Bored of dwalves / elves / mages / ogres? What type of race would you like to see more of?

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Give us more "Alien" races. I don't mean things like the Na'Vi, Quarians or Prawns. I mean things like The Beast (of Homeworld: Cataclysm fame), the Martians from the original H G Wells War of the Worlds or even those bizarre Moon Spider/Lobster/Crab/Rock things from Apollo 18. All of those would qualify as actual Aliens, as opposed to a good 99.9% of Alien Races.

Fantasy on the other hand...anything goes to shake it up. Even if it's Werezompires or something like that.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
werewolves/beasts that would be truly awesome also space heroes!

lawrie001

Jun 23, 2010
hmmm if was sci-fi would be more aliens like tyranids or zerg (biologist so I love race which are made up of bio-engineered beings ^^) or necrons just like robotic doom army :D. Fantasy would go for well the same but like non-scifi style so tyranids would be translated as probably similar to chaos I guess or maybe a horror like an insectoid thing umm oh I know like the insects from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind(japanese manga/anime film watch it) that sort of plague thing that corrupts all it touches...oh undead would be another option for that but too cliche so giant insects +fungus people are more go go.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/f/f0/Xindi-Insectoid.jpg (I know its an alien but you could see like a magic mistake making an insectoid sentient being instead)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3109/3186689179_c7483ccb6b.jpg (thats probably more like a fantasy race that could exist but not really playable)

Kapri

Jul 20, 2011
They are a bit hackneyed agreed. I just wish people would come up with their own original species like aaaaaa... oh I dunno... rabid mutant zombie wombats from space? I dunno...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
More damn Elder Scrolls races is all I need. Clever subversion of normal tropes.

Civilized Orcs that aren't mindless killers? The only other game I saw that in was fucking Two Worlds 2.

Although, I do feel a need for ES6 to finally give us a Dwarf-driven prequel game of sorts. I WANT TO PLAY AS A DWARF. For real, though. Not in some fan-mod.

Also, I love the Dwarves in Dragon Age: Origins. I was sad to not see anything but Surface Dwarves in DA2.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Giants.

I'd love to play a fantasy game where you were a Giant and the majority of your foes were normal sized creatures that you squashed like ants.

It could present a different set of challenges, as the game world would be too small for you to interact with it traditionally, you'd lift up houses like a normal adventure would open treasure chests and dungeon crawling would take on a literal meaning.

Just walking through a town would be a skill-based challenge as you would have to be careful not to step on anyone or destroy buildings, which wouldn't endear you to the local populace and quest givers, it would be like playing a Medieval Mechwarrior game in which you piloted an organic Mech.

Combat could still be challenging as it would be hard to notice individual tiny enemies, and you could still get swarmed by armies of foes and out manoeuvred by an army fielding cavalry and artillery.

It would be interesting to play a fantasy game from a different, much larger perspective.

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
Hmm lets see...of course I'd like Sayains, Nameks, and the like but...the gameplay is probably set in stone then. Ok, I'm looking forward to Chiss, Wookies, Rodians, and maybe some Noghri. But definitely Chiss would be cool ;)