesting moments.
Does it have split screen?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
oplinger said:

Pretty much this. For a slightly more humourous experience, I recommend purchasing "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx" DLC. That, for me, was the best DLC purchase ever. Of all time.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Yeah, pretty much what everyone says above me. Plus you're better off getting it now; the GOTY Borderlands has all the DLC with it. I guarantee it will keep you and your friends busy for a while and having lots of fun.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
oplinger said:

Pretty much this. For a slightly more humourous experience, I recommend purchasing "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx" DLC. That, for me, was the best DLC purchase ever. Of all time.
Nothing will ever beat the Shivering Isles. NOTHING!
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
The_Lost_King said:
oplinger said:

Does it have split screen?
Yes it does.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
The_Lost_King said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
oplinger said:

CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
Please, I have Scooter. Scooter, if you would so please...

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Play as a Siren it's SOOOO much fun. Also, make sue you have a friend to play it with, or it will get stale almost immediately.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Play with friends, and it's awesome. It's basically Diablo with gameplay that doesn't center on clicking and/or getting hacked.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
The_Lost_King said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
oplinger said:

CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
Please, I have Scooter. Scooter, if you would so please...
Oh yeah, you will like Sheogorath or else he will tear out your intestines choke you and skip rope with them

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Despite what everybody is saying the game is PERFECTLY playable solo. I played through it probably 3 times solo. Don't really understand all the people saying it's unplayable without friends.

Get the GOTY Edition if you can. All the DLC's are solid.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
I have it on PC. Haven't actually played a great deal of it, I think mostly because of the FOV. I never realised it was a problem until I did, if you know what I mean.

Also it's considered a shoddy PC port.
I'm sure if you're getting it on consoles it'll be a blast.
As a fellow PC Borderlands player, this may be of interest to you. It's a tool that lets you customize a whole heap of settings with the game, including FOV, making it a much less awful port. Here's more information, a working download link is in one of the last few posts in the thread. [http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1085076]

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
I lose track of time playing that game. It's really easy to make any character overpowered, so you're basically Robocop. It may get repetitive, but it's fun as hell and I would recommend giving it a shot.