Bosses/Enemies/Puzzles that Made You Want to Stab Your Screen

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Silent Hill 2...that game wasn't too scary...just fucking annoying. Bought it cause Yahtzee said it was really good and Ive heard good things about it. I don't regret buying it, but it was hardly scary. I don't know, maybe I'm just a creepy person. But what I truly remember is how frustrating it is push forward. The game is too cryptic. I could not figure anything out without a guide.

I have to admit, their were some parts that made me scream.... ( Remember the part when Pyramid head came out of nowhere and then James and Mary had to run from him...nearly woke up the entire house)

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
berault said:
An older original XBOX game "Sudeki" had a giant robot-spider boss you fought in a lab, this robot-spider shot lasers, and there was only one place you can shoot that actually dealt damage, and it was the same robot-eye that shot the lasers, you can tell how well that works out.
oh man i remember that game. What about the boss that had the attack that could kill you in one it and like a billion hit points? I remember athe very end of the fight I got him to so that you actually couldnt see any health left on his bar. He did his attack and I didnt get out of the way in time and I died. I was so pissed because I spent like a day trying to kill that fool. I threw done my controller and was about to just tear the game out of my xbox when the screen went to a cut scene about the boss dying. The attack actually did damage him too and so he killed himself before the counted my death.

I was in shock.

Mr.Mudkip

Nov 16, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
poiumty said:
The Colossus from ME2....
You're shitting me. I didn't get hit once on any of my 3 playthroughs (and one was on hardcore). FYI, there's a thing called cover in that game.

On-topic: Devil May Cry 3's Vergil. You fought him 3 times, and damn was he hard. Especially if starting at normal difficulty without going through easy first.
Do you like your sanity?

If you answered no, play it on Heaven or Hell mode, God damn that was one of the hardest games of my life

[sub][sub]*maniacal giggle*[/sub][/sub]

Your shenanigans shall not work here! I get why they called it that, but they might as well as named it So Easy It Breaks The Game mode.

Anyways, Vayne from FFXII. You have to fight 3 boss battles on end to get to him, and then we find out he can make himself invincible? It made me rage quit for a day.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I wanna be the guy. I nearly killed my dad when he walked in and started to talk to me while I was trying to kill mecha birdo. My dad then tried to play the game and nearly had a psychotic break. That game is there to breed spree killers, I swear to god.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
soh21 said:
Anyways, Vayne from FFXII. You have to fight 3 boss battles on end to get to him, and then we find out he can make himself invincible? It made me rage quit for a day.
Meh, I must have been really over levelled, I barely has to touch the controller that fight. A cure spell here and there but I found Vayne pretty easy, which is why I hated him.

SUPA FRANKY said:
Silent Hill 2...that game wasn't too scary...just fucking annoying. Bought it cause Yahtzee said it was really good and Ive heard good things about it. I don't regret buying it, but it was hardly scary. I don't know, maybe I'm just a creepy person. But what I truly remember is how frustrating it is push forward. The game is too cryptic. I could not figure anything out without a guide.

I have to admit, their were some parts that made me scream.... ( Remember the part when Pyramid head came out of nowhere and then James and Mary had to run from him...nearly woke up the entire house)
Yeah, this one and Silent Hill 3 made me rage quit a few times because I didn't want to look up the answers. Great games and I love them to pieces, but my god they're annoyingly hard to puzzle out. They're the only games I've ever played with a pen and paper sat next ot me.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
In the later parts of Boktai 1, there is a puzzle involving colors and numbers that I just couldn't understand when I was about 11. Everyone else could, but not me...

And to this day I just memorized the codes I have to type in a skipped it.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Maibus said:
Darth Vader in The Force Unleashed, I mean yeah he's Darth fucking Vader, but COME ON its said explicitly in the books that a single bolt of Force lightning would fry the delicate life support systems in his armor, and I mean both fights too, though that second one was near impossible for me.
+1

And as the thread title includes puzzles too, the CD case puzzle from Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. I spent hours wandering around the game looking for that bastard.

[EDIT] for clarity.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Vasuki from digital Devil Saga. She was easy after I got Null Panic. The Demi-fiend on the other hand, I've never been able to beat him. Yunalesca was another one, but I found her to be easy last time I fought her.

berault

Nov 5, 2009
funksobeefy said:
berault said:
An older original XBOX game "Sudeki" had a giant robot-spider boss you fought in a lab, this robot-spider shot lasers, and there was only one place you can shoot that actually dealt damage, and it was the same robot-eye that shot the lasers, you can tell how well that works out.
oh man i remember that game. What about the boss that had the attack that could kill you in one it and like a billion hit points? I remember athe very end of the fight I got him to so that you actually couldnt see any health left on his bar. He did his attack and I didnt get out of the way in time and I died. I was so pissed because I spent like a day trying to kill that fool. I threw done my controller and was about to just tear the game out of my xbox when the screen went to a cut scene about the boss dying. The attack actually did damage him too and so he killed himself before the counted my death.

I was in shock.
I had a friend and resident expert at that game beat the specific boss for me

Dr. Love

Apr 18, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
After last night, Chaos in Final Fantasy: Dissidia. The fucker practically rapes me, and then when I do finally beat him I find I have to fight him again, right away with no restoration of health or anything. And to put a cherry on it, after I manage to get through those 2 battles, I find I have fight him a third time (possibly more, 'cause it's at that point I gave up), again no restoration or anything. And the real kicker of all this is if I die I have restart this whole sequence of battles all over again. AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!
Keep trying is all I can say, i was stuck on him for a good while myself, with enough patience you'll get his annoying ass and eventually he'll be cake. Though I will nominate him as well for the list as well. FOr the relative ease it is to reach him, you get there and just smack into a 4 foot-thick steel wall.

the other i'd probably nominate would most likely have to be Vergil on Dante Must Die difficulty in DMC3, all three of the fights are intensly hard, but as much frustation as they've accorded me, Can't say i've had more fun with a boss fight then killing Vergil flawlessy on DMD.

dabronc7

Jul 16, 2009
Alpha 152, the last boss on Dead or Alive 4. She breaks grabs can teleport directly behind you and if you walk within 10 feet of her she launches into a combo that takes down a third of your health. Fun.

That is all.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Chamber 18 in Portal drove me absolutely insane... until I figured out you could exploit the emergency escape hatch thing.

Other than that, the only time I ever want to chuck my controller at the screen is when I fight a Tank on Left 4 Dead.

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
1st play through of Zelda, Twilight Princess... one of the last bosses. Impaled! (me cursing, restart) Impaled!... or whatever the hell its called I get pwned. I try again. I get pwned. 22 tries before I actually figured out that if you don't move well before hand... he's going to eat you. Even then he doesn't always go Straight so even if you move like lightning theres still teh off chance of getting Pwned. I have the best shield... does that stop a single thing Nooo. After I beat him I saved, turned off the game and started putting arrows into the target in my backyard... I didn't stop until the target fell apart.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'd also like to nominate Nyx from Persona 3. That guy has like 12 forms and is a fucking cheap-ass! I still haven't beaten the bastard, every time I think to go back and try again my blood boils at the mind numbing frustration of it.

Zaydin

Mar 2, 2009
The Praetorians from Mass Effect 2. Annoying bastards. Constantly regenerating that damn biotic barrier after you take it down and get maybe two shots in before it comes back up.

ShakesZX

Nov 28, 2009
In any fighting game, whenever you reach the final boss and they have some random teleporting moves and seem like they're ten levels more advanced thanyou, that's the moment i stand up, throw a big middle finger at the screen and walk away.

Those cheap-ass bozos really get under my skin.