Bosses and Boss fights that make you go "F*** this, F*** that, I am not fighting him/her! I AM OUT!"

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Hello Escapist,

Yes the title pretty much says it all and is a straight forward question.

What are some bosses or boss battles that has made you think twice about your approach and tactics you had planned and some where you just think to yourself "NO NO NO fucking way!!"??

Comment below and enjoy the thread.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
FINAL BOSS IN BLINX THE TIMESWEEPER!

I love that game, I never got to defeat the boss! I got up to his final phase once, couldn't work out how to hit him and died, got stuck on the rewind to old bosses part and ended up not finishing before the 360 came out. Compared to the rest of the bosses, a boss that could finally use time powers just like you made my jaw go all, to the floor and stuff.

Seriously though I need to play Blinx again, I love that game. It's like up there with Banjo Kazooie for me. Now when people ask me why I converted to Xbox instead of PS2 I can say Halo and Blinx fools.

Seriously though the final boss is like a disturbing black armor plated demon with a clock face.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
The battle in Ninja Gaiden where you fight 2 tanks then have to fight the attack helicopter straight after. I beat the tanks and when the heli showed up i just said fuck this, i'm a ninja not Rambo and gave my friend it straight back. The game made little sense to begin with but when modern weapons were being thrown against me, my sword and my crossbow i had played enough.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ruby Weapon from FF7. Fuck that rat bastard and his hand tentacles! I'll just raise a Golden Chocobo the old fashioned way:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

Deep breaths, deep breaths. Put it down for a minute and take a break. Calm? Composed? Try again, and repeat the earlier instructions in about 5 minutes.

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
Sephiroth in Kingdom hearts, fought him around 10 times then just gave up as I realized you would need to level up a lot to fight him and I really didn't want to grind levels.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Ruby Weapon from FF7. Fuck that rat bastard and his hand tentacles! I'll just raise a Golden Chocobo the old fashioned way:

Heh. Love that comic. Hard to believe it's ten years old now. :/

OT: Well recently, I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I was hunting that giant bird that was able to mimic the sounds of other monsters, including a Great Jaggi. Before I went, I thought I was going to face him in the Flooded Forest, but instead, I found myself in the desert instead. And I didn't bring any cool water, so there was my first mistake.

When I actually got around to fighting the guy, the fight quickly developed into a mad house. The thing called out Great Jaggi, those annoying felynes that steal stuff from you and those armored rhino things. The bird itself was no slouch either, as it had attacks that inflicted the heat status ailment that drained my health.

I found myself getting knocked out twice by the guy and at that point I thought, "Yeah, I don't I'm ready for this thing yet" and abandoned the mission.

I came back later with cool drinks and sonic bombs and had a bit of an easier time with the guy.

The worst part is, that's not even one of the harder monsters to take on in the game. Heck, last night I was barely able to take out a Royal Ludroth by retreating and getting my health back through sleeping. I'm going to need to start crafting better equipment in order to catch up with these guys.

And boy do I love it.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Seth from Street Fighter IV. I suck at fighting games, plain and simple. But I can usually power through the storyline, especially on easy. Not so here. Cheating character with cheating AI. Plain and simple.

I got to the point in Dark Souls where I decided I just couldn't take it anymore. Tried going through the temple after ringing the first bell and couldn't make it. Went down into, for lack of a better term, Hell and saw that fire magma demon thing. "Nope. That's it, I'm done. I don't even know what the story is here, and this stress isn't worth it."

Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts II. I beat him in Kingdom Hearts, but when I found out all the things you needed to do to get ready for him in II--massive levels on top of leveling up the different forms so you could unlock abilities...yeah, no.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Not so much a boss but a last race.

I had just gotten my PS2 and wanted to beat ridge racer, I won every single race, even though I was having very little fun. I finally got to the last race, it was an oval track and you were given a 1,000BHP engine ... I thought, this is going to be easy, I've breezed every race so far and I've just gotten a massive power boost.

20 attempts later and my best placing was 9th, I thought fuck this! Not played it since. Talk about a fucking difficulty spike, if it was a graph it would look like square with no lid.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
Seth from Street Fighter IV. I suck at fighting games, plain and simple. But I can usually power through the storyline, especially on easy. Not so here. Cheating character with cheating AI. Plain and simple.

I got to the point in Dark Souls where I decided I just couldn't take it anymore. Tried going through the temple after ringing the first bell and couldn't make it. Went down into, for lack of a better term, Hell and saw that fire magma demon thing. "Nope. That's it, I'm done. I don't even know what the story is here, and this stress isn't worth it."

Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts II. I beat him in Kingdom Hearts, but when I found out all the things you needed to do to get ready for him in II--massive levels on top of leveling up the different forms so you could unlock abilities...yeah, no.
You mean the Ceseless Discharger? He's easy, even more so because of the scripted method.

And I thought Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2 easier than in 1, mostly because is easier to get the best weapon in the game and by the time you get to him you already have a shitton of OP abilities. He's still a asshole, so there's that.

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
Usually the last gimmicky boss to most fighting games. I'm not particularly bad at them, my timing and combos are pretty decent. What gets me is when the computer is on that level where it's blocking and combos feel superhuman.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
Black Dragon Kalameet, from Dark Souls DLC. That thing is... just... arggggggggghhhh.
Thanks god it was an optional boss, you I just decided to leave it be and complete the game. Maybe next walkthrough...

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States

Evrae
I will kill you with all my hopes and regrets!

I've not played Final Fantasy X since.

---

Also, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, I built my whole game around fighting and defeating this guy.

[img width= 300]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/XIMMDFrbiqo/hqdefault.jpg[/img]

Oh Ike... if only using that sword were the only condition needed to defeat him.
Although I was never happier about a video game then when I did win.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Eclipse Dragon said:

I've not played Final Fantasy X since.
Oh fuck me, is that the city-guard, or whatever the hell it was called?

If it is, yep, I stopped there too. I hadn't done enough grinding, and was left screwed at this point!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
Mah Boi, if you think that Seth is hard, then I wish to see your face during the fight with any of the King of Fighters bosses.
Speaking of which, my choice would be Rugal from King of Fighters series
I could NEVER defeat him without using other boss characters.

vid87

May 17, 2010
After hearing about the hidden boss Lapis in Legend of Legaia (say it 5 times fast) I tried doing a little level grinding...then gave up after about 10 minutes. I love the game but the battles and leveling are slooooow and, while I've seen him beaten at lower levels, it still looks like a pain in the ass to get the necessary items. I know about the secret insta-kill trick with him, but that's not my style. Between that and hard mode at the coliseum (fighting the second to last boss of the game with no magic or armor), I just can't be bothered.

Also, not really a boss, more of a stage hazard - the Dark Sun from Disgaea 2 is so pants-shittingly terrifying (to me at least - I'm sure others scoff) that I refuse to do the Dark World sidequest, especially since, if I understand right, some of the requirements you complete to unlock the next stage in the area automatically send you there, which is even worse for someone like me who hates random creepy stuff. In general though, the game is infamous the insane levels you can reach, which require the kind of grinding and math skills I've never used in my gaming life.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
The gaping dragon from Dark Souls. I was a bit freaked out when it made its appearance.

...of course, he (she?) turned out to be the easiest boss in the game.